Chapter 37: Demon Leader, Vexar
57 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Deep in the dense ancient forest, Dragonire stumbled upon a few 'Monster Chickens,' each the size of a human and surprisingly plump.

CLUCKOO!!!

CLUCKOO!!!

CLUCKOO!!!

Dragonire's mouth watered with hunger for chicken meat.

‘I've never encountered this type of chicken species before; I wonder how it tastes.’

TIME FREEZE!

Right after ‘Time Freeze’ was activated, Dragonire dashed and arrived in front of the chickens.

WHOOSH!

Seizing the chicken's neck, Dragonire applied pressure, extinguishing its life, and then he proceeded to drag the now lifeless fowl along with him.

In preparation to cook the chicken, he embarked on a search for firewood, gathering enough to kindle a campfire. It didn't take long for him to amass sufficient wood and promptly ignite the campfire.

Seated beside the crackling campfire, he observed as the chicken slowly cooked.

Once the cooking was complete, he wasted no time and began digging in right away.

NOM! NOM! NOM! MUCH! MUNCH! MUNCH!

“Yum! Delicious!”

After finishing his meal, he stood up and began his search for the Demon Leader, Aldric.

Meanwhile, not far away from where Dragonire was, a party of six players could be seen working together to fight against a Demon Leader and an army of 574 Demon soldiers.

[Name: Vexar]

[Title: Demon Leader]

[Class: Necromancer]

[Level: B-Class]

Vexar, Rank 4 among the 10 Demon Leaders.

"Leave the Demon Leader to me! You guys can focus on the demon soldiers instead!" declared Maloch, the party leader of the six players.

“Yes, leader!”

“No problem! Leave it to us!”

Maloch wasn’t your average player, he was within the top 100 Player Ranking, Rank 87 to be exact.

[Tutorial Player Ranking: Maloch, Rank 87]

‘Kekeke! I love being a Necromancer! I don’t have to do anything as my minions do everything for me. What a fun class!’ chuckled Vexar inwardly.

Seeing the player Maloch was approaching, Vexar quickly summoned two massive ‘Stone Golems’ to block Maloch’s attack.

VERTICAL SLASH!

GOLEM’S BLOCK!

Vexar didn’t stop there; next, he immediately summoned four highly skilled ‘Skeleton Warriors’ and commanded them to attack Maloch.

"You fucking coward! Is hiding behind your minions all you do?!" complained Maloch, the Warrior player.

"Coward? Are you dumb? I'm a Necromancer, not a Warrior. Why would I engage you in melee combat?" retorted Vexar.

“I don’t care! Stop hiding behind your minions and fight me like a man!”

“Holy shit! You’re so stupid! Whatever, just shut the fuck up and die!”

Not even seventeen minutes passed, Maloch collapsed onto the ground and coughed out blood.

“KEUK…!!!”

“Meh, what a joke. I thought you were strong, but it turned out you're even weaker than the previous player I killed.” Vexar said.

“Fuck you! You son of a bitch! I don’t care anymore! Just kill me already!” Maloch angrily said.

“Hmph! I was going to anyway! I didn’t need you to tell me what to do!”

With this, Vexar commanded his Stone Golems to finish and end Maloch’s life.

Just as one of the Stone Golem was about to crush Maloch to death, suddenly, a player arrived and stopped the Stone Golem’s attack with one hand.

"W-Who are you?! Where did you come from?!" Vexar gasped in surprise at the sudden appearance of an unknown player seemingly out of thin air.

Normally, Vexar had a keen sense of his surroundings, so he was genuinely surprised when a player suddenly appeared, catching him off guard.

PUNCH!!!

UPPERCUT!!!

In an instant, the two Stone Golems were blasted into smithereens and flew away.

‘What the fuck?! He just killed my two Stone Golems so easily! Holy shit! What rank is this player?! Is he within the top 5 Player Ranking or something?!’ Vexar thought.

By now, Maloch had already passed out from the blood loss, completely unaware that Dragonire had just saved his life. Meanwhile, Maloch's party members, located not far away, were still holding their own in the ongoing battle.

“Hey, you! Do you perhaps know any Warrior class Demon Leaders?” Dragonire asked Vexar.

"D-Demon Leaders that are Warrior class?!" Vexar said with a trembling voice.

It seemed Vexar was so terrified of Dragonire that he obediently complied with anything Dragonire asked.

“Yes, do you perhaps know anything?”

“Err… which one? There are like three Demon Leaders I know that are Warriors.”

“Just tell me all three of them, or anything you know that can help me find them.”

“Uh… Sure…”

“Actually, you know what! Let’s not waste time, you’re coming with me!”

In an instant, Dragonire appeared behind Vexar and grabbed Vexar’s right leg. Just like that, Dragonire leaped away while dragging Vexar along with him.

“Aaaahhh..!!! What are you doing?! Put me down now, I beg you!!”

Dragonire didn’t feel like talking, so he ignored Vexar’s plea.

Soon, they arrived at a relatively secluded area in the forest, Dragonire dropped Vexar on the ground, who was shaking in fear.

“Please spare my life! I-I can give you anything you want! Information, anything!” Vexar desperately pleaded.

Dragonire looked at Vexar and calmly said, “Relax, I’m not going to kill you. Anyway, I’m looking for someone, I do not know his name but I only remember his face. So what I’m going to do now is describe his appearance to you, and you will tell me who it is and then bring me to him. Got it?”

Dragonire was referring to Aldric, the Demon Leader he was searching for.

Vexar, still trembling, nodded in agreement. "Y-Yes, I understand. Describe the person you're looking for, and I'll do my best to identify and lead you to him."

Dragonire took a moment to vividly describe Aldric's appearance—his demonic features, the distinctive markings on his armor, and the aura of power that surrounded him. Vexar listened attentively, his eyes widening with recognition as Dragonire painted a detailed picture.

A short while later…

"Based on what you’ve described to me, I believe you’re talking about Aldric.” Vexar stammered, relieved that he could provide useful information.

“Ah, so his name is Aldric. I see, I see. Anyway, so where can I find him? Or perhaps he’s somewhere in this dense forest fighting with other players right now?”

2