Idea 2-2: I guess we’re all aliens…
756 39 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The older human just shook his head and said, "Right. Well, this isn't really the place to... uh. Talk. We need to move, we're still in Ba'al's territory after all. Thor, care to do the honors?"

Tilting my head in confusion and frustration as I couldn't understand a lick of what he was saying, I suddenly blinked when everyone including myself were covered in a bright light. While everyone else disappeared nearly instantly, for some reason I took several seconds longer. In what felt like seconds later, I found myself on what looked like some kind of space ship. A very sleek one even, these little gray dudes knew style it seems!

I was on what I assumed was the bridge of the ship if the awesome view of the planet below us was any hint, along with the others I was talking with. The little gray dude hovered over in his future chair (heh) and said, "Fascinating. She looks human, but isn't. Her biological density is immense, and is growing at an astronomical rate."

Everyone looked rather confused, including me naturally, at what he had said except the woman with blonde hair. She chuckled a bit before saying, "What he means, sir, is that she is very heavy and getting heavier."

The oldest human scoffed, though I could tell it was in pure gest, as he said, "I knew that. I was just worried Teal'c might have been confused."

The man with the freaky thing in his "stomach" did a little bow of his head and said, "Thank you, O'Neill. But I understood what was being said."

The gentleman then turned to the younger one with glasses and asked, "Daniel?"

The young man cleared his throat before saying, "No, no I also under stood Thor, Jack."

The older gentleman held his hand against his heart and said, "Betrayal on all accounts!"

I ended up sighing with to much force, and caused a rather large gust of air to blow past them all. When they looked at me, I simple shrugged and said, "I have no idea what the fuck you are all talking about, and I am getting annoyed."

The woman was about to answer when the metal floor under me started to groan gently, but slowly increasing in volume. We all stared dumbfoundedly at the spot before seconds later small portions of it gave way, and I sunk a tiny bit into the flooring. Startled at the situation, I suddenly jumped back in surprise which caused me to rocket backwards right through several walls of the ship!

The sixth wall ended up being enough to stop me, even if I was totally embedded into the damn thing. Which didn't last long before it gave way to groaning and I sunk through it to the floor. Which instantly started to groan and warp under my increased weight. Now in a slight panic I thought, 'Ohhh, fuck. Just how much do I weigh now to warp metal! Spaceship quality metal even! Fuck, I need to learn how to fly right NOW!'

I closed my eyes to try and focus, but no sooner than I had wished to fly did the moaning of the metal stop. I just stared at nothing with semi dead eyes as I thought, 'Really? That easy? So the reason I blew up a fucken city really was because I just didn't have the power needed at the time?'

And yet the surprises just kept coming, as a few seconds later I suddenly felt some kind of field coat my body. Raising my hands to look at it, I marveled as it looked like... well, energy but not the normal kind. It then clicked that this was the barrier the "?" talked about.

I just mentally shrugged my shoulders and righted myself, but kept myself several centimeters above the floor. When I made it back to the group, I sighed (carefully this time, honest!!) and said, "Sorry..." Even knowing full well they couldn't understand me.

I tilted my head when I noticed they didn't say anything in return. However, as I looked closely I noticed that none of them were moving... No, that wasn't right. They are moving, but just extraordinarily slowly.

An internal sigh later and I knew what was happening. I was moving to fast for them to perceive. I suddenly had a deep understanding of all the shit Superman was, or rather is, forced to deal with...

I remember Lex Luthor always saying that Superman was a god playing at being a human, and he couldn't understand our struggles. My powers were just starting to awaken, and I honestly don't think Lex truly understood the depths of that statement...

Releasing a sigh, carefully this time!, I mumbled, "Okay. Now... how do I slow... down? Hmmm.."

And, not at all to my shock, I managed to do it nearly instantly. But it felt off, as if I was in a stuffy room or something similar. Yet another thing to add to the list of why Superman tried so hard to fit in with the humans, if it always felt so... limiting.

While I was contemplating my existence, the others were startled by my "sudden" appearance with the oldest one almost yelping, "Whoa! Watch out. Is she able to teleport?"

The little gray man shook his head and said, "No, O'Neill. She simply moved several thousand times the speed of sound."

The woman blinked a few times before saying, "Thor, there is nothing 'simple' about that! How are we still alive?"

I was finally starting to catch on to their language, much to my surprise. The one who I assumed was named O'Neill said, "Carter?"

With a frown she answered, "Sir, moving that fast should have released an immense amount of energy and heat, which would have cooked us all alive in seconds."

I was blown away, I have no idea how but I am actively learning their language. This should be impossible! I have no references or any context, but I am still legit learning with every word spoken.

O'Neill whistled and then said, "And here I am with out any hotdogs."

Everyone gave him a dead eye stare, which caused him to to smirk and shrug a little. A subtle cough from the man with glasses drew our attention to him, after which he said, "Moving on. Anyone else notice the lady here is, uh... floating?"

Everyone snapped their attention to my feet while my eyes widened slightly, 'I understood that entire sentence. What the hell.'

The large man with a golden emblem on his forehead tilted it a bit before nodding and saying, "It appears you are correct, Dr. Jackson. She is indeed floating."

I decided to take a chance and said, "Umm. Can you all understand me now?"

They all snapped back to my face all wide eyed with surprise. Even the little gray dude looked shocked, and I wasn't exactly sure how I was able to tell. So much was happening so fast, and I felt like I could hardly keep up.

O'Neill smiled wide at me and said, "We sure can, Lady! Pleased to meet you. My name is Jack O'Neill. Two L's. And who might you be?"

Nodded my head I answered, "Nice to meet you, Jack. My name is Edia Rao. I, ah, I am sorry for destroying one of your city's?"

He waved my apology off with a smile and said, "Nah, it's fine. It wasn't ours. It belonged to Ba'al, an enemy of ours. Don't sweat it. We were looking to destroy a factory you obliterated anyway. A bit more destruction then planned, but eh. Mission failed successfully?"

I could only slowly nod my head and gave the most intelligent of replies, "Ah."

The girl cleared her throat, gave me a smile and said, "And I am Samantha Carter. If you don't mind me asking, what race are you? You look like us, Humans, but you very clearly are not."

Again, I nodded my head and said, "Nice to meet you, Samantha. And it's no trouble, I am a Kryptonian." And in less time it takes a heart to beat I decided to use the same background as Superman, which was fairly famous, "Most likely among the last of my kind. Or THE last of my kind..."

A few of them flinched a little while Sam said, "Oh. I am terribly sorry for your loss."

I shook my head and said, "No, it's okay. My family knew years before it happened. Our planet was becoming unstable due to energy harvesting of its core. But no-one believed my Mother's warnings. The counsel refused to acknowledge they made a mistake and doomed our planet to destruction. When my father tried to warn people, they gave him a fake trial and then sentenced him to death."

I sighed and continued, "Mother changed with his death. She withdrew us from society, and spent the entire time building a ship for the both of us to leave the planet. But our race had outlawed space travel, so Mother decided to time our escape when the planet was going to explode. And so the day came, and with the planet cracking and exploding all around us we took off. Yet something damaged our ship heavily when we opened a slip stream portal. The next thing I knew, I was falling towards a city on that planet."

The man with glasses raised his hand and when I motioned for him to talk he said, "Hi, Daniel Jackson. Not to make light of what you went through, but how exactly did you survive the fall? And... everything else just now?"

With a shrug of my shoulders and a shake of my head I answered, "I have no idea. This is all new to me. Mother always said that our race was special, and I was the jewel among them. I thought it was just classic mother things, until I slammed into that planet and didn't even feel it."

We were interrupted by a beep from one of the computer consoles. Thor turned around and asked something in a new langue, one I couldn't understand. After a response was given, he turned around and said, "O'Neill. There are ten Goa'uld mother ships inbound. We need to leave."

The man nodded his head and said, "Yea, no worries Thor. The objective was achieved, so let's split."

Thor tilted his head and said, "I did not think you brought your own ship, O'Neill. But I advise against splitting up for now."

Sam and Daniel snickered a little as Jack said, "Figure of speech, buddy. It means let's go."

With out answering, Thor simply turned around and moved some sort of crystal around on a console and then the ship entered in some kind of blue tunnel.

Jack turned to me and said, "Not to forget him, this tall, dark, silent, handsome and silent man here is Teal'c." The man raised an eyebrow at jack before giving me a tiny little bow as Jack continued, "So, Edia, what's your plan?"

I just shrugged my shoulders and said, "Mind if I join you guys for now? I have no idea of anything beyond my home planet, so everything is all new. Ignoring all these new... abilities I have."

He gave me an award winning smile and said, "Welcome abord! We have cookies."

29