V3_Chapter 55: So Simple
49 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

V3_Chapter 55: So Simple

In the second half of the inning, Seidou High School attacked.

“First Batter, shortstop, Kuramochi-kun.”

Kuramochi, as the unstoppable first batter of Seidou High School, was the first to stand on the strike zone.

Ping!

He didn’t think too much and hit the ball to third base with a bunt, and then he rushed to first base like a cheetah to steal the base.

On the surface, Yakushi High School looks powerful and they are, However, if you analyze them carefully, there are also a lot of loopholes in Yakushi.

For example, now, the guy who guards third base at Yakushi High School is a complete newbie in defense.

Todoroki Raichi!

In middle school, he didn’t have any experience playing baseball on the field. Except for hitting, he only started to get in touch with other aspects after he got to high school.

So the defensive skills of Raichi can be imagined!

He hadn’t even been able to pick up the ball in time, and Kuramochi was on first base safely.

“Safe!”

No Out! Runner at first base!

“Damn, what was the third baseman doing just now?”

“Is he sleepwalking?”

“When he faced Sawamura just now I thought he was very powerful.”

“You can tell from the sound of the swing, it’s really powerful.”

“But his defense is completely useless!”

“Is that it?”

“Yeah it is a bit underwhelming, Yakushi had some dangerous skills, but they are not very powerful overall.”

No Outs, man at first base.

“Second Batter, second baseman, Kominato-kun.”

After seeing Kuramochi go to the base, a cheering voice could be heard from Seidou’s rest area.

Including the second string, third string, cheerleading team, and managers who came to cheer in the stands, everyone was very excited.

Whether Seidou’s attack in the first inning was smooth or not directly depends on Kuramochi’s failure to go to first base.

Once Seidou's first batter hits the base, the probability of Seidou scoring will increase exponentially.

“Seidou!”

“Seidou!!”

From all directions, cheers came one after another from the stands.

On the first base bag, Kuramochi was several meters away from the first base bag, and his intention to steal the base was obvious.

“Damn, don’t underestimate us!”

Mino, on the mound, threw a restrain at first base.

Kuramochi was as agile as a Cheetah, and when he saw Mino’s body move, he immediately threw himself back to the first base bag.

“Safe!”

Although it was far from the base, it was still within range of Kuramochi, and he didn’t intend to distract the pitcher.

In Seidou’s rest area.

Sawamura looked at Kuramochi and shook his head.

“Once that guy hits the base, the situation becomes hard.”

On the strike zone, Ryosuke also noticed the pitcher’s movements.

‘Ara? You seem to be very nervous~’

At a time like this, a decisive and straightforward offensive is the best weapon to defeat the opponent.

“Don’t worry about the runners, just focus on the batters.”

“Mino, deal with the batter.”

In Yakushi’s rest area, several substitutes from Yakushi High School cheered their pitchers.

While Raizou pouted.

“It’s going to be a lot of trouble with this guy getting on base.”

This guy, of course, is Kuramochi.

Sanada who was behind him also nodded.

On the pitcher’s mound, after Mino received the ball, he ignored Kuramochi. There was no way to keep Kuramochi Out of the game, so he could only deal with the batter first.

Here he just pitched the ball.

At first base, Kuramochi ran to second base without stopping.

The Yakushi’s catcher, Watanabe, had just caught the ball and was about to pass second base.

Just now, Kuramochi has reached second base.

“Safe!”

No Out, runner at second base.

“Hyaa-ha-haa!”

Kuramochi smiled lightly.

‘Simple, so simple~’

The Catcher of Yakushi High School was not very skilled. For Kuramochi, bullying him was similar to bullying a child.

In the stands.

“So fast!”

“It’s like a cheetah.”

“He started instantly so that the catcher didn’t have time to pass back.”

Fujio, the reporter from Baseball Kingdom Magazine, gave Kuramochi a deep look, and then whispered to Akiko: “In a while, take a picture of Kuramochi-kun running the bases.”

Owada Akiko stared at Fujio with wide eyes in confusion.

“Although it’s not very useful now, it may be big news in the future.”

Fujio didn’t say much and continued to focus on the field to see the changes in the game.

No Out, runner at second base.

This situation is too favorable for Seidou. But no one knows if they can make the score bigger in the first inning like the Sankou High School.

If Seidou widened the score in the first inning, then this match might turn into a one-sided crushing match.

The game continues.

When Mino threw the second ball, Ryosuke swung decisively.

Ping!

The white ball was hit and flew away.

Ryosuke ran to first base, and Kuramochi on second base ran to third base at the same time.

Hit and run!

Without any sloppiness, Ryosuke and Kuramochi directly cooperated in the attack.

It’s just that the ball didn’t land well, and the baseball landed on the second baseman’s side. After being caught by the second baseman of Yakushi High School, he was sent to first base.

“OUT!”

Kominato Ryosuke was banned and Kuramochi went to third base.

In Seidou’s rest area.

“Third Batter, Center, Isashiki-kun.”

“Please take of me!”

When he saluted, he was very polite.

When he turned around, his face changed.

“Come at me, Boy.”

The beard and the fierce expression startled Mino on the pitcher's mound.

‘Isn’t the Giants a gathering place for outstanding players? Why are there still bad boys?’

With his mentality affected, his pitching was inevitably affected, and he even threw a sweet ball over.

“Yashaaaa!”

Is there any reason for Isashiki to hold back in the face of gifts that come to his door? He immediately waved his bat.

Ping!

The white ball was hit, and then flew far away, hitting the wall between the center field and left field, and then stopped.

If it wasn’t for the retaining wall, Isashiki would have hit a home run.

“Humph!”

But this kind of performance doesn’t seem to satisfy Isashiki.

After the baseball hit the ground, Kuramochi easily returned to home plate and helped Seidou take the lead.

Total score 1:0!

Isashiki also took the opportunity to go to second base.

“Jun-san!”

“Isashiki!!!”

In the stands, the players from the Second String and the Third String stood up to cheer on Isashiki, who scored the Run.

One out, runner at second base.

After that, it was Seidou’s middle-line turn to play.

The fourth batter, Captain Yuuki Tetsuya went to the strike zone.

In the rest area of ​​Seidou, Kataoka gave a sign.

‘There’s no need to use long hits, use solid hits to tear apart the defense of Yakushi. Aim for third base and swing the bat!’

On the strike zone, Yuuki nodded.

In the field, Yakushi has two first-year students. Mishima at first base and Raichi at third base.

Mishima was cultivated by junior clubs and was excellent in all aspects. On the contrary, Raichi at third base was just mediocre in defense.

Since the two sides are competing, naturally there is no holding back. If you see a weakness, hit it hard.

“Fuu!”

He let out a long breath, and without hesitation hit the flying ball to third base.

Ping!

After the white ball was hit, it flew to the third base side at a faster speed than before.

It was about to pass through the fielding of Raichi and enter the gap in the outfield.

Another long hit is coming.

At this critical moment, a figure rapidly moved at the third base.

He jumped out like a swordfish and forcibly stopped the ball that Yuuki hit.

SNAP!

High jump catch!

The ball Tetsuya hit was flying high, at least one and a half meters above Raichi.

It was fast and very powerful, but it was blocked by Todoroki Raichi with one hand.

At this moment, the audience was silent.

After three or four seconds, the whole stadium seemed to come alive with the words of the referee.

“OUT!”

“Waaaaah!!!!”

“What was that?”

“One Out, and runner at second base. In the face of the fourth batter, no points were lost, and he was resolved.”

“This guy just acted like a novice before, why is he so amazing all of a sudden!”

3