2
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today was the special day of the marriage of the princess of the Yu Kingdom, Yu Xiana. 

Six months ago, the Yu Kingdom had undergone a strange turmoil. Thanks to Yu Xiana's bravery and effort, they won the war against the enemy kingdom. Yu Xiana wasn't the princess only in the name, but she was the princess in the hearts of the people because of the way she protected all of them.  

The maidservants could be seen rushing around with the huge flower baskets in their hands. The entire palace was decorated in hues of red. The red lanterns were hanging at every corner of the palace while the huge red fabrics were wrapped around the pillar for decoration along with the yellow color. 

"Your Highness, kindly press the lips on the red paper," the servant humbly said. Yu Xiana opened her lips and pressed them on the red paper. Xiana looked at the mirror and then at her red lips. A smile appeared on them along with a blush on her cheeks.  

After her makeup was done, she stood up. The maidservant moved the chair away while the other brought the outer red wedding robe for Xiana. She spread her arms out and the two servants put the robe on her. The servants then tied the golden red waistband around the robe and asked Xiana to lower her arms. 

The gold buyao above Xiana's head brightened her face. The gold earrings dangle to her shoulders. "The Princess looks adorable," Xiana heard her mother's voice, and she turned around. Xiana bowed to her mother, who asked her not to do so. 

"Is the Princess ready completely?" Yu Shumin, the Queen of the Yu Kingdom, asked. She looked at her daughter's wedding attire and then at the jewelry. 

"I am, Mother," Yu Xiana replied. 

"Then, we should go to the wedding altar," Yu Shumin said and looked at the maidservant on the left. She stepped up with the silk red veil in her hand and put it above Yu Xiana's head over the buyao. Xiana's entire face hid with it. 

"Hold it, Xiana," Yu Shumin handed her daughter a moon-shaped circular fan of red color called Tuan Shan. The gold flower patterns were crafted on this circular fan while two tassels were hanging on either side. She tightly held it and wore a smile on her lips. 

Yu Shumin wrapped her arm securely around Xiana's back and placed another on her forearm. "Let's go," she said and they headed to the main palace ground where the wedding was taking place. 

The King, Yu Xiangkong, smiled brightly to see his daughter coming. He brought his right arm to rest it above his abdomen and looked at the groom, who was none other than the eldest son of the General of the Yu Kingdom. 

Yu Xiana smiled to see the groom through the veil and kept her eyes down while walking on the red carpet. She was a bit nervous when she was getting ready, but now, after seeing her fiancée, she felt relieved. 

The Queen pulled her hand back and stood next to the King. 

Yu Xiana took a few final steps toward her soon-to-be husband and halted in her steps. She faced him and again looked at him through the veil. 

Priest Han looked at the King and bowed to him first before starting the wedding processions. He filled the wedding cups with wine and turned to face the bride and groom. Priest Han's eyes widened as he saw a young man dressed in a black hanfu dress enter the wedding hall with a sword in his hand. 

Seeing the priest's pale face, the King and the others looked toward the entrance. 

"This marriage will not happen today," Su Licheng's voice roared as he ground the sword on the wooden floor. A strange fire along with the spark emancipated through the sword as it touched the floor, thus fearing everyone present in the wedding hall with his thunderous voice.

Yu Xiana, who was in her bridal attire, recognized the voice. She slowly turned to look and found Su Licheng in front of her. Her brows furrowed together, and she stopped blinking for a few seconds. Everything about Su Licheng was the same except for one thing. 

The deep, long scar ran through his left brow to below the left eye. She had never imagined she would meet the Prince of the Su Empire in this way. The expression on his face did not look pleasant at all.

"Who are you?" King Yu Xiangkong stepped up and asked. 

"Xiana, step forward and follow me," Su Licheng stated. He totally ignored the King's question as if he did not hear it.

Yu Xiana blinked and moved her wedding veil away. 

"Xiana!" The Queen called out her name. Her daughter was not supposed to remove her veil. It was an indication of inauspiciousness. 

"Prince Licheng isn't supposed to do this at my wedding," Yu Xiana said. The King was shocked to learn the name so were the others in the wedding hall. 

"Did you forget your promise to me, Xiana?" Su Licheng arched his eyebrow and took slow steps toward her.

Yu Xiana frowned as he halted before her. 

The promise! What it could be? Why did Licheng suddenly remember the promise today? Why did it have to be on her wedding day? She gulped as many negative thoughts hit her head. 

"I have not forgotten about it," Yu Xiana replied. "However, today is my wedding," she added. 

Before she could understand what was going on in Prince Su Licheng's head, he pulled her up by her waist, which shocked everyone in the bridal hall. 

"Prince Su Licheng!" Xiana placed her hand on his chest to push him away. 

"Forget this wedding. You need to serve me all your life, Xiana," Su Licheng said while smirking. "I gave life to your kingdom, and you need to give me your life," he affirmed and the smirk remained on his lips.

0