V3_Chapter 9: First win of the summer
43 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

V3_Chapter 9: First win of the summer

For the seniors at Maimon High School, the memories of their final year of baseball are filled with fear and despair!

It is said that any team that seriously aims at Koshien should not be underestimated.

Maimon High School has worked hard for this year’s summer competition.

In order to be able to enter Koshien, they trained hard under limited conditions. Under the guidance of Chiba Junichi, they practiced baseball as much as possible.

Many nights, they were in the hallway, practicing passing, catching, and swinging.

Finally, they have the confidence to face the three Giants of West Tokyo.

And the Result?

The players from Seidou High School didn’t even play seriously, so they sent two first-year pitchers.

It’s these two first-year pitchers who let them know what despair is.

The first pitcher is now the most famous high school baseball player, Sawamura Eijun.

He showed all-round skills and power!

The ball is fast, well-controlled, and sharp.

At the level of Maimon High School, it was extremely difficult to even touch his ball.

They can only get three Strikes in a row!

And Minamidaira, their trump card, Seidou also adapted to his pitching in an inning, yes, in an inning, not by the second half of the game. But by the second inning, Seidou’s batters had already begun to familiarize themselves with Minamidaira’s pitching.

There are not a lot of Submarine Pitchers in the whole country.

Have any players in Seidou ever seen such a pitcher?

Nevertheless, even if they hadn’t seen him before, they still hit him out.

One swing, one hit, like all of this was a joke.

Despair after despair hit the players of Maimon High School.

At a time like this, as if God took pity on them, the pitcher of Seidou High School was replaced.

The all-powerful Sawamura moved to outfield, with another first-year pitcher.

The huge lead made Seidou careless.

They regarded this game as a stage for the freshmen to familiarize themselves with the atmosphere of the Tournament.

For a moment, the players of Maimon High School really thought their chance had come.

However, in the end, there is only more despair!

The terrifying pitch seems to shatter the air, you can even clearly hear the roar of the baseball when it enters the top of the plate.

Horror~

So scary~

In the terrifying pitch of Furuya Satoru, Maimon’s batter sank.

In the first half of the third inning, Seidou High School scored a full five points, extending the lead to thirteen points.

In the second half of the third inning, Kominato Ryosuke was replaced, and his little brother Kominato Haruichi came onto the field.

Seidou completely regarded this game as a stage to hone newcomers.

Kominato Haruichi’s fielding skills didn’t show up.

What can he do? Furuya’s pitch has not been hit.

However, in the next at-bat, Haruichi’s performance was too dazzling.

He swings on the first pitch and then hits.

This performance is even better than most of the main players in the first string.

It’s so dazzling that you can’t take your eyes off it.

Next, he went on to get two more at bat.

Three hits, 100 percent hit rate, four RBIs.

He came from behind and became the top three players in Seidou’s score.

First, Sawamura had a 100 percent hit rate in this game, either a hit or a walk, and a five-run RBI.

Second, Chris, with five at-bats, four hits, and five RBIs. On one of those at-bats was a second base slow fly high that was picked up.

Third, Haruichi, has three at-bats, three hits, and four RBIs.

What about Tetsuya? You ask?

After the first round, Yuuki was walked every time so no RBI.

Just one hit and that’s it!

Among all the players in Seidou, the batting performance is the last.

Furuya, four at bat, two blocked, one outfield hit, one two-run homer, three-run RBI!

The score is the case.

First inning: 0 points!

Second inning: 7 points!

Third inning: 5 points!

Fourth inning: 6 points!

Fifth inning:  5 points!

Total score 0:23!

What is interesting is that in twenty-three points, the three little guys in the first grade scored twelve.

Sawamura himself scored five points, Kominato Haruichi four points, and Furuya three points.

A little more than half of the total score.

All three have potential as clean up.

Seidou’s rest area.

Coach Ochiai shook his head with emotion.

“I don’t know if Seidou’s first year was so good, or this year’s first year is particularly eye-catching.”

After hearing Ochiai’s words, Kataoka didn’t know what to say.

Don’t talk nonsense, okay, where can Seidou get such three first graders regularly? If Seidou got such a gooood harvest every year, it is impossible for Seidou to fail to enter Koshien for five consecutive years.

Not to mention three, one such player is enough to make Kataoka wake up laughing from his dreams. (Pfft!)

Because of the joining of Sawamura and Chris, Seidou’s attack power is more brutal than that of Sawamura’s previous life.

In Seidou’s rest area.

Miyuki Kazuya also said sourly: “This is plain bullying!”

He felt a little sympathetic to the Maimon High School players.

In the second half of the fifth inning, Maimon High School attacked.

“STRIKE!”

“STRIKE!”

“STRIKE BATTER OUT!!!”

“GAME SET!!!”

Under the lead of Chris, Furuya scored the last Outs, and he had 11 Strikeouts in the game. (One got lucky and got a safe hit.)

The game is over with the Mercy Rule after Five innings.

Seidou High School defeated Maimon High School, their opponent in the first battle, with a huge score of 0:23

At the same time.

Takashima Rei brought a few people here to scout the match at Sankou High School.

The Sankou high school investigates the competition of Seidou, and Seidou will naturally not let the Sankou high school go.

In this game, the Ace of the Sankou High School is playing, and the opponent is completely suppressed.

No hits, no runs. A perfect game.

Well, with the rich and powerful background of the Sankou High School, their opponents in the first battle have no ability to fight back.

In addition to the outstanding performance of Ace Manaka, the most interesting thing is the line-up of Sankou High School.

In the third inning, the Sankou High School scored eleven points.

The powerful attack power makes people tremble.

Seidou entered the Finals of the Spring Tournament and won the championship in the subsequent Kanto Tournament. In the summer game, and became the top-seeded team!

Sankou lost to Seidou in the Spring finals.

Although they are also seeded, their seeded ranking is lower than Seidou.

Correspondingly, their opponents are also more difficult than Seidou’s opponents!

So not because Seidou scored 13 points in the first three innings, and Sankou High School only scored 11 points, means that Sankou High’s attack power is not as good as Seidou’s.

Takashima Rei crossed her arms and listened to the nonsense of the surrounding audience.

“Sankou is really strong!”

“That Slider is really good!”

“The match between Seidou and the Sankou is in the quarterfinals.”

“Who knows which team will win when the time comes?”

“Last fall, Seidou lost to Sankou. This spring, Seidou won so it is fifty-fifty. Seidou has the upper hand. After all, Seidou has a real Ace this year, and their defense has been greatly enhanced. In contrast, there are no particularly eye-catching newcomers in Sankou.”

“That newcomer is not talking about the Demon-King Sawamura, is he really going to Seidou?”

“Of course it’s true, haven’t you watched the Kanto Tournament?”

“No, it was just before school started…”

Listening to such a conversation, Takashima felt much more refreshed.

Yes, the Sankou High School is indeed very strong, but in the competition between the two sides, the final winner must be Seidou.

The current Seidou is not the same as the Seidou who played against the Sankou High School at the beginning!

‘We have a real Ace!’

Moreover, what makes Takashima very happy is that she dug up that Ace with her own hands.

Only a scout can feel this feeling.

3