V3_Chapter 4: Tetsuya’s Swing
41 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

V3_Chapter 4: Tetsuya’s Swing

In the first half of the second inning, Seidou High School attacked.

Right now, the rest area of ​​Maimon High School.

Coach Chiba Junichi’s face was pale.

What Sawamura just threw, from what he can see, is the most common Straight ball, but this is the most common Straight ball, and these proud students under his command can’t even touch the ball.

Not only they missed the ball course, but also the timing of the swing was much too late.

“Why is that?”

As soon as a player came, he asked.

“There’s no way to see the ball’s starting point, and the ball is looked super-fast at the strike zone.”

‘Super-fast!’

From the perspective of Chiba Junichi, Sawamura’s ball is fast, but it is definitely not super-fast. It is only 140 km/h max. However, it is definitely not enough to discourage the mind of the Batter.

Nevertheless, the players say they feel that the ball is faster after they get to the strike zone.

Faster than one hundred and forty km/h!

Sawamura Eijun, who is just in the first year but his spec is way beyond the standard.

“What a monster!”

It took him three years to cultivate a Minamidaira. Sawamura had just started high school, and his strength was beyond that of Minamidaira and Kikunaga.

‘Now, it’s troublesome~’

Sawamura’s flawless performance completely shut up Chiba Junichi who was active in the game.

He saw no hope of taking points out of Sawamura’s hands.

Despite this fact, Chiba Junichi said firmly.

“It takes patience now. As long as we can stop them from scoring, opportunities will definitely appear. After all, the pitcher is only a first-year, and his physical strength cannot support nine innings.”

The pressure brought by Sawamura is indeed great, But not enough to feel hopeless.

For the third grade, this is their final tryout. When the game was over and their high school baseball career was over.

Whatever it is, now they have to go all out.

“Fourth batter, first baseman, Yuuki-kun.”

At the beginning of the first half of the second inning, Seidou’s fourth batter, Yuuki Tetsuya, took the strike zone.

In the team of the Second String of Seidou High School, several figures immediately jumped out.

“Play it out, Tetsu!”

“It’s time to show them your power.”

“Finish them, Captain!!!”

Needless to say, just looking at the cheering momentum, you can know that this batter was different even in Seidou.

On the bench, the Players of the first string also stood up and cheered for their Captain.

As soon as Yuuki Tetsuya stood on the strike zone, everyone felt as if something extraordinary was about to happen.

“Come on, Captain!”

“Smash it out!”

In the face of Seidou’s Fourth Batter, Maimon was also prepared.

Their shortstop moved directly to the position close to the second base, which was in the direction of the first base.

Not only him but also all fielders of Maimon’s gave the impression of concentrating on the first base side.

For a right-handed Batter, this kind of defense is equivalent to blocking the path of the outside corner pitch.

“Does the opponent plan to use an outside corner pitch to decide the outcome?”

Isashiki muttered in dissatisfaction.

Kuramochi frowned and shared his experience with Sawamura.

“That pitcher’s outside corner ball felt like it was on the Ball side.”

Sawamura nodded.

Of course, the pitcher is right-handed, and with the Submarine pitching form, the outside corner from this angle feels different.

From the perspective of the Batter, it will naturally feel very far away!

And presumably, Tetsu-san also knows this.

“It feels like trying to escape from the face-to-face showdown.”

Sakai said in a loud voice.

Just as everyone was having a heated discussion, Kataoka suddenly spoke.

“You guys, Look closely at Yuuki’s batting.”

‘Um?’

The Players were stunned for a moment, but they quickly recovered. Superintendent Kataoka meant that they should learn something from Tetsuya.

On the strike zone.

Tetsuya held into the bat in the hand and lifted it up very simply.

The Catcher of Maimon High School put the Mitt in the outer corner.

They know a bit about Yuuki Tetsuya.

That is one of the best in the whole Kanto area, and it doesn’t matter if you lose a base against him.

The most important thing is to throw the ball all the way to the outside corner.

This means that it doesn’t matter if you throw a Ball, the most important thing is to be tricky.

On the pitcher's mound, Minamidaira held his breath and threw the baseball in his hand.

Sawamura brought a lot of pressure, but Minamidaira has no time to worry about Sawamura now.

His task is to deal with the batters who are currently on the strike zone now.

Whoosh!

The white ball whizzed out and flew towards the catcher’s Mitt.

Yuuki stayed motionless facing this ball.

SNAP!

“BALL!”

SNAP!

“BALL!!!”

Two Balls in a row.

In the rest area, the voices of the Players suddenly became high.

“Nice!”

Kuramochi grinned: “As expected of the Captain, he can clearly see it.”

He was very resentful of Minamidaira’s outside corner pitch when he played. He really did not expect that the Captain could calmly judge the Strikes and Balls.

They are behind in the count, and the pressure on Minamidaira’s shoulders is getting heavier and heavier.

At a time like this, the problem of his inexperience arose.

He felt very uncomfortable with Tetsuya just standing on the strike zone.

A lot of danger!

‘If you want a Strike so much, then you can have it.’

‘Let’s go!’

After two Balls, Minamidaira threw a Strike.

The white ball flies to the bottom of the home plate.

The motionless Tetsuya suddenly seemed to wake up.

BUZZ!!

The bat was swung like lightning, and the momentum was crushing.

PING!!!

The small white ball was hit and flew to the field.

The ball is so fast, and it looks like the time around has stopped!

And moved again when the ball hit the ground.

PAK!!

The baseball landed next to the first baseman’s feet and bounced off the ground.

The first baseman who was guarding there only had time to turn his head, and he watched the baseball fly out of his side.

Behind the first baseman is a huge gap.

Tetsuya took this opportunity to go to second base.

Until now, time seems to slowly recover.

“Damn, what was that?”

“So fast!”

“It’s faster than 200 km/h.”

“I really didn’t expect that among high school students today, there is such a swing.”

Relying on a strong grounder to cross the outfield defense, the strong hit destroyed Maimon High School's defense.

With practical actions, Yuuki Tetsuya destroyed the last hope in the hearts of Maimon High School players.

Seidou’s rest area.

Kataoka folded his arms across his chest and said coldly.

“I don’t need a flashy long hit. I want you to break through the opponent’s defense with strong grounder hits. Do you understand?”

“Yes, sir!”

Kataoka quickly grasped the weakness of Maimon High School.

Their pitchers do have a bit of quality, but their fielding is noticeably lacking.

Not bad, but not strong enough.

“Yes!”

Seidou’s players also understood what they were going to do next.

No Out, runner at second base!

“Fifth batter, third baseman, Masuko-kun.”

T/N: The Second Chapter!

3