V3_Chapter 13: Way More Fun
42 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

V3_Chapter 13: Way More Fun

The third game of the West Tokyo qualifier.

Seidou High School played against public Murata East High School.

In the first inning, Seidou High School’s starting pitcher was Furuya.

In the first game before, the boy’s performance was too powerful, so powerful that if Coach Kataoka did not give him more opportunities to play he would feel ashamed of himself.

As soon as the game started, Furuya was full of fire.

Recently, under the guidance of Chris, he has been practicing throwing against the net, and the young man has been suffocated.

With his ball speed and power, even after he returned the net back in place, he will hit it again and it will fall immediately. He had to go over and get the net up again to continue practicing.

In addition, he has to pick up the ball and clean it…

Anyway, it’s a hassle.

However, the effect is very good. It is known that human beings are lazy by nature, and laziness is the first driving force for human progress!

Most of the current technological progress is the result of human laziness.

In the process of Furuya’s practice, he made rapid progress.

You have to say, Chris is a really insightful and good mentor. He not only let Furuya practice ball control but also honed Furuya’s temper in the process of practicing ball control.

To not go back and forth to set the net back up, And to finish the task as soon as possible, Furuya is very focused on every ball.

Originally, to get 50 Strikes, he had to throw 200 balls to do it.

However, in just two days, Furuya has progressed to the point where he can throw 50 Strikes with a bit over a hundred balls.

The accuracy has increased to almost 50%!

Now standing on the mound and throwing the ball, and no longer having to worry about the net falling, Furuya was feeling as if he had been liberated.

He was like a beast being unleashed, and he pitched the ball fiercely.

As a team that can enter the third round of the West Tokyo Competition, Murata East’s overall strength is stronger than Maimon's.

However, it’s just that!

They were helpless in the face of Furuya’s fierce pitching.

The Coach of Murata East High School also knew that there were a lot of Balls in Furuya’s pitching. He even gave the order to avoid swinging at the Balls that Furuya threw.

However, this kind of thing is easy to say, how can they do it?

Furuya’s ball is like a little monster that roars loudly in people’s faces, constantly affecting the batter’s nerves.

It’s not that Murata’s players are not mentally prepared, but their little preparation is far from enough.

They desperately swing and struggle in vain.

The players of Murata can only swing the bat again and again in vain.

And this can only give Furuya more Strikes.

“STRIKE!”

“STRIKE!!”

“STRIKE BATTER OUT!!!!”

In a series of Strikes, Furuya won three innings.

In the first three innings, Murata did not score.

It was also in these three innings that Furuya seemed to have vented all his frustration.

He started to slow down.

However, can his stamina take going full-power pitching for three innings?

This made the players of Seidou High School very dissatisfied.

“Didn’t I tell you before that you need to keep your stamina?”

“Don’t rush it like that in the first innings!”

“Keep your words, this guy doesn’t listen to advice at all.”

“But if he keeps pushing like this, there’s no way he can last a game, right?”

***

Criticism came one after another, and Furuya selectively closed both ears.

Although there was a slight panting, the sweat on his face was like rain and it was not stopping…

Nevertheless, Furuya arrogantly thought he was okay.

He is the man who wants to pull Sawamura down from the Ace position. How could he be exhausted because of such three innings?

“It’s alright, you played well!”

At a critical moment, a voice rescued him.

“You can’t bite more than what you can chew. Let’s take our time with our feet on the ground. This inning is the third inning, the next inning will be the fourth inning, and when the final inning is played, it will become…”

This steady and clear sound naturally belongs to Chris.

‘Chris-senpai!’

Furuya felt that Chris-senpai understood him better. Unlike the others, they completely did not understand his vigorous fighting spirit and determination.

“Shisho, do you think it’s not bad that Furuya can last three innings now?”

Sawamura wondered why Chris would say such words, and asked strangely.

“I hope Furuya can understand what he can and can’t do right now. Even If it is only three innings at this moment, Furuya’s strength is also a threat to the Sankou and Inashiro. If the game really comes to this, he will also be a good help for you and Tanpa. This is for himself and the only way for him to fight right now.”

In a comprehensive competition, let alone with Sawamura, Furuya has no advantage even against Tanpa and Kawakami.

In this case, if Furuya wants to compete, he can only show his best side.

Horrifying pitching, anyone who faces Furuya needs to get used to it before he can hit him.

In this way, in the short-term restraining power, Furuya is second only to Sawamura in Seidou.

If he can take advantage of this, Furuya Satoru can become an important fighting force in the current Seidou High School.

After hearing this, Sawamura nodded.

At a time like this, he also had to sigh.

Chris-Shisho is Chris-Shisho.

As a catcher, Chris may not be much better than Miyuki.

The two of them are close in the comprehensive evaluation of being a catcher.

However, Chris is much better than Miyuki when it comes to being a leader or mentor.

Miyuki likes baseball because of his love for baseball and his love for the catcher position.

Chris likes baseball, in addition to his own love for the catcher position and baseball, which is no less than Miyuki’s, he is also affected by his own upbringing…

Chris’ father was a former professional player.

In such a living atmosphere, baseball has become an important part of Chris’s life.

His understanding of baseball is definitely not below the current supervision of Seidou and Kataoka.

With his guidance, Furuya’s strength will definitely improve by much much more.

Sawamura shook his shoulders with a somewhat interested smile on his face.

‘Bring it on!!!’

In this life, he will become the Ace of Seidou High School.

He will use his own strength to lead Seidou High School to the top.

He has to rely on himself and his friends to work together to create their own Seidou Era.

In this process, he is not afraid of any challenges.

Including the battle for the Ace number after the rise of Furuya.

Or in his bones, Sawamura also has a little bit of warrior genes.

He loves a challenge!

If Furuya is really under the guidance of Chris, his strength will improve by a lot.

He will only get more fun.

And also,

‘And this can also help Furuya avoid his tragic fate.’

...

3