CH2 Understanding The Situation.
47 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Lots of things to keep in mind after the instructions were given.
 
After Norman read them, his was baffled.
 
It took him a while to digest this information before he finally fully understood.
 
Sitting on the seat in front of the central control display, Norman closed his eyes and pondered, about the information given.
 
Judging from what given in info so far, this survival game, if that's what this info packet is going to call it or what seems to be the situation with how it sounds. Every pioneer goal is to dive deep into the abyss which sounds horrifying.
 
It is far from what those apocalyptic or wilderness survival documentary's because being on land sounds wonderful but diving deeper into the abyss sounds like a free ticket to the afterlife.
 
Then you must think about Food, oxygen, water pressure, aquatic creatures…
 
All kinds of potential threats go hand in hand, threatening safety of every pioneer at all times.
 
In addition, the collection of resources can also bring it own perils!
 
The sonar detector can only scan the HV points near the submarine, but it cannot distinguish what those HV points are.
 
It's fine if it's a resource materials and all, but if you encounter some terrifying aquatic creature, I'm afraid death is your only answer.
 
In fact, this is similar to opening a box blindfolded. It depends on luck.
 
The key is that in such a dark environment, the searchlights that come with the submarine only have a light range of 20 to 30 meters.
 
It is impossible to search for the materials lurking on the seabed with the naked eye.
 
In this case, he can only rely on the sonar detection system even with it drawbacks.
 
However, Norman, who has little experience in submarines after researching them when he watched documentary's on the subject, he knows that the being or system or whatever you want to call it is giving out information, isn't doing so out of sympathy for the earth pioneers because if it did it wouldn't have teleported us, than telling us to Survive knowing full well that half or more don't know how to operate a submarine.
 
But he still wouldn't underestimate the difficulty of this survival game.
 
At the same time, at the end of the system announcement, the countdown appears.
 
It brought a strange sense of urgency to Norman as watching's numbers go down stating how long you have to live seems to be one hell of a motivator. Although he does not know what the consequences of the so-called ice layer collapsing will be like.
 
But since the first goal given by the system is to reach the first gathering outpost before the ice layer collapses.
 
Just thinking about it, and not reaching that supposed goal that was place sends a shiver down my back. "My life in on the line!,... fuuuck"
 
The countdown has a seven-day limit, That's probably a protection period for all pioneers to get to the gathering outpost.
 
After thinking about all of this, Norman took a deep breath.
 
It's not his character to sit still.
 
Now that he has been teleported into this Planets depths and ended up in a submarine 2,000 meters in the ocean depths, no matter how difficult it is, he will definitely do his damnest to survive!
 
However, since this is a submarine, there should be some other settings on display or functions.
 
Before leaving his position to start his journey towards the abyss, Norman felt that he had to do some in-depth understanding first.
 
Since the seven day limit has just started, he still has time to get comfortable with the systems settings and controls of his submarine.
 
Fully understanding the functions and settings will definitely bring great help towards his survival.
 
Just as he began touching the display, the interface on the central control display suddenly began to change.
 
The system instructions that have been given before gradually disappeared, replaced by the submarines data and control interface.
 
[Tartarus No. (Exploration Type Submarine)]
 
[Specification: 10*10*8m]
 
[Oxygen content: normal]
 
[Shell damage: 0%; Hardness: low]
 
[Submarines Weapons: None]
 
[Hull structure: simple]
 
[Pressure resistance: low (only safe navigation in waters above 2500 meters)]
 
[Overall evaluation: H]
 
(System Info Drop: Don't try to take the submarine to deeper waters. Rather than exploring, you should consider how to survive the deep-sea environment and the dangerous marine cave systems until you reach the gathering outpost!)
 
The text on the submarines information is in normal bold font and it is displayed on the center control panel.
 
The system info drop at the bottom is in golden font, and it is slightly distorted, which is a bit out of tune with the information introduction.
 
But the thing is that this line of words seems to appear in front of Norman out of thin air, not from the display itself.
 
Since he had just come into terms with being teleported en masse along side everyone else, Norman didn't think there was anything wrong with this, so it seem to be normal thing happening to him it should be happening to everyone else as well.
 
After reading the basic information of his Submarine Tartarus, he could not help but feel annoyed with information being given to him.
 
Although it is not clear what rank other people's submarines are at, the H-rank evaluation of Tartarus is a bit too low according to the normal rank system that he knows about such as H, G, F, E, D, C, B, and A being the highest.
 
Moreover, there is not a single weapon attached to the submarine at all.
 
If he encounters any deep-sea creatures, there is not even the slightest chance of fighting back.
 
"This submarine is nothing more than barebones. taking control of such a submarine, and trying to surviving the depths of this planets abyss, it is nothing more than gambling on my life..... damn it!"
 
As Norman yelled out his frustration for a couple seconds, he sighed deeply.
 
However, as soon as he calm down, he came to term with his situation. Norman mentality was strong, it had to be or he would die at the bottom of the abyss and no one will hear him scream.
 
All the people that teleported, some should have went through the same situation as him and taking control of their mentality but for the rest he didn't know.
 
Even if there is a difference with those coming to terms with this situation, there shouldn't be too much of a difference, otherwise, this en masse teleportation would have been meaningless if everyone goes crazy and know play there damn game.
 
Looking away from the submarines information page, the line of faint golden fonts disappeared.
 
Then, Norman turned to look at the other lists displayed on the central control display.
 
Taking a glance, he saw several familiar words.
 
[Communication Channel], [Exchange Market], [Auction Market], [Ranking List]…
 
As his gaze moved, Norman suddenly discovered that the pale golden font appeared again below these lists.
 
[Communication channel]
 
(System Info Drop: Players can communicate through the communication channel. At this stage, only the regional channel is open. When
80% of the players pass the shallow area, the world channel will be opened.)
 
[Exchange Market]
 
(System Info Drop: Players can buy and sell resources and items through the exchange market without charging any intermediary fees. If used properly, it will help you pass the seven day period smoothly.)
 
[Auction Market]
 
(System Info Drop: The auction market is similar to the exchange market. The time and starting price of the items are set by the pioneer captains themselves, and no intermediary fee is charged.)
 
Whenever Norman focused his attention on the list, golden text appeared on the corresponding list he glanced at, as if it was making a introduction for Norman on what each one of them did.
 
At this time, Norman didn't feel that the golden font meant anything to him, he still believed that everyone had the same golden font to explain the list of possible options.
 
After all, even the unreasonable act of teleportation has already have happened, even if it is something special, he can accept it calmly at the moment.
 
After simply browsing these lists, Norman did not find anything special, and it was no different from ordinary functions when dealing with other games he's played.
 
after a while of checking the lists and the information it give him, the communication channel began to flicker.
 
The other lists are all blank. Obviously, at this stage, no one has started to sale or auction off resources.
 
"It's been a while since I woke up. Have they started chatting in the communication channel so soon?"
 
As Norman pondered upon this.
 
Norman locked his eyes on the communication channel.
 
Driven by curiosity, he tapped the screen with his finger.
 
A cold touch came upon pressing the screen display, the list was expanded, and a line of green characters appeared in front of Norman.
 
[Shallow Area: Channel 66671]
 
Norman was stunned, and immediately realized that this should be the regional channel of his Area.
 
In the upper left corner, there is a display of 100000/100000.
 
Obviously, this is a sign of the number of active Pioneers in the current area.
 
In addition, in the upper right corner of the communication channel, there is a number of daily voice/messages that can be used, the current status is 5/5.
 
Norman suddenly understood, it seems that in the regional channel, the system seems to have place restrictions in order to prevent influx of voice/messages.
 
At the moment, with the expansion of the communication bar, a large number of voice and text messages slid past like a waterfall.
 
The number of unread messages in the upper left corner of the screen suddenly increased to 9999+!
 
[Hercules: Who can tell me what the fuck is going on?! Why did I end up in a submarine for no reason?]
 
[Love: *Sob Sob*… It's so scary here, so cold, I want to go home, I want my mother...]
 
[ET: Two thousand meters under the ocean! Could we have been abducted by aliens? ! Does anyone know what's going on here?]
 
[Nautilus: Hahaha... Everyone was teleported, It's finally my time to shine! O Deep Abyss, here I come!]
 
[Da Clever: I'm a landlubber, I can't swim, let alone drive a submarine! How am I going to survive!]
 
[Nissan: I will start the great voyage on this planet, I'm destined to become the Pirate King and find the One Piece hahahaha!]
 
[Invincible: The evaluation of my submarine is only H?! What level are you all?]
 
[Shenlong: In the name of the Chinese Navy of are great nation, I sincerely invite all of are Chinese compatriots to join our fleet and recreate the glory of China on this planet! My current coordinates are 9178632.56, -2102.3, 7785433, my compatriots nearby please go as soon as possible!]
 
With all these Voice/Messages in Regional channel, it can be said that it was a mess, as everyone is messaging in full swing.
 
The channel brings together different Cultures and Ethnicity's, and it seems that the people of China have started grouping with each other already.
 
It just shows that when in danger, group up.
 
Norman just glanced at the display, but found no particularly useful information.
 
As far as the current situation is concerned, almost everyone is still in a state of confusion, and they didn't set sail immediately.
 
The only certainty is that everyone's start is no different, they are all trapped in the submarine.
 
And, as Norman expected, everyone started from the same starting point, and the submarines were all H-class submarines.
 
If there is any discovery, it seems that a official from China "Shenlong" has put forward coordinates for the first time.
 
However, in Normans view, the coordinates seem to be meaningless at this stage.
 
Most people haven't even figured out the situation yet. At this time, it is very risky to find people to form a fleet!
 
after a while, Norman was thinking of closing the regional channel.
 
Instead of wasting precious time of the seven day period on building a fleet.
 
It is more important to get acquainted with his submarine as soon as possible.
 
He knows almost everything on the center control panel, but he is not familiar with the various facilities and
functions in the submarine.
 
But at this moment, several other messages in the regional channel suddenly caught Normans attention.
 
[Seagull: This seven days period towards the gathering outpost, doesn't even give any hints and introductions, how do we know what any of the buttons or facilities do?]
 
[Calm: You are right seagull, as I have the same questions what is an exchange and auction market? How are they used?]
 
[Boogie Island: Same question, I am also trying to understand, my head hurts from trying to figure out how they are going to work!?]
 
Looking at these conversations, Norman suddenly felt that something was wrong.
 
The golden info drops that appeared in front of me clearly had already introduced corresponding functions for each function of the markets, and communications. Why are these people still wasting precious voice/messages and asking such obvious questions in the regional channel?
 
"what's going on?"
 
"Could it be that no one else can see these golden info drops?"
5