Chapter 19: Grinding speed-up cards.
220 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Global chat]

[Lord Arlithat'sme]: Big news, Big news, the big boss has struck again with another sensational exposure of him being a true badass. Look at the trading market's number 1 spot!

[Lord Sword0002]: Brother upstairs, what are you talking about? Did you take the wrong medicine today? Do not force your people to do things that they don't want to or else they will start a revolution.

[Lady Arlithat'sme]: Just open the trading market and see for yourself. And another thing, I am not that perverted, I am a man of steel.

[Lord Knowme]: I just saw it, holy! Look at the description of those two thousand units of meat. What in the world is an alpha beast? And the price is extremely high.

[Lord Viral]: Yeah, I've never heard of it. But why is the volume of the meat being sold by Lord Liam higher than that of those top-ranked Lords? I never thought a single level 1 monster camp would be this bountiful.

[Lord Gildart]: No, a level 1 monster camp won't be bountiful. You can only bring around 30 to 40% of the original value at best once you clear the camp. Also, unless your summoned troops are extremely strong, it would be hard to clear the camp in a short period, reducing the risk of those corpses being exposed to dangerous diseases and many more reasons.

[Lord Viral]: what do you mean by that? Just bring all of the corpses back.

[Lord Askme]: It is easier said than done. On my side, it took me more than 1 hour or so of constantly consuming the monster down with the advantage of resummoning. However, it resulted in many of those corpses being spoiled early or inedible for humans to consume. There are too many factors involved in this. After the battle, at most, I gained 3000 to 5000 units of meat at best after transporting them back to my territory. Remember, this is not the world that we are used to. The concept of everything has changed here.

[Lord Viral]: I see...

[Lady INEEDRESOURCES]: I remembered it. I remembered that beast! It's a special monster with a low probability of spawning inside any monster camp. It is extremely powerful and tanky, and the worst part of it is that it is abnormally smart. My fire eagles had paid a heavy price to defeat the normal monsters within the monster camp. I was constantly re-summoning them over and over again, exhausting my mana and mental strength, and by the time I cleaned all of them, this thing popped out and destroyed all of my summoned troops. Luckily, I survived by chance, escaping on the last surviving fire eagle that I had.

[Lord Iattainpeace]: Hiss, what rank are your summoned troops again?

[Lady INEEDRESOURCES]: It's a [rare] and an [A] in rarity. I am lucky enough to have powerful summoned troops, or I might have been sentenced to death during that battle. 

The heated discussion within the global chat naturally attracted much attention from the Lord of the people. 

Some were skeptical, deeming the meat that Liam had put on was merely a fake, but deep down, jealousy consumed them. While some others feel threatened, the power and strength that Liam has shown is making them feel unsafe. 

There's also an exception among them. Knowing the alliance feature would be unlocked soon. 

They saw an opportunity with this and immediately bombarded the chat with praises and compliments to gain Liam's attention, hoping to be recruited and have a chance to enter Liam's alliance by then. 

Though it is unfortunate, Liam had never considered making an alliance. Managing an alliance seems quite bothersome for him. At most, he will join at random by then.

Even for his territory, he gave the management authority away to Rudolf since he doesn't like to meddle with that stuff. All he had in his mind was to upgrade the territory and continuously make it stronger and stronger.

After surveying the area around his castle for a while, Liam then settled his sight towards the right side of his castle. Roughly 23 Kilometers away stood there several level 1 monster camps huddled up together, being quite close to one another. 

Seeing this, Liam then ordered his slime troops to set off immediately. He won't let such an easy target get away before it is refreshed again. He had decided to go hunting till the night time for today. 

"Let's try to get as much speed up cards as possible. And then proceed to use them on my current construction."

"And with the resources pouring in from the trading market, I believe it would be easy to raise my territory-building levels by a whole today"

With a thoughtful expression, Liam considered his choices to be quite beneficial for the current situation. Swiftly shuttling his fingers across the map as he directed his slimes toward the target. 

----
As the golden hues of the sun bathed Liam's territory in a warm glow, a hushed anticipation hung thick in the air like a tangible veil. 

The townspeople, going about their daily tasks, cast curious glances towards the outskirts where the giant knights stood sentinel. 

Whispers of wonder and awe rippled through the crowd, mingling with the nervous energy that crackled beneath the surface.

"Whoa, are these knights even human anymore? They are so huge!?"

"Well, the lord never claimed that these knights are human. Though the last time I saw them, they weren't this big" 

"Sir Rudolf had told us not to approach them casually, or else to anger the Lord"

"Yeah, but I can't help but be in awe. Such a giant knight, it seems that our territory is blessed to be peaceful under their care"

"Yeah, we don't have to fight for food anymore unlike our past world. From time to time, I would see blinding light appear in the storage building, and a new batch of food would appear"

"The Lord had given them for us to eat, we should be thankful and do our task dutifully"

The townspeople talked leisurely while doing their task, casting several glances toward the place where these giant sentinels are stationed within the territory.

In the distance, the giant knights loomed like ancient titans, their colossal forms towering over the landscape with an aura of solemn majesty.

 Each knight stood as still as the mountains, their massive frames adorned in gleaming armor that caught the fading light in shards of brilliance. 

The townspeople couldn't help but feel a shiver of awe running down their spines at the sight of these silent guardians.

As Liam's command echoed through the air, carried on the gentle breeze like an ancient prophecy, the knights stirred from their motionless state.

With a slow, deliberate grace that belied their immense size, they began to move, their heavy footfalls reverberating through the earth like distant thunder. 

Each step sent ripples through the gathered crowd, who watched with bated breath.

The knights moved with a ponderous weightiness, their armor clanking and creaking with each measured stride. It was as if the very earth itself groaned beneath the burden of their presence, bowing under the weight of their ancient power. 

The air was filled with the scent of metal and dust, mingled with the earthy aroma of the surrounding countryside, creating a heady atmosphere that seemed to pulse with raw energy.

As the knights made their way towards the edge of the territory, the townspeople couldn't tear their gaze away, transfixed by the sight unfolding before them. 

Some whispered prayers for protection, while others stood in silent reverence, their hearts pounding in their chests. 

It was a moment of unparalleled awe, a glimpse into a world beyond the mundane, where giants walked among mortals.

The townspeople watched as the knights disappeared into the distance, their massive forms slowly fading into the twilight. 

And yet, the memory of their presence lingered like a haunting echo, a reminder of the power and majesty that lay within the borders of their humble town. 

The distance of 23 kilometers might be quite far for a normal human, but for these giant beasts clad in armor with the thickness of a fortress, It was simply a several-minute walk.

The giant knights, their massive forms casting long shadows that stretched across the forest floor, advanced with a purposeful stride toward the cluster of monster camps. 

As they drew closer, the monsters within the camps sensed the impending danger and let out a chorus of blood-curdling roars, their primal instincts warning them of the approaching threat.

14