Chapter 1 – Not An Ordinary Day
154 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Lost Super-Hero

Chapter 1 - Not An Ordinary Day

It was an ordinary day in Gold Angel City. An ordinary-looking man is walking across the street, passing a television in a store window with a sign that says Big Discount. The program on the TV was the news. It showed a man who seemed to be flying to save a crashing plane from hitting a populated area. He then passed a newspaper stand with one of the newspaper headlines about an owl man thing spotted in another city at night. When he stops at a red light for pedestrians, a group catches up to him, finding himself in the middle of a group of students on a field trip, flanked on all sides by the kids happily walking around with their friends and enjoying the view and the sounds of the city. They stopped to wait for the crosswalk light to turn green so that they could cross the street to get to their destination. 

A sudden light appeared, and everything came to a halt. A radiant light beneath those people's feet illuminated and intensified until they could no longer see or hear anything. As quickly as it happened, the brightness gradually subsided, and the pedestrians waiting on the sidewalk for the traffic light to turn green were no longer present.

Those people who were standing on the sidewalk a minute ago had suddenly found themselves in a different place after the brightness of that light temporarily blinded them. When their vision cleared, they realized they were standing in a well-lit chamber resembling a large cathedral opening. 

As they looked around, they could see people looking at them. Most of them seemed to be wearing suits of armor, and the others dressed in medieval aristocratic outfits; some looked like medieval priests from movies. Some men approached them, and between them was a beautiful-looking young woman. She looked well-dressed, and the men surrounding her looked like those people who were wearing priestly garments.

The young woman looked at the group with glittering eyes. She was stunning and commanded the room. The male and female students looked at her, mesmerized by her looks.

"Hello, I am Elizabeth, Princess of the Crescent Kingdom. Welcome!" She spoke elegantly.

Everyone was shocked at her words. It sounded both charming and confusing to them. They did not understand what was happening. Most students seemed to understand what was happening and started to mumble to themselves.

I knew it! We have been transported to another world. I have read something similar and seen some shows like this on TV.

The one who spoke was a kid who looked rather good-looking. He seemed sporty but approachable. He seemed to look like the class president and the basketball team captain merged into one if you judge him by his looks.

"We are in a fantasy world. These can’t be real."

The young woman who spoke was as well. She had long black hair and bright green eyes. Her skin was cream-colored, and she wore the same uniform as the boy. They come from the same school.

"That's impossible. We only just arrived here. How are we going to get back?"

The young man who spoke was tall and skinny, though his face seemed more handsome than the girl next to him. He seemed more reserved than the other guy. He had a gentle look.

"Calm down, everyone! We still do not know what is happening."

The one who spoke was a small-looking student. He wore glasses and seemed like the type who would be the first honor or representative.

The princesses and priests observed the group of people as if assessing them. One of the students noticed and tried to initiate a conversation with these strange people.

"I think we should start by introducing ourselves and then work out what happened to us."

The tall and skinny kid spoke again, trying to keep everyone calm. His voice was trying to be soothing and relaxed, but you could still hear some crackle on it. He was nervous, but he was trying hard not to show it.

"Good idea."

The boy who spoke up earlier took a deep breath and began to introduce himself.

"My name is Tom. I am seventeen years old. I come from a small town outside of Gold Angel City. My classmates and I were on our field trip and found ourselves here. Can you explain to us what is happening here?

Tom asked Princess Elizabeth.

"Hello, Tom!” She then gave him a quick bow and continued to speak.  

“I am seventeen as well. As I mentioned earlier, I am the princess of this Kingdom. I came to greet our new heroes. We need your aid to great beings. My kingdom is at war with another nation called the Demon Kingdom Balor led by their Demon King."

Tom was shocked by this information. He had never heard of these people or places before. He wondered how all of them got transported here together. They were in a city one minute, about to cross the street, then the next thing they knew, they were in this place. He could not figure out how it was possible.

"This is just some kind of joke, right? This is just a dream, right? Can someone please tell me the truth?”

He looked around, but the other students were as confused as he was.

The princess then started to introduce the priest around her.

"I am sure this is hard for you to understand, but we desperately need your help. We are at a place called the hero's holy temple. We summon heroes to aid us here. You see, we were trying to find new heroes to help us in the war against the Demon King.

She then looked around the students.

"The Demon King has been attacking our borders for a while now. He has been causing death and destruction wherever his army goes. We are in desperate need of help. We decide to summon heroes to aid us in our time of need. I am here to greet you, our most courageous heroes. My name is Princess Elizabeth, but my friends call me Lizy. On behalf of my kingdom, thank you for your aid.”

Some of the students seemed moved by the story of the princess and wanted to help. Thinking this was like those novels and the games they played. The rest of the students who had doubts were influenced by their classmates who wanted to help and joined them. They seemed to forget about being in a strange place surrounded by people they didn't know.

2