Chapter 10: Girlfriend
26 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Kait…I can’t believe how I feel right now. I feel so happy, so warm. I don’t notice my own nudity. I just feel you—all of you—and I love it. I love…” I didn’t finish my sentence. My voice trailed away. Could I really be feeling love? Kaitlyn, my life-long best friend? Have I loved her all along? It was then that I felt her shift. She moved her head to face mine. Our eyes locked in a passionate gaze. “Kait, I…” and then she kissed me.

We kissed long and deeply. Our lips pressed gently into the other’s. Softer than a breeze, we kissed each other. I felt her mouth open and I opened mine. Her tongue shyly searched for me. We danced in the water as we held each other in a passionate embrace. After an eternity of heavenly romance, our kiss ended.

“I love you, Kait. I don’t know why it took me so long, but I know it’s true.” I leaned in to her, and brought our heads together. Her eyelashes tickled my cheeks as she looked into my eyes. “I love you,” I whispered with all the love and intimacy I could express with just three words.

“Oh, Jake, I love you, too,” she breathed, while placing a hand on my cheek. I tilted my head into her hand. “What matters isn’t how long it took, but how I feel right now. How you feel right now. I feel like I could spend the rest of my life in your arms, be it here, be it anywhere. I never want to leave,” she said, filling my heart with warmth.

“I’m so glad we went swimming,” I said, making her laugh. “You really are something special.” Her eyes shone brighter than the moon. “And thanks for hugging me,” I added with a chuckle. She laughed at my honesty.

“Guess what?” she asked with a smile.

“What?” I answered playfully.

“We’re naked!” she squealed.

“I know!” I laughed, “I can feel your hair tickling my stomach.” I said causing us both to cackle loud into the night.

“Why can’t I feel you?” she teased.

“It gets small when I go swimming!” I contested.

“Ah huh,” she added with a giggle.

“Don’t you think it’s romantic that I can hold you naked and not get hard?” I asked with my best pouty face.

“Oh, it’s because you’re romantic,” she replied, sarcastically. “Should I maybe feel insulted? Don’t you find me attractive?” she said, placing a hand on her forehead while blinking rapidly in overacted dismay.

“I think you are beautiful,” I answered honestly, making her look back at me with love. “Honestly, I haven’t really had a chance to look at you in that way yet.”

“Maybe we should keep it that way.”

“What you mean?”

“Tonight has been beautiful, Jake, it really has. Let’s keep it that way. I feel so free and open. I’m here with you, on full display, and all you want to do is be in my arms. I want to remember the love we felt, not the love we made.”

I brought her closer and gave her a passionate kiss. “I think you’re right.” She placed an arm on my chest and rested her head on my shoulder. We held each other tightly, looking out over the horizon and into the starry sky as the waves crashed gently behind us.

I couldn’t help but feel her nipples poking into my chest. It dawned on me that our relationship was going to change in a lot of ways. I felt a shiver through my spine. The thought of being physically intimate with Kaitlyn excited me in ways I hadn’t felt before. It also made me nervous. Sex is a big step in our relationship. I failed at keeping the fear of change out of my mind.

“What if I don’t perform well?” I worried. “What if it changes our relationship too much? What if…I lose her forever?”

Kaitlyn sighed into me and the feeling of her breath on my exposed skin gave me goosebumps. Being with her has made me feel love for the first time. I feel secure when I hold her. Maybe one day, I can be as free as she is. I thought about our future with a new confidence.

I put my arm on her lower hip and thought, “Fuck it. I want this.”

“Kait.”

“Yeah?”

“Sex tomorrow?”

“Sex tomorrow,” she quickly answered. We both chuckled, and I planted a kiss on her forehead.

“I love you, Kaitlyn. It took me a long time to realise, but I’m glad I know.”

“I love you too, Jake. I’m glad we found out together.”

1