Chapter 3: Asking for Information
20 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wang Xue lay inside his coffin quietly waiting for his chance.

Tak! Tak!

The shovel of the Yi brothers finally struck its goal. His coffin was then smashed from the outside resulting in a hole that let the light inside.

"Agh, this smell reeks. I have appropriated many graves, but this by far have the worse stench that I had ever come upon." Yi Man grumbled when a foul stench suddenly came out of the hole he had busted open.

All the while, the stench struck them almost numb and disgusted; Wang Xue burst out of his coffin and threw a fierce punch towards the two brother's stomachs, sending them flying upwards and falling down ten meters away from Wang Jia's grave that they had just dug up.

The two brothers were both tough; with all the years of fighting, they were formidable and had made a name for themselves. Although this was true and their levels were relatively high, they were still only at the Seventh Level of the Spirit Realm. The two were simply not a match for the being they wished to rob.

Wang Xue rose from the dead, his body surrounded with an awful stench from the impurities even his clothes that seemed initially been white were now black. Wang Xue wanted to take in deep breaths and feel the fresh air of the outside world, but the smell of his own impurities impeded him.

Near where his grave was, the Yi brothers grumbled and moaned in pain on the floor. The two were holding their stomachs, trying to regulate their breathing, as they painfully stared at Wang Xue climbing out of his own grave—fear filled them.

Wang Xue's long black hair draped over his shoulders, his height was average, and his face was neither handsome nor ugly. Wang Xue looks like an average person no matter how someone looks at him. Yet his presence was anything but.

He raised his head and saw the moon and the starless night.

"W—who are you?"

Yi Man's voice was trembling from the pain. It was not only from pain but also from the fear that he had when he saw Wang Xue rising up from the grave. From his perspective, "Wang Jia" just rose from the dead, but he didn't want to believe such a thing.

Neither a Ruler nor a Deva could do such a feat.

Wang Xue started walking towards the two, holding with a grim smile as he spoke.

"Who am I? The two of you wanted to rob my grave, and you don't even know who I am?"

Yi Man and Yi Bai's faces paled.

'Did he just say his grave? This is not possible. Wang Jia died 3 months ago, and from what the people who knew him said that he didn't even cultivate, so how can this man be him?'

Their perplexed emotions were significantly projected on their faces. Wang Xue was amused, but he didn't wish to dally.

"I have questions for you guys. I don't want to waste any time because I want to take a quick bath right now, so you two better answer me." Wang Xue was tyrannical when he spoke to them. The attitude of someone who once stood at the top was still with him in this life.

His strength was a far cry from its peak. It was not even a speck of what it used to be, yet to him, it didn't matter. Wang Xue hardly cared; he was who he had been. He lives by his own rules and only answers his desires.

He may be weaker but, he's still Wang Xue.

"How long had I been buried? How did I die? Where is this place? Is this graveyard still a part of the Willow State? Answer."

Wang Xue asked Yi Man.

"3 months, you were killed 3 months ago. I don't know how you died, but this place is not located in the Willow State, but the Flowing Cloud State that neighbors the Willow State."

Wang Xue raised a brow, "The Flowing Cloud State? Explain."

"I... I don't know why, no one knows, but Li Xiu, your lover, chose to bury you here instead of burying you at Willow State... which... is now no more."

Yi Man told Wang Xue everything that he knew without any hesitation.

"The Willow State was destroyed? What happened? I am sure that there are many groups of cultivators in the Willow State, not counting the many City in it."

Wang Xue grows ever intrigued by the situation.

"There were a group of bandits and rogue cultivators, that toy harassed the Willow state, and just after half a month, the City was destroyed, and the nearby towns were all decimated by the bandits, but thankfully the Azure Dragon Academy came to assist before the bandits can cross the borders and wreak more havoc."

'Bandits and Rogue Cultivators strong enough to destroy a State... so it was like that. Hehe, that old lady works fast; not only does she kill me to take that little girl's lover away, but she even decimated the whole Willow State in order to completely cut her every connection to the outside world! She's trying to properly groom a bearer of the Phoenixes.'

Wang Xue smiled grimly... fiercely; he was excited to see who that old woman indeed was.

'A person that didn't care about any kind of consequences just to get to her goal deserves his praise, admiration, and hate all at the same time. A true Cultivator! A genuine schemer! Hahaha!' Wang Xue laughed.

Then, he stopped.

'I want to kill her... but that would just be a waste of my time. I don't hold any kind of connection with any of the people in the Willow State, and I certainly don't have any emotions for that little girl.'

Wang Xue didn't care much for anything in this world. The only thing he cares for was his and Fenrir's well-being and advancement.

"Okay, one last thing. Take your clothes off!"

Yi Man and Yi Bai's faces paled.

"W—we already told you what you wanted to know, so at least let us keep our dignity and... virginity," Yi Bai pleaded for his life and behind.

Wang Xue stepped forward and slapped Yi Bai across the face.

Yi Bai's skull shattered, resulting in blood and pieces of his brain scattering all over the place.

"Keep your clothes then."

Like it was nothing Wang Xue just stared at the bleeding headless body of Yi Bai that lay on the ground. With the name of Bloodbath Monarch, he certainly does not have any problems with blood and gore.

Yi Man felt the aura of death surrounding him and grasping his throat. He was not a brave person, but he was also not dumb. The reason why he responded to Wang Xue's every question was to make sure that he gets to see the next day and his brother just took that away from him by getting this lunatic mad.

"How about you? Will you give me the thing that I ask? To avoid any misunderstanding, I have no intention of assaulting you; oh yeah, give me all the money the both of you have. I don't want to touch his body, so you scavenge everything for me. You're a grave robber, so you're much experience than me."

Wang Xue took the money and clothes from Yi Man. He checked the bag of money given to him and found 50 silver coins in each bag with a map tied on the side.

'Tsk, they really do use materials like silver and gold for transactions.'

After Wang Xue kept the bags of money and clothes by tying them in a rope that he found.

"I have given you everything that you wanted. Please let me go. I won't tell anyone anything what I saw here, so I beg of Sir to spare this insignificant one's life... I have learned my wrongs."

Yi Man begged Wang Xue, kowtowing as he did.

"What is the name of this place?"

Wang Xue ignored his pleas.

"The Hill of the Fallen." Yi Man immediately answered, then added, "Please spare my life, I can be of use to you like this, and until you don't need my assistance, I will follow you till the end."

Wang Xue furrowed his brows when he heard the continuous pleading of Yi Man.

"Ah, that's good then."

"Re-really—"

Yi Man's face brightened hearing his words—

BAM!

But—

"Wh-why?" blood asked as his chest was pierced by a hand.

"Follow me till the end, you claimed—" Wang Xue smiled as he retracted his arm, "—this is the end."

Yi Man's lifeless, naked body fell limp on the ground, his heart crushed.

Wang Xue threw the bodies of both Yi Man and Yi Bai to 'his' grave; he buried the 2 and made sure that no trace of it being touched before leaving the place.

Wang Xue descended from the Hill of the Fallen; it was night, and the only thing lighting his path was the beauty of the moon.

Casually, he walked down the empty Hill.

Wang Xue reached the bottom, and Wang Xue brought out the map and checked his location once more. He was currently at the Hill of the Fallen, and the nearest habited area was the Cloud city which was the place he would be heading now.

"It's about 15 kilometers here to the Cloud city; if I am to hurry, I will be able to reach it before sunrise... I need a bath."

Wang Xue was pumped to go to the city, as he was currently itching for a bath to take the stench off his body. He kept the map in the bag and didn't waste any more time before going on his way to the Cloud City.

He moved with fast speed, there was a road that leads the way, so it was easy for him to know the direction. On his way to the city, Wang Xue crossed an intersecting pathway from other places, leading to Cloud City.

And when he entered that intersecting road, Wang Xue saw many people going the same way he was. But what caught his attention was that the group of people he saw was primarily young people.

He wanted to know what that was about, so he tried approaching one of them to ask if there was some occasion that was going on in the Cloud city that he should be aware of. But because of the smell that came from the impurities, everyone intentionally dodged him.

Wang Xue wanted to just kill everyone from the embarrassment that he just went through.

'Just from this slight smell you back away from me? These young people will have no future if they can't even tolerate a smell like this.'

The only thing that he could do was grumble because he notices that everyone that was going to the city was all over the Seventh Level of the Spirit realm, and some even at the Ninth Level and seeing that Wang Xue just chose to move faster so he can find a place to stay in faster because from the looks of it the Cloud city will be packed today.

Before sunrise, he reached Cloud city and even left the other young people behind. He entered the Cloud city rather quickly after paying a silver coin; the guards were even trying to shoo him away from them.

Wang Xue knew that it must've been from his smell, which made him feel conflicted about whether he should be happy or be offended. Either way, he was now in the city, so he went to find a place to stay in.

He went to many places, but all of them were either fully booked or disgusted. The sun was about to go up, and he still couldn't find an Inn. Entering the ninth place he had visited today, Wang Xue was immediately stopped at the door.

"We can't accommodate you here. Go find another place."

The voice of an old man spoke up.

"Are the rooms occupied?"

Wang Xue had enough of being chased out, so he was determined to book a room here.

"No, but the last room is already booked by someone else, so we can't let you in at the moment." The old by the reception desk said to him while covering his nose.

Wang Xue stepped forward to the reception desk and threw a bag of silver coins there, and said.

"I don't care who that person is; here are 50 silver coins; what room is it, old man?"

The old man by the reception desk was startled by the amount of money that had just been thrown at him, and after a short while, he said, "It's the room by the end of the hall; you can take a bath in there in your own room so take your time dear customer. I will also take the liberty of setting out a set of clothes for you to use in your room."

After taking that money, the old man's attitude towards Wang Xue took a 180-degree turn.

Wang Xue left the reception in a hurry and went to the end of the hall. Upon entering the room, Wang quickly took a bath, which took until the sun had already risen up the sky.

Feeling cool and refreshed, Wang Xue went to the bedroom and saw the white garments and changed to them immediately.

After changing, he went to his bed to start cultivating; he could not rush the Jade Palace Realm because of the unknown intervention of that Azure Dragon and Golden Pagoda.

Now that he has time, he wishes to unravel the mystery.

But when he was about to enter meditation, he heard a commotion coming from outside the room. He tried ignoring it, but he felt something was wrong; the argument was actually coming closer to his room, and before he could react, his door bust open.

"How dare you take my, Wu Hui's, room? I, your mother, will skin you bastard."

An immensely angered and feminine voice reverberated in that room, almost making Wang Xue's eardrums burst, 'An annoyance appeared… should I just kill her?' Wang Xue honestly considered.

2