Chapter 49: An All or Nothing Gamble
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Runebelle focused her energy on her ice affinity and reached out to Roselle and Risebelle, attempting to transfer her elemental affinity to them. The process was challenging but Runebelle’s desire and the dire circumstances drove her to give it her all.

As Runebelle concentrated on transferring her ice affinity to her sisters, a system notification suddenly appeared:

[System Notification]

Ability unlocked: Ice Element Transfer.

The notification brought a glimmer of hope to their dire situation.

With the infusion of ice magic into her system, Risebelle could feel the power coursing through her. She looked at Runebelle with widened eyes.

"This is more than I thought, Runebelle," Risebelle said

"What are you going to do with it, Risebelle?" Runebelle said, her eyes reflecting curiosity and hope.

"In the previous world, elements use to have a cycle and I’ll bet it’s the same thing here. Fire melts ice, turning it into water. Water extinguishes fire. So, if I can get Alan to melt all of the ice that I'll create with your affinity, he'll essentially be creating water. And guess what? My affinity is water. I can control and store it, which means I'll have the upper hand."

Runebelle began to ask, "Where will you—"

But before she could finish her question, Risebelle was already in motion, focusing on her plan and channeling the newfound ice affinity into action. The urgency of the situation left no time for a complete answer.

Alan's attack came roaring toward them, a colossal wave of scorching flames that threatened to engulf them entirely. The intense heat washed over Roselle, Risebelle and Runebelle, causing searing pain as they struggled to withstand the fiery assault.

Risebelle, encased in her newly formed armor of ice, held firm against the onslaught. She knew that she needed to draw out all the ice magic from Runebelle to execute her plan successfully.

The flames raged and Risebelle gritted her teeth, her body taking the full brunt of the assault as she reached deep within to access the stored ice affinity. She could feel the power surging within her, ready to be unleashed.

As the fire and ice clashed, a fierce battle of elemental forces played out in the scorching inferno and Risebelle’s will burned as brightly as the flames that threatened to consume them.

Alan's voice carried some frustration and confusion as he observed Risebelle's actions.

"You want to call me an idiot… but if I’m such an idiot then you are a great fool," Alan declared, his eyes narrowing in suspicion. "You know for a fact Ice magic won't work against my flames. So what's your game, little miss? I know you've got something up your sleeve but this shit right here? This doesn't make any sense."

As Risebelle's ice magic flowed from her, she was abruptly interrupted by the ice melting into water, leaving her momentarily stunned. Before she could react, Alan unleashed another searing stream of fire, catching her off guard. The intense flames engulfed her and her lifeforce dwindled rapidly.

[System Notification]

Risebelle's Lifeforce: 5%

The system notification displayed her critical condition and Risebelle could feel the scorching heat searing through her. She knew that her lifeforce was dangerously low and her situation had become dire.

As Risebelle struggled under the intense fire assault, her sisters, Roselle and Runebelle, rushed to her side. Runebelle prepared her healing shot to assist Risebelle but their efforts were abruptly thwarted by Alan's swift and forceful intervention.

"Risebelle!" Roselle cried out, her voice laced with concern, as she moved closer to her sister.

Runebelle readied her healing shot in order to aid Risebelle but before she could administer it, Alan's voice cut through the tension.

“Not this time!”

With surprising speed, he closed the distance between them and kicked Runebelle away, sending her flying and then to the ground.

The forest echoed with the collision of the kick, yet Runebelle made no sound. Risebelle, still reeling from the flames, was left vulnerable and in critical condition.

Runebelle's body lay motionless on the forest floor, her figure surrounded by a cloud of dust and debris from the impact. Roselle's eyes widened in shock and horror at the sight of her sister being knocked aside so callously. She was momentarily paralyzed, torn between her desire to help Risebelle and her concern for Runebelle.

Risebelle, still engulfed in the relentless flames, struggled to maintain her focus. Her lifeforce continued to dwindle and the pain was excruciating.

Risebelle rose to her feet finally taking on a look with ignited strength in her eyes. She then took in the water magic that had formed from the melted ice. The swirling currents of water encircled her, creating a protective barrier against the scorching flames that Alan had unleashed upon her.

Alan's voice dripped with disbelief as he watched Risebelle rise from the ground, water magic swirling around her. His eyes narrowed with suspicion and he muttered, "This can't be …. She can't possibly be using her own affinity in this inferno."

Risebelle held onto her strength fiercely as the flames surrounding them.

Alan's confusion deepened as he observed Risebelle harnessing her water affinity which was a stark contrast to her previous struggle against the flames. His voice tinged with frustration and curiosity, he exclaimed, "What the hell? What happened to your water affinity? It was so weak just moments ago… This doesn't make sense!"

Risebelle's eyes shimmered with an intense aqua glow.

"Normally, I can only use this level of water affinity when I push my systems to the absolute limit, but with Runebelle’s help, I managed to produce the water I need to use this technique without destroying myself."

Her body emanated a radiant aura of water magic, the energy swirling around her like a protective barrier.

Risebelle's newfound power surged within her and she could feel the aqua energy enveloping her like a protective shroud. With a determined glare she turned her attention toward Alan, who watched her with surprise.

"This is the true extent of my power, Alan," Risebelle declared, her voice unwavering. "I call upon the wrath of the elements to create a torrential downpour, a power I've named 'Deluge Sea.' It's time to drown your flames and despair in this relentless sea!"

With those words, Risebelle unleashed her ultimate move and the skies darkened as clouds gathered with unnatural speed. Raindrops began to fall, slowly at first and then with increasing intensity until they formed a deluge. The rain transformed into a raging river of dark magic, swirling around Risebelle as she stood firm against the tempest.

The torrential downpour rushed forward with incredible force, heading straight for Alan, the flames around him hissing and sputtering in the face of this overwhelming assault.

Alan made one final desperate effort, channeling his fire power into a single, mighty stream of flames clashed with Risebelle's Deluge Sea. The two immense forces collided in a cataclysmic battle of elements.

The ground trembled beneath them as the torrential rain clashed with the searing flames. Steam billowed into the sky as the fire met the water and this created a spectacle of steam and steam hissing and billowing in every direction.

For a brief moment, it seemed like the two forces were evenly matched as the powers warring against each other in a chaotic struggle. The forest around them shook as if caught in the surge of a great storm.

But slowly, surely, the tide turned. Risebelle's Deluge Sea proved to be an unstoppable force. The torrent of water and dark magic overwhelmed Alan's flames, extinguishing them one by one until there was nothing left but the relentless downpour.

With a final, triumphant roar, Risebelle's Deluge Sea surged forward, enveloping Alan in its watery embrace. Alan's desperate struggle against Risebelle's Deluge Sea proved futile. The relentless downpour engulfed him, extinguishing his flames and leaving him powerless against the overwhelming force of water and dark magic. He thrashed and fought against the torrent but it was clear that he was no match for the might of Risebelle's attack.

As the last remnants of the flames were extinguished, Alan's body became obscured by the rushing water and darkness. He lets out a loud scream but he was silenced by the unrelenting current and he disappeared beneath the surface, carried away by the powerful current.

The forest, once a battleground of fire and magic, was now drenched and shrouded in mist, the aftermath of the intense clash between the elements. Risebelle stood amidst the pouring rain.

[System Notification]

Risebelle's Lifeforce: 1%

Magic: 5%

The system notification displayed Risebelle's critically low lifeforce and with that she felt her strength vanish. Weakened and exhausted, she began to fall, her body succumbing to the immense strain she had endured throughout the battle. However, before she could hit the ground, Roselle moved swiftly, catching her sister and preventing her from collapsing and possibly reaching 0%.

Roselle's blue eyes held relief and concern as she supported Risebelle.

Roselle's voice trembled with concern as she spoke, "Risebelle, we need to help Runebelle. She took a heavy hit from Alan's kick."

Risebelle nodded weakly, Together, with Roselle's support, they approached Runebelle. Risebelle checked Runebelle's life force.

[System Notification]

Runebelle's Lifeforce: 15%

While Runebelle had taken a severe hit, her lifeforce remained at a higher percentage than her sister.

Risebelle managed a faint but reassuring smile despite her weakened state. She gently placed a hand on Runebelle's shoulder and said, "Runebelle will be fine. She's tough, just like us."

Roselle's concern deepened as she glanced at Risebelle's critical condition. "But what about you, Risebelle? You only have 1% lifeforce left. We need to do something about you...”

Risebelle mustered a weak smile for her sister's sake. "Don't worry, Roselle. I'll be fine," she reassured, though her voice was barely above a whisper.

As they stood over Runebelle, Roselle's gaze shifted from Risebelle to their younger sister. She watched Runebelle's peaceful face and took a deep breath.

Roselle's eyes shimmered with admiration and gratitude as she gazed at Risebelle. "By the way, Risebelle, that attack was Super Awesome! I've never seen anything like it! I need to get a cool attack like that!”

Roselle's words brought a flicker of pride to Risebelle's tired eyes. She managed a weak but appreciative smile as she replied, “You haven't? Idiot… I guess you really don't remember then...."

Risebelle's mention of Roselle not remembering sparked curiosity in her younger sister. She gave a confusion look and asked, "Remember what, Risebelle?"

Risebelle chuckled softly, her voice still weak but filled with a fondness that was evident even in her depleted state. "Never mind, Roselle. It's not important right now. Let's get back in the tanks and--"

As Risebelle began to speak of returning to the tanks, her sentence was abruptly interrupted by an unexpected development. She turned to the side in shock, her weakened body tensed up with surprise.

Roselle, noticing her sister's sudden change in demeanor, asked with concern, "Risebelle, why do you look so shocked? What happened?"

Risebelle's eyes were wide as she pointed towards the spot where Alan had been engulfed by the Deluge Sea. In the distance, a faint, flickering light emerged from the depths of the raging river created by her ultimate move. The light grew brighter with each passing moment, steadily drawing closer to their location.

Risebelle could hardly believe her eyes. She whispered in astonishment, "Roselle, look... someone's coming."

The two sisters watched curiosity and caution as the light approached, wondering who or what was on its way.

As the flickering light drew nearer, it gradually revealed the figure of Alan, battered and weakened. His once fiery aura had faded entirely, leaving him gasping for breath. Despite his dire condition, he maintained a calm demeanor as he approached the sisters, who watched him with caution.

Alan's voice, though strained, carried a tone of admiration as he addressed them, "Impressive... You three... are... quite something..."

Risebelle and Roselle exchanged glances, still on guard but also intrigued by Alan's unexpected reaction. They had expected hostility or retaliation

“He’s still alive…” Risebelle said, her eyes beginning to shut on her but she knew she couldn’t let them close now. Her body trembles as she sees the smirk on Alan’s face.

0