Chapter 1: Dr.Kintovar
98 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The wailing sirens tore through the night, their piercing cries intertwining with Roselle’s hazy consciousness. She felt death coming for her. The voices, distant and distorted, whispered and faded, their words elusive, leaving her grappling with their meaning.

Roselle found herself naked on the cold, rigid floor. Blood seeped from her wounds. The lingering sensations of pleasure, tainted by the torment she had suffered, created an unbearable sensation within her body. Through gasping breaths, Roselle's voice emerged, barely escaping her trembling lips.

"I... I don't understand," she murmured "How did I end up like this?. I'm in so much pain…and yet… “

Her words hung in the air, a desperate search for understanding coming to her. The sirens persisted, making a loud noise within her area.

Her consciousness flickered. Roselle made a choice, embracing the darkness in defeat, “I guess…I will never know...”

She surrendered to her injuries, unsure of the truth shrouded within her fragmented Memories.

Roselle’s consciousness began to stir, her vision blurred as she blinked away the remnants of her former life. Just then, a spark of awakening stirred within her. She found herself confined within a green tube. Panic gripped her heart, and her eyes darted to the neighboring tubes, one empty and the other housing a young girl with hair blending shades of blue and pink. Concern washed over her.

Before Roselle could gather her thoughts or explore further, an excited voice echoed through the laboratory. "Excellent! All systems are still operating at maximum power! Great! Fantastic! Wonderful! Extravaga--" The voice abruptly halted.Dr. Kintovar stood tall infront of her, her pink headphones resting around her neck. Behind her tinted sunglasses, her eyes widened in surprise. "Roselle! You're awake!"

The emerald liquid within Roselle's confinement  decreased until it was gone completely  and with a ’hiss’ , the tube's door swung open. As she stepped out into the laboratory, her gaze fixed on Dr. Kintovar, who exuded authority.

Stepping out into the laboratory, Roselle’s eyes searched around for answers, landing upon Dr. Kintovar, who stood there with an air of both authority and fascination. A smile came to her lips as she approached Roselle.

"Roselle," Dr. Kintovar declared, "Codename: Project Mage. That shall be your designation, a title bestowed upon you by your Brilliant Creator, me, Dr. Kintovar!”"

The name, "Project Mage," echoed within Roselle’s mind. She repeated it quietly, the syllables flowing from her lips.

Dr. Kintovar continued, "You are the second of my living creations, Project Mage. Your powers, carefully crafted through my expertise, shall be the key to  my success in this world!"

Dr. Kintovar's eyes gleamed with satisfaction as she gestured toward Roselle, her voice resonating with unwavering authority. "From this day forward, Project Mage, you will obey only me," she declared, her words carrying the weight of absolute control. It was a decree that would forever bind them together.

Dr. Kintovar spun around in a  display of excitement, her lab coat flowing around her.

"People told me all my life that magic was something one had to be born with, but here, within the confines of this laboratory, I have created the perfect magical weapon. Twice, with your creation, and with  that of the young girl in your neighboring tube, it will be a third time."

Roselle listened, her mind swirling with awe.

Dr. Kintovar leaned down "Roselle, for your battle suit is still being meticulously crafted. Once complete, it will become an extension of your power, enhancing your abilities and shielding you from harm."

Roselle nodded, acknowledging the promise of protection that lay ahead. Yet, a sense of vulnerability accompanied her nakedness in the absence of clothes; however, to her surprise, she found herself strangely unaffected by the exposure. It was as if the process of becoming Project Mage had stripped away the societal norms and judgments in the perception of her own body.

Roselle was given a coat of fur that symbolizes a fresh beginning. She  followed Dr. Kintovar as they made their way towards the door leading to the outside world.

"This base extends a good distance before reaching the main city," Dr. Kintovar explained.

"To reach the city, we must build a bridge, but for now, Roselle, you are not ready to face that challenge. Instead, I want you to gain some practice."

Roselle's gaze locked with Dr. Kintovar's, her curiosity piqued.

 Dr. Kintovar, sensing her desire, continued, "There are some humans causing me trouble in the nearby forest. I want you to deal with them, to demonstrate your strength."

Roselle hesitated, unsure of what to do. She was not used to  her new body yet, but as if sensing her doubts, Dr. Kintovar offered guidance.

"Simply utter the word 'Weapon,' Roselle," she said with a knowing smile, "and watch as  the manifestation of your power appears on your back."

Gathering her courage, Roselle took a deep breath. She spoke the word "Weapon" with determination, and as if in response to her command, a gigantic cannon materialized on her back, surprising her.

"Roselle, my dear Project Mage," Dr. Kintovar began, her tone filled with equal parts urgency and cold calculation. "I have designed your body to be incredibly powerful, capable of handling weapons and challenges that would normally be impossible for someone of your size. That cannon on your back, it is but a taste of the immense strength you possess."

Roselle listened, her gaze fixed on Dr. Kintovar, her heart pounding with both anticipation and a growing sense of unease. Dr. Kintovar continued, her voice lowering, conveying the gravity of their mission.

"But, my dear Roselle, you must understand the importance of time," Dr. Kintovar explained, her words carrying a chilling edge. "You will have only two minutes and thirty seconds to complete your mission in the forest.  In order to ensure your unwavering loyalty and commitment to your tasks, I have designed your body to detonate if you exceed the time limit. This serves as a fail-safe mechanism in case  you have any thoughts of betrayal."

Roselle's eyes widened as the meaning of Dr. Kintovar's revelation settled upon her. She felt conflicting emotions. The notion of eliminating her own kind, the humans, stirred a sense of sorrow within her, but survival took priority in this twisted world.

Silence hung in the air for a moment before Dr. Kintovar's voice pierced through it once again.

"The world is cruel, Roselle. Humans, with their misguided beliefs, seek to control and dominate the world with their so-called 'magic,'" Dr. Kintovar spat, her voice filled with disdain. "They have fostered a society where the endorsement of magic reigns supreme, while technology is shunned and those who dare to embrace it are publically humiliated, even hunted down and killed."

A  combination of anger and sadness welled up within Roselle. She struggled to understand the meaning of Dr. Kintovar's revelation.

"They want me dead," Dr. Kintovar continued “Especially those residing in the forest. They fear my 'power', my intellect, and all that I stand for. That's why I created you, Roselle. You are the weapon that will dismantle their plans."

Roselle's gaze locked with Dr. Kintovar's, her mind with conflicting emotions. Questions swirled in her mind, but before she could voice them, Dr. Kintovar continued, her tone resolute.

"Roselle, our survival depends on your success," Dr. Kintovar declared, her eyes burning with intensity. "The humans in the forest pose a threat not only to me but to the very existence of technology itself. You have been crafted to be a force to be reckoned with, and it is your duty to fulfill that purpose."

A heavy silence settled between them, and Roselle grappled with the weight of her role in this.

Dr. Kintovar's voice carried a sense of urgency as she gestured towards the door leading to the outside world. "Go, Roselle. Your timer begins as soon as you step through that door," she said, her eyes fixed on the countdown, now mere seconds away from initiating.

Roselle stepped through the threshold, and as she did, the timer began its countdown. Time became her enemy, urging her forward, compelling her to fulfill her mission before the detonation became inevitable. The once familiar laboratory gave way to a mystical forest, an intriguing blend of nature and ruin. Ancient trees stood tall, their branches reaching towards the sky, while remnants of forgotten structures lay scattered amidst the undergrowth.

However, this forest carried an unsettling aura, different from the calm serenity of nature. The air crackled with an electric energy, and whispers of incantations in the surroundings. The forest was alive with humans, dressed in rich attire that spoke of their affinity for magic. Their mere presence emitted an air of arrogance and entitlement.

With eyes keenly scanning their surroundings, the humans spoke with frustration  in their tone.

"She couldn't have gotten too far with that wound," one  of them said with a sense of arrogance. "We must kill her before she can get back to  her lab , then we can destroy the rest of Kintovar's projects!"

Roselle crouched behind dense foliage, her heart pounding in her chest as she observed the scene unfold. The ceaseless ticking of the timer spurred her into action. She knew she had to eliminate these humans who posed a threat to both herself and Dr. Kintovar's plans.

Roselle cautiously approached one of the humans, her eyes locked on the man holding a blazing fireball. His gaze shifted from the forest's depths to settle upon her, and a perplexed expression crossed his face.

"Who are you?" the man sneered, his voice dripping with condescension. "A little girl creation like you without any magical energy should know better than to enter these woods. Are you lost? Or do you have a death wish?"

 Roselle was then surrounded by the humans, their mocking words filled the air. "Someone without magic? What are you even doing here? You must really want to die." they jeered, closing in on her.

Roselle's grip tightened on her massive cannon. The humans, their eyes widening in disbelief, took a step back as they beheld the enormity of the weapon on her back. They had never seen a cannon that big before, and uncertainty flickered across their faces.

"I am Roselle, and I am here, to get rid of you filthy humans!”

The words hung in the air, a defiant proclamation that caught the humans off guard. The man who had first spoken to her, conjured a flaming fireball in his hand. He hurled it towards Roselle with a malevolent grin on his face.

However, in that very moment, Roselle's anger ignited a surge of power within her. As the fireball hurtled towards her, she released a shot from her colossal cannon.

The shot collided with the fireball, obliterating it in a blinding explosion of power. The impact went through the forest, shaking the trees and causing the ground to tremble.

As the dust settled, a shocked silence descended upon the humans. The man who had attacked her now stood before her, a huge hole in his chest. His life force was taken by the immense power of Roselle's cannon shot. The others gazed at the scene in disbelief, their arrogance replaced by a creeping fear.

Roselle's eyes widened as she processed her newfound strength. She did not intend to take a life with that shot, and yet, in that moment of self-defense, her power had exceeded her own expectations. Conflicting emotions swirled within her, but the urgency of her mission kept her grounded.

With a determined expression, Roselle focused on the remaining humans. They were shaken, their arrogance shattered by the display of her immense power. One of them, a woman with a crown-like ornament on her head, stepped forward with a trembling voice.

"What... What are you?" she stammered, her confidence crumbling.

Roselle hesitated for a moment, realizing that her true identity as Project Mage was a secret she couldn't reveal. Instead, she chose to assert herself.

"I am Roselle," she declared once again, her voice firm. "And I will say it again.. I am the Human Executioner, here to get rid of you filthy humans!!"

2