Chapter 6: Stroke of Goodluck
20 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wang Xue was able to get a good deal just now when he bought the sword and throwing knives made out of ice steel.

'The trade fair actually has good treasures hidden away.' He thought.

He decided that he would look around more of the stalls to try his luck. Wang Xue walked deeper into the trade fair; not long after, he entered the square where the transactions were even more intense.

Peddlers were shouting and screaming to attract the attention of the possible customers while some were showing the items that they had with them. Warriors and merchants alike were taking out their things to be sold from their universal storage bracelet.

The square was a big place that can be occupied by hundreds of people at once without feeling a cramp.

"This is a Red Spirit Herbs, a Mid Human rank herb that was able to gather in the Desert State by some stroke of luck. The Desert State, as you may know, holds many danger spots, so you better take this now, or you will regret it for your life, only 1,000 silvers or 10 Human Spirit Pill."

On the other side.

"My friend, this is the Lightning Generating Pearl useful for people cultivating lightning type skills will find this great treasure useful. This Lighting Generating Pearl is from the Thunder Cloud Mountains, taken directly from the Thunder Hawks' lightning valley. This is a High Human rank treasure, and it can be yours for only 10,000 silvers or 100 Human Spirit Pills."

"Get out of your high horse, old man, 100 Spirit Pills is too much… I'll buy it for 50 Spirit Pills so just give it to me."

"Young man, this is a High Human rank treasure, and I risked my life to take this away from those damn hawks. Are you telling me that my life is only worth 50 Spirit Pills?"

"No-I..."

"If you're not going to buy, fuck off! I am not selling vegetables, so get out of here if you don't have the money! Stop blocking the way; there are others who want it!"

"Hmph fine, you old man is too much for me! Don't be impatient… here's 100 Spirit Pills; give it to me already."

The old man smiled all the way to his ears when he got the 100 spirit pills. He was a cultivator at the fourth level of Jade Palace Realm; he was pretty strong but had gotten old, so the only thing he could do for a living was things like this.

Contending for more would be suicidal.

People conducting business in the square are not only limited to silver and gold but also spirit pills. Spirit pills used in cultivation could be used for trade.

In the Martial World, resources were currency. If it could be used to increase strength, then it could be used to trade. Depending on the continent, Spirit Pills or Spirit Ores are often used for trading.

Spirit Pills and Spirit Ores contain only Spiritual Energy that could hasten the absorption of spiritual energy, making them the foundation of the cultivation world.

A single spirit pill is equivalent to 100 hundred silvers; it was an expensive item in the eyes of Mortals.

'It seems like the plaza earlier was for normal items, and the square is where cultivators sell the materials they had acquired.' Wang Xue wandered around the place in hopes of finding something good and cheap; although the chances of him actually finding one again were low, it wouldn't hurt to try.

While walking around the square, he merges with the crowd as he tries to avoid acting auspicious; he doesn't want to attract any problems.

After walking for an hour, Wang Xue finally gave up trying to find anything else. 'This place does not have anything else to offer for me; I was lucky enough to get a weapon made from ice steel so that should be enough for today.'

"Sigh" with a sigh Wang Xue decided to go back to the inn to check his haul; the ice steel sword and throwing knives were valuable items that can be sold for hundreds of spirit pills if their quality was at its peak.

So he needs to go back to the inn to refine the sword and throwing knives so he can use them as weapons. Wang Xue entered an alleyway to take the shortcut that he had found earlier when he was wandering around; the crowd in the square was also starting to become thicker, so to avoid the crowd, Wang Xue chose to enter the alleyway.

Thinking about refining those weapons made Wang Xue's mouth curve, a sword, and throwing knives made from ice steel for only 60 silvers, how good was that?

Then, when he was about to turn in a corner, a person wearing a cloak suddenly appeared in front of him.

The two were startled to see each other, especially the person wearing that cloak; he was not expecting to bump into anyone here while the trade fair was going on.

"Get out of my way!"

Taking out a dagger from thin air, he threatened Wang Xue to move away, the alleyway was too cramped, and only one person could move freely. What's more, the cloaked person could not let anyone see him, so when he saw Wang Xue blocking his path, the man didn't hesitate and chose to cut him down.

Spiritual energy gushed out of the man's body; he brandished the dagger to Wang Xue. "Die!"

Seeing that dagger coming towards him, Wang Xue's brows formed a black line, "A fool courting his own death."

Wang Xue's anger was incensed; he was just passing through, but a man he had never seen before was actually trying to take his life?

'This is outrageous, trying to take my life without any reason whatsoever.'

The man wearing a cloak was a level 2 Jade Palace realm warrior, his dagger moved fast, and it can surely kill any ordinary First Level Jade Palace Realm cultivator. However, the person that he was trying to kill was no ordinary Jade Palace Cultivator.

Wang Xue moved like lightning; in a split second, he arrived in front of that man; he formed a fist with his right hand and threw a punch with all his might targeting that man's head.

His punch created booming sounds in the air due to friction, his movement was simply too fast, and when his opponent even noticed what had happened, it was already too late.

BOOM!

The man's blood and bits of his blood scattered all over the place, his head was blown to nothingness by Wang Xue, his Martial Spirit dagger started dissipating as well.

Looking at the scene in front of him, Wang Xue became thrilled. This was the first time that he was able to punch out with his full strength.

"That punch just now carried a force of 7,000 kg; the Golden Pagoda Skill was not lying."

Wang Xue's heart was trembling from excitement. When he was at his current cultivation in his past life, Wang Xue didn't possess this much power. 'If I could gain this much power from a single floor alone then how much will I gain after I finish building all 99 layers?'

Thinking about the future, Wang Xue began feeling the excitement. Wang Xue finally calmed down when he heard footsteps about to come this way; based on the number of footsteps he heard, there's more than one person.

Hearing the footsteps, Wang Xue began feeling hurried, not from the fact that he just killed someone but from the fact that he had not even started looting this guy. Wang Xue was out of time and took the Universal Storage Bracelet the man was wearing on his right wrist.

"Over here, it came from over here!" a shout echoed in the alleyway.

Wang Xue saw the dagger disappearing, so he was clear; he quickly wore the bracelet before leaving without hesitations.

It was already about to go dark when he returned to the inn; Wang Xue retraced his steps back to the trade fair and followed the usual path. He made sure that no one saw him in the scene and that he was not being eyed by anybody.

He was about to check the universal storage bracelet when the door opened suddenly; Wang Xue turned to look and saw only Wu Hui coming back from the trade fair outside.

Wu Hui was full of smiles; she found many items she wanted and even came across some exciting news. She saw Wang Xue was still sitting on the bed; however, unlike earlier, he was not cultivating and looked at her smiling like an idiot.

Letting out a dry cough, Wu Hui tried starting a conversation with him, "You didn't come out all day for the trade fair? Cultivating earnestly is good, but sometimes a break is needed, you know."

She wanted to make friends with him, or even if she can't become friends with Wang Xue, at least make the air inside the room lighter.

"Thank you for the concern, but I did go to the trade fair."

Answered Wang Xue.

"Is that so?"

Wu Hui felt the atmosphere getting awkward suddenly; she remembered a rumor going on outside.

"Hey did you know about the Jade Province competition tomorrow?" said Wu Hui.

Wang Xue nodded his head in response; he didn't care much about the atmosphere in the room, nor did he care about making friends with Wu Hui; he just wanted to inspect the storage bracelet and the loot that he got.

"It seems like someone stole the second prize for tomorrow's Jade Province competition, such a bad thing to happen. The second prize had good stuff in it too."

When Wu Hui mentioned something being stolen, Wang Xue had a hunch. Ignoring Wu Hui, who was still talking, he started checking the inside of the storage bracelet.

"The Spirit Pills and the Spirit Weapon can be replaced, but the Ginseng was really a shame." Wu Hui rambled.

Inside the storage bracelet, Wang Xue found many great things and items, 500 spirit pills, a sword-type Spirit Weapon, and a Hundred Years old Ginseng. All of the items that were listed by Wu Hui were all present in that storage bracelet.

Wang Xue had his mouth curled to a smile as he started checking his loot. Turns out that man was the thief, he had a good chance of getting away, and if he could only blend with the people in the trade fair, he wouldn't be found.

Wang Xue was celebrating in his mind; he killed a random bastard who wanted to kill him and got many incredible things. But from the prize present there, Wang Xue couldn't help but think about the prize for first place.

"Hey, little girl, Wu Hui, right? My name is Wang Xue, and I was interested in entering the Jade Province competition. Can you tell me what the prize will be?"

Wang Xue asks all of a sudden.

Wu Hui was startled by the question but quickly answered him. At least this way, the mood could become lighter....

"The third prize would be 250 spirit pills and a spirit weapon of some kind, the second prize that was stolen was 500 spirit pills, a spirit weapon, and a Hundred Years old ginseng, and the grand prize was 1000 spirit pills 2 spirit weapons and a Jade Lotus that only blooms every 300 years."

Wu Hui recited the prizes to Wang Xue, the awkwardness in the room was slightly lifted up. She would say some more things to Wang Xue but seeing that he was deep in thought, Wu Hui chose to go the bathroom and take a bath to get the sweat off her body.

Wu Hui, at first, was scared that Wang Xue was some kind of deviant or rouge that will sneak a peek at her while she was bathing, but seeing how aloof and didn't even give her a second look, Wu Hui was both relieved and disheartened.

The storage bracelet was now his after getting rid of the spiritual mark left behind by the thief. As he observed the 500 spirit pills and the sword-type spirit weapon, Wang Xue had an interesting thought....

"That Jade Lotus is a High Human rank treasure, should I participate or not?"

Wang Xue was lost in thought as to what to do.

2