Chapter 38: Light and Darkness
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“It won’t be long now. Your last hopes of defeating me have been turned into mere fragmented pieces,and now, you shall be judged by Abner, the Chosen one of light. “

Abner's proclamation echoed through the clearing, his confidence radiating from him. Risebelle, however, had had enough of his overbearing attitude. She lowered her eyes and spoke directly to him.

"You're annoying," Risebelle stated bluntly.

Risebelle's gaze shifted to the Luminous Beacon in the sky with her mind racing with thoughts and ideas. She recalled how Abner had been healed by the light emanating from the beacon. A plan began to take shape in her mind and she turned to Roselle with a determined look.

"Roselle, I have an idea," Risebelle whispered to her sister. She leaned in closer to ensure their conversation remained private. "We need to use that Luminous Beacon against him. This thing has been giving us trouble, but, if we can get rid of it, I doubt he’ll be able to recover as quickly as he has been doing the whole time."

Risebelle's eyes sparkled as she went on, "We'll need your incredible power to do it. Can you manage another surge, just like before, but this time, we'll direct it toward the beacon? If we can weaken or disable it, maybe we'll have a chance to defeat Abner."

Roselle looked at Risebelle with uncertainty in her eyes, still recovering from the immense strain of her previous power surge. "Risebelle, I... I don't know if I can control this power…it’s overwhelming and I’m barely keeping it in check..."

"You know, you can be a dunce sometimes, but, I believe you can do it, Roselle." she said with confidence. "I've seen you harness that incredible power and focus it on Abner, so I know you can control it. We have to try working together, for Runebelle and for our own survival."

Risebelle reached out and gently placed a hand on Roselle's shaking shoulder.

"Listen up, idiot. We can't let Abner win. We have to give it everything we've got. I know you can do this, Roselle."

She met Roselle's eyes with determination and trust. With a deep breath, Roselle nodded and said, "Alright, I'll try….but you have to be ready to guide me, Risebelle. If I start losing control, you need to help me."

As Risebelle contemplated the plan to harness Roselle's uncontrollable power, a sense of unease washed over her. She couldn't shake the memory of the system messages she had seen earlier, warning of the dangers of overexertion and the imminent risk of magic rupture.

'Is this the right course of action?' Risebelle questioned herself inwardly. 'I've seen those warnings and I know how close Roselle is to destruction. Will she even be okay after this? Will this be risking too much?'

Risebelle glanced at Roselle, who was ready to give it her all despite the risks. She couldn't deny her sister's bravery and resolve, but she couldn't ignore the voice of caution either.

'Roselle is strong, but even the strongest have their limits,' Risebelle thought. 'Now is not the time for me to be second-guessing myself. If we want to survive, we have to do what it takes, that’s all there is to it. Let’s just hope we come out of this in one piece.'

Risebelle's voice rang out with determination as she called upon her formidable ability,

"Acid Rain!"

The sky above began to darken and a rain cloud formed, casting a shadow over the battlefield. The cloud released a corrosive rain that fell with deadly intent, burning everything it touched.

High above the battlefield. The once clear sky quickly darkened as the ominous cloud formed, casting a shadow over the area. As the cloud released its corrosive rain, it fell in a concentrated area, targeting the Luminous Beacon and Abner.

The rain, composed of a magical acid, began to pour down, hissing and sizzling upon contact with the ground. The deadly drops burned through the earth, leaving behind smoking craters. The effects of Risebelle's Acid Rain were immediate and devastating, as the corrosive liquid ate away at the surroundings.

The Luminous Beacon above began to flicker and dim as the acid rain made contact with it. The once-pure light emitted by the beacon now struggled to pierce through the corrosive downpour.

Abner struggled to understand the nature of the magical rain that relentlessly corroded his light aura. The burning sensation on his skin was unlike anything he had encountered before. His emerald eyes narrowed with as he attempted to analyze the corrosive downpour.

"This is no ordinary weather manipulation," Abner thought aloud with unease. "It's as if the very rain itself is infused with magic, with a destructive intent."

Abner continued to be assaulted by the malevolent rain. He could feel the corrosive effects seeping through his defenses, eating away at his power.

Abner unleashed a barrage of light energy towards Risebelle and Roselle. The two sisters moved swiftly to evade the incoming attack. Risebelle's quick thinking allowed them to avoid the worst of the assault, but they were still grazed by some of the holy energy.

The impact of the light blasts sent them tumbling backward, but they managed to maintain their footing. Risebelle gritted her teeth as she glanced at Roselle.

"We can't let up, Roselle," Risebelle said. "We need to finish this before he has a chance to recover. Do it now!"

Roselle nodded in agreement.

Roselle summoned her attack. This time, she channeled her energy with precision,

“Wrath of the Thunderstorm!”

Roselle directed the storm's fury towards the Luminous Beacon. The dark clouds above crackled with lightning and bolts of electricity lashed out with pinpoint accuracy, striking the gleaming source in the sky.

The Luminous Beacon trembled under the assault and its brilliant glow dimmed as it absorbed the devastating lightning strikes. The once-steady beacon faltered beginning to fall.

Abner’s eyes widened as he watched the Luminous Beacon, the source of his power, falter and begin to plummet from the sky. The radiant aura that had surrounded him dimmed and he felt a growing sense of dread as the beacon's descent accelerated.

"No, no, this can't be happening! By the likes of them?!" Abner exclaimed with desperation in tone. He reached out an arm toward the falling beacon, his emerald eyes wide with fear and disbelief.

”NOOOOOOOO!”

Risebelle and Roselle, their determination unwavering, channeled their power into the assault. The lightning strikes grew more intense and the Luminous Beacon continued its descent, unable to withstand the relentless barrage.

As the beacon crashed to the ground, a blinding explosion of light erupted, sending shockwaves rippling through the area. Abner was thrown back by the force of the impact and a pained cry escaped his lips.

The clearing was shrouded in darkness as the shining source was extinguished, leaving Abner disoriented and vulnerable. Abner gazed at Risebelle and Roselle, their bodies shrouded in the darkness that had descended upon the clearing, a primal fear gripped his heart. In that moment, they appeared as monstrous, otherworldly entities, their eyes glowing with an eerie and malevolent light. It was a sight that sent shivers down his spine, awakening deep-seated fears that had long been buried.

His initial reaction was one of pure terror. The darkness seemed to close in around him, suffocating and relentless, while the monstrous figures before him loomed like nightmarish apparitions. Abner's breath quickened and his heart raced as he grappled with the overwhelming fear that threatened to consume him.

Abner, despite the overwhelming fear that had gripped him, summoned his inner strength and began to speak with a sense of authority and pride. "I am Abner, the Chosen One of light," he declared, his words echoing through the shadowy clearing. "One of the four Elite Mages, honored by the headmaster himself. I founded the Affinity of Light on this very island and I trained to reach the level of Extreme Class Magic, a tier above Greater and High-tier!"

Abner went on with his voice raising, "I am the one who created the power of the Luminous Beacon, a source of lustrous energy that no one else could control other than myself. I won’t be defeated so easily!”

Abner gathered his remaining energy and prepared to unleash a powerful attack. "It has come to this," he declared, his words echoing through the shadowy clearing.

"A regular mage wouldn't even dare to attempt this. Even the Headmaster, a formidable mage in her own right, can only cast a few Extreme-tier magics in a single day. But I am Abner, the Chosen One of light and I shall not falter!"

As Abner spoke, a surge of energy began to radiate from him, forming an aura of blinding light. The clearing was once again bathed in intense radiance, pushing back the darkness that had enveloped it moments before. The glow from the Luminous Beacon seemed to pale in comparison to the brilliance that now emanated from Abner.

He raised his hands, his fingers forming intricate symbols as he channeled the power of his final attack. The air crackled with energy and the ground trembled beneath him as the forces of Extreme Tier Magic gathered around him.

Abner's voice grew stronger as he never stopped and began to immediately speak the incantation, each word resonating with power and purpose. "By the light of the Luminous Beacon, I call upon the heavens to deliver judgment upon my foes. Let the celestial energies descend and purify all that stands before me!"

The air itself seemed to tremble as Abner's incantation finished. With a blinding flash, beams of divine energy erupted from his outstretched hands.

"Heaven's Gate!" Abner’s shouted out as he unleashed his ultimate attack. The very air seemed to tremble with the power of his incantation and a blinding radiance burst forth from him, forming into a colossal gateway of divine energy that loomed above the battlefield.

The sheer magnitude of Heaven's Gate was awe-inspiring. It was a force of nature, a cataclysmic phenomenon that threatened to reshape the very fabric of the world. The glowing gate crackled with unimaginable power and its brilliance was so intense that it threatened to blind all who gazed upon it.

Risebelle and Roselle, their determination unyielding, prepared to face this final, overwhelming onslaught.
The colossal Heaven's Gate began to open, its brilliance grew exponentially. The sky above was completely filled by its blinding light and the earth trembled beneath the weight of its power. Slowly, the gates parted, revealing a searing torrent of light energy that threatened to engulf everything in its path.

Risebelle and Roselle stood at the epicenter of this cataclysmic maelstrom, their bodies bathed in the overwhelming radiance. The sheer force of the energy wave threatened to tear them asunder and their very existence hung in the balance.

Despite the dire circumstances, Roselle who took a step forward unshakened. Her eyes blazed with resolve as she advanced into the heart of the storm having her body bathed in the blinding light.

[System Message]

Life Force: 10% Critical

Magic Reserves: 249% Critical

Roselle pressed forward into the heart of the blinding radiance. She felt a surge of water energy approaching her. Risebelle cried out in pain, but she tried hard to keep her eyes open and focused.

Roselle's eyes met Risebelle's and without the need for words, they understood each other's intent. Risebelle unleashed two powerful blasts of water energy, which shot towards Roselle with incredible speed and precision.

Roselle extended her arms, intercepting the oncoming water blasts. The torrents of water merged with her own energy, creating a swirling vortex of power that surrounded her. It was a fusion of their elemental abilities, a union of fire, lightning and water.

The vortex of energy crackled and pulsed with an otherworldly intensity and Roselle knew that this was their last, desperate gambit. With a final surge of strength, she hurled the combined energy towards the colossal Heaven's Gate.

The merged energy tore through the radiance of Heaven's Gate, destabilizing its divine power. The Sparkling presence wavered and the colossal gateway began to fracture and crumble.

Abner watched in shock and horror as his gate disintegrated before his eyes. The blinding light faded and the divine energy wave dissipated into the ether.

As the dust settled and the darkness lifted, the battlefield was left in a state of eerie stillness. The Heaven's Gate was no more and Abner stood in disbelief, his ultimate attack thwarted by the combined power of the sisters.

Risebelle and Roselle, their bodies battered and their magic reserves drained to the limit, stood triumphant amidst the remnants of the gateway. Their eyes met and a shared sense of accomplishment and relief washed over them.

[System Message]

[Roselle]

Magic Reserves: 0%
Life Force: 5% Critical

[System Message]

[Risebelle]

Magic Reserves: 15%

Life Force: 25%

Abner dropped to his knees in disbelief. He looked at the sisters with shock and astonishment..

"It...It can't be..." Abner muttered, his voice trembling. "This is...impossible..."

0