Ch 1. weird stuff
6 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sitting at home and chilling on a Sunday, I was playing around with a cyoa, I got addicted to it because of all the funny stories I read on rr, ff, and scribble, though I always thought they were silly, most of them were good to pass the time, though the power fantasies were a bit out there. I decided I would do the Hearth and body one with 10 jumps to get all the add-ons and more to the hub, in my mind the extra points went to more bed and bathrooms for whoever I brought along on my adventure.

 

I decided to model my character off another I read about and made him look like Nyx Ulric, I even found come art of what he would look like at different stages of life and used them, I also gave him sharp ears and a yakuza style demon head on his back and the grim reaper on his chest because cool points my dude. Made him tall, in my head he would get to about 6’4” and that could be plenty tall yet not freakish. I gave him the self denial drawback so he would be more inclined to get a harem because why not the home was tricked out I gave him almost every bit of gear, talent and perk. But this also came with the caveat that I would have to go to 10 worlds at least, and only picked 8, but I would get to the others later.

 

I took a nap in my chair with my cat, listening to Zelda on the piano from my phone, just in a nice warm haze and the soothing tones and keystrokes lulled me on the way to a dream, or nightmare depending on how I remembered it later.

 

Xxxxx

 

So I’m an elf…. not like the Lort elves or the hp ones thank God, but dragon age… and I'm at Ostagar, the run-down place…. I’m pausing a lot because it is kind of wild, my memories of this new 8 years and my previous 28 are merged and it is helping the little me come to terms that not only is the small Dalish settlement that I belonged to dead along with the knights that attacked, but I am the only survivor… yeah the insertion method I picked didn’t really prepare me for this emotional roller coaster… Fuck Fuck Shit fuckfuckfuck!!!!

 

It only took about an hour to calm down and start lining up the dead one by one… I was being trained as the next keeper so I knew magic, and used death syphon to keep going and not fall to fatigue, I used entomb in a creative way to dig out an area large enough for the bodies, and with numb hands I searched each one for a keepsake to remember them by, a lock of hair from my mother and father, the staff of the Keeper and what magic items they had and potions, I feel like shit doing it, but I’m 8 and alone with low prospects for the future right now. I find the backpack of holding from the cyoa and just throw everything in it, putting all the money in the bag of holding at the same time.

 

Hours pas as I carefully lay each of my elven family in the earth that I will remember in my heart, with a creative use of magic I mark all the names down on a stone and just before I bury them, I remember the undead and take a bit of salt and put it on the corpses to keep away evil. And bury them singing an elvish song for their souls and body to be laid to rest. I turn to the rows of knights and templars and sneer. I strip them of all but their cloths and set up a pyre to burn them on and do so outside the gate. The light of the sun is beginning to dip, and I remember the house thing and try to make a portal, it works, and I quickly gather up everything from our camp and throw it in storage except the keeper’s tent.

 

I go inside and pack up all but a bed roll and open the portal and go to my pocket home, I wash up and go to sleep, the portal trapped and alarmed in case anything finds it. My strength fades and I pass out tired from a day of work and death.

 

Xxxxx

 

I wake up screaming for the fourth time and curl up on myself and leave the portal with the backpack and bag of holding, and lay on my old bed roll instead, this time sleep clamed me more peacefully than in the pocket, the sounds of nature my lullaby.

 

Xxxxx

 

As I wake and get up, I set about making the old fortress livable, at least for me, I don’t feel like dealing with people and will just make this place my home. I start with the temple like building and concentrate the keeper magic, asking and guiding trees to grow over it and make it covered in wood, the limbs making a roof shape over it again, loose vines covering the door ways and letting it breath underneath, I use magic and a shovel to clean the floor of the dirt and leaves that have gathered up, and put them outside my new ‘home’.

 

I wonder if the witch of the wilds will come visit later, or if she is busy with other things, It should be about 2 decades before the battle of Ostagar, so I shouldn’t need to be worried about the fighting and stuff for a while and I can just practice magic in peace.

 

Xxxxx

 

5 years later

 

Sitting down with some tea Phlemith and I look at each other.

 

“I want nothing to do with anything till the battle of Ostagar, I’m quite happy with my easy-going life for the next little while, I’ve even fixed a good bit of this fort, if only those damendable Templars would sod off I would be happy, oh how is the little raven?” I ask.

 

She lets out a slight chuckle. “Fine, fine, she is well Nyx, though she does miss you, how goes your studies of the Keepers’s notes?”

 

Yes, I took Nyx’s name, not too imaginative, but I can change it later if I wish, it's not something hard coded. “Well enough and thank you for teaching me shapeshifting in exchange for going over them, the more magic is spread, and rumors are abolished the better, now if I could just get the demons to leave me alone, I would be dandy, but noooo, I gotta beat them with a stick every-time I go into the fade, right pains in the bottom.”

 

Laughter fills my home, and we banter back and forth for a while till she leaves, and I go back to my studies. Between magic, crafting, and fighting ‘along with normal chores’ I keep busy. I’m about to start researching in the ways of the arcane warrior, testing theories. It will take time.

 

Xxxxx

 

10 years later

 

An 18-year-old Morrigan is listening as I teach her what I can about the arcane warrior so that she can use her magi9c to strengthen herself if she needs or wants to.

 

“-and thus, using magic through the body’s natural pathways will make you much stronger than normally possible without a lot of physical conditioning.” I say as I sit back down across from her.

 

Over the last decade I’ve taught her almost as much as the old dragon, including things from my old world in the form of stories. “Is it really only another 5 years till the start of the adventure you promised all that time ago?” she asks with a smirk.

 

“Yes, but I have put in motion plans to make it a lot easier than it would have been originally but will still be an exciting adventure for the both of us and the motley crew we scrounge up.” I smile at her and pat her head. Originally my plan was to get with her, but I just see her as a little sister now. I didn’t take into account I would basically raise her when I did the Cyoa, so I shrugged it off and would put my sights on some of the other heroines, because unless she comes on to me, I wouldn’t be able to bring myself to make the first move, and even then, it would be iffy. But anyways I just teach and talk and joke and prank. It’s a nice life I’m living, though sometimes I think of the little bit of family I had, it doesn’t hurt much because of how I got to this world and most of my grieving I did with the new family and life I lost that day.

0