Chapter 1:
80 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Moments before, his eyes flashed in colors right upon his death. The time seemed to be stopped at this juncture.

The deformed car halted in place under this strange force with those cracked sharp pieces standing still mid-air in front of him.

His eyes widened while discerning this, but he could not move alongside the others.

Except for his thoughts, and at this time, a strange mechanical voice suddenly carved its way into his mind.

[What if everything that you knew of was fake?]

[W-what?]

[What if the truth of your existence lies beyond your death within this world? Would you seek it?]

[W-what utter nonsense is this?!]

Liam yelled in horror within, though his tongue remained motionless as soon enough. A strange suction force enveloped his whole body and his very sight.

It was a moment of darkness, and after several twinkles of his mind, he finally regained his sight.

But instead of a sigh of relief, the sight before him horrified him utterly.

It was a strangely decorated cave interior, and next to him sat a mirror the size of a person at the end of this bed.

And when he looked over it, his face immediately frowned even more than before.

"M-my face!?"

He screamed in horror.

Frantically touching his once handsome face, replaced with feminine skin and the two pure coral-like eyes in both sockets.

To make it even worse, he can't feel the position of his little brother anymore!

"I-it's gone!... It's not there!"

He screamed as he stumbled back onto the bed in fright.

'This should be a horrible dream, right?'

He thought to himself as he tried to grasp his nonexistent little brother in the middle of his crotch.

And before he could even ponder his situation further, a sense of dizziness immediately came into his mind like a hammer being struck down on his head.

Accompanied, it would be a massive surge of memories cruising down into his head like a river.

On the outside, Liam's body halted in its movement for a second, and the next moment, he finally regained his breath as he slumped back onto the bed again.

Sweat slid down from his forehead, and his back was soaked.

"T-this?"

"The original owner of this body... She already died."

Liam fearfully murmured.

Hurriedly crawled back towards the mirror on the side and pulled down the clothes around his neck a little. Revealing a scary, bloody red scar on the right side of his shoulder.

"Hiss... "

Liam took in a mouthful of cold air when he saw this scar.

The flesh around it seemed to be torn off by a sharp weapon. Logically speaking, he shouldn't be alive right now, or even he should be roaring in agony due to the immense pain.

Though... For some reason, he felt no pain from this horrible wound.

"O-odd... Am I a zombie?"

Liam fearfully touched the edge of the wound with his hand while discerning it over the mirror.

"Hiss... Am I dead?"

And as he pondered this, another cold surge of information immediately crammed into his mind.

But instead of being frightened, his mood was instantly calmed down by the sudden flux of the strange energy.

His body immediately entered a state of tranquility, and not long after, he regained his senses from all of the confusion.

"I see... I understand it now."

Liam slowly unfolded his eyes when saying this and continued as he grasped the edge of the pillow on his side.

"The original owner of this body, namely Suryan, sadly enough had passed away due to the massive blood loss from her injuries. "

"And by some strange luck and bizarre existence. I was transported here into this world to re-live inside this body the moment Suryan's soul died... Huh... "

While saying this, Liam's face couldn't help but frown a little when he thought about the logic behind this explanation given by the so-called mysterious system inside his mind.

Sitting on the bed with his hand crossed over his chest, he began to ponder this odd sensation of being unable to refute this logic.

It was as if...

[Host, do not be wary of this forced acceptance state. It was made to ensure a smooth beginning for the host's early uses of this system without freaking out]

Liam's forehead furrowed a little when he thought about it again.

No matter how you think about it, any circumstances right now should be extraordinary and deserve to be yelled at in fear.

However, Liam could only sigh and respond due to the strange state he was currently in.

"Give me a general understanding of your functions first, and I need to know the basic information before going further."

[Host, the basic information regarding this system's uses is already sorted inside the host's mind. Please feel free to read them]

"... "

"Okay"

Several minutes passed, and Liam was sitting leisurely on the edge of his bed with his eyes half closed.

Pondering his current predicament with a little frown on his face.

"I have some bad news and some good news for myself... "

Liam slowly said as he curled his long hair on the side with interest and continued.

"The bad news is that I am in a woman's body and also that the world that I am currently residing in is extremely dangerous. "

"As for the good news... "

Liam stopped twirling the end of his hair and let go of it as he continued his words.

"With the system's function, I can have an easy path to become stronger and stronger with its overpowered features. "

"Though... "

Liam's words halted momentarily when he said this, opening the panel and looking over it carefully.

[Life's trial simulation]

Current simulation life: [Suryan]

Race: [Human]

Aptitude: [Average]

Mental age: [46/189 years old]

Lifespan: [26/109 years old]

Cultivation realm: [Weak state, Qi-Refining realm]

[Author note: cultivation stage goes as Qi-Refining realm, Foundation realm, Spiritual realm, Golden core realm, Nascent soul realm, Heavenly realm]

-For now.

[Aptitude goes as Low, Average, High, and top]

-For now.

Liam's face was filled with smiles and grimaces when he saw this panel.

He had struck the gold pot, but sadly enough, he could only keep it but not use it.

In a way to explain it, his path to becoming stronger would not be without hardship at all, but instead, it would require even more than hardship alone.

And that is...

"Patience and perseverance... "

Liam muttered these two words while rubbing his temple.

Death would be scary since it will involve pain, though he won't have to worry about not being able to continue again in a brand new life after it.

And all it took would be time and extreme patience.

After knowing this, Liam could only accept his current fate and immediately stood up from the bed.

He patted the dust over his old dress and carefully approached the cave entrance.

"The original owner had already died, and this place is a large graveyard consisting of numerous caves to hold dead bodies... "

Liam quietly murmured this as he carefully nudged the door to the side. Peeking through the slight creak of the door's opening, and said.

"If I were to barge out of this place directly, those guards at the entrance would immediately kill me. Even if they won't, I am 100% sure I will be brought back to the higher court and tortured by the sect. "

"The dead should remain among the dead... "

And while he was saying this, he silently memorized the outside scenery for a bit before doing anything else.

It was a relatively damped place with a cold wind blowing about occasionally. Even from his point of view, the grave caves around his area stretched far beyond his sight.

"This place is huge... Too huge for comfort."

Liam's eyes shifted for a moment, and he immediately began to derive a set of plans.

Soon enough, he finally decided with a smile.

"I lack the strength to go out, and no matter what the outcome is, it will be impossible for me to escape death if I were to set foot outside of this cave. "

"So the best option for me right now would be..."

"To remain here and continue cultivating... "

"... "

Liam remained silent momentarily when he said this and continued with an embarrassed look.

"At the very least, I might be able to improve my strength before I die. And retaining it for the next life for a better beginning compared to this... "

Liam smiled wryly.

1