Idea 3: The Wish.
528 18 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Be careful what you wish for."

This one sentence had evolved from a little meaningless warning to a very painful lesson for myself. Even now, trillions of eons later, I still have this lesson engraved into my soul. And what was my wish, one might ask?

 

"I wish I was a Primordial Angel."

 

I can even remember the day I said that in blissful ignorance. I was simply reading a new fanfiction, and I simply said it without any much thought or intentions. The next thing I knew, I heard an ethereal giggle that somehow sounded like stars flying free through space answering me, "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it~."

A simple blink later, and I found myself floating in a void with a new body and untold power coursing through my veins. Back then I was ecstatic, practically drunk on my new power and form. A being of pure light, with seemingly an infinite amount of pure white wings behind me shining with a gentle golden light. My form was female in shape, but I lacked a true body. And behind me floated a large halo of the same whiteness as my body. It had several rings, and runes etched in places. Almost like a magic circle loosely.

The runes on my halo had several meanings, evidently, and I was honestly a little surprised at the time I could read them. Most of them gave off the feelings of "Authority" while one felt like my name. My name was simple enough, "White." As that was all that I was, beyond the golden glow of my wings. The others, were my "Authorities." 

After all this time that I have simply existed, I have not gained any more either. I still only have, "Purity", "Temperance", "Charity", "Diligence", "Kindness", "Patience", and finally "Humility". It didn't take a genius to figure out I had authority over the seven virtues. Which, considering the wish I made checks out. However, even now, I am glad my Authorities do not affect my personality. Time has done that enough, after all.

Because, much to my horror back then, one of the keywords in my wish was "Primordial." I was among the first entities to come into existence, or rather I was THE first one. I had spent a few million years alone in a black void of nothingness before the second Primordial was "born." And it was my antithesis, no less. She was a real fire cracker, but she was fun to be around. I would even call us sisters! Though really now that I was thinking about it, that was a forgone conclusion. After all, we were all that was around for several more million years. Slowly, the other Primordials started to form, one by one.

I smiled fondly at the memory. But not everything was sunshine and rainbows, sadly. When the lower beings started to form, chaos started to spread. The chaos of life that is! And I found it truly beautiful, but also horribly painful. By that time I had existed for longer as a Primordial Angel than that as a feeble mortal human. So long, that I doubt my former self would even be able to comprehend the time span. And I had changed.

Over the long eons, I had come to see my fellow Primordials as family. And I was not the only one. We went through a lot of ups and downs together. And when life had finally formed, and chaos was spreading, tragedy struck. Some impudent pissant of a mortal god had gathered several multiverses of followers to "kill" my sister, my antithesis, my other half, The Primordial of Sin as she titled herself. In their folly, they blamed her for all the wrong doing of the mortals and their fellows. And in their "infinite wisdom" they concluded that if they killed her, all would be right in the multiverse.

We Primordials are powerful, stupidly so even. But we are not ALL powerful. It was the first time trillions upon trillions of multiverses had formed a coalition of sorts, and fought one of us. The battle took thousands of years, but eventually the mortal gods had won. They had "killed" a Primordial. 

A tear drips from my eye at the memory of her dying in my arms. Even now though, a small smile forms at the answer she gave me when I had asked her why she would not let us help her.

 

"My Pride, would not let me accept."

 

And then she faded away from my embrace, her essence vanishing from my senses. Though I knew she wasn't truly dead, and would eventually come back, that didn't make it hurt any less. It was that day that I found out I could not "Fall" like a traditional Angel I had read about when I was human. It was also the day the omniverse found out they had no chance against several enraged Primordials.

In our rage at the loss of our sister, we obliterated every single multiverse that was in any way associated with her death. Trillions upon trillions of multiverses. Functionally an infinite number of lives. All erased. None were spared our wrath, nor could any resist it. It took us less than a year to teach "the powers that be" of every multiverse that this was the only time that a Primordial would ever be "killed."

And the reason why I was remembering all of this? Simple. I had finally, after eons upon eons without her at my side, sensed her. She was back. And this time, I will protect her. Even from herself if I have too.

38