Chapter 02 – Hunger for more
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alex's stomach growled loudly, reminding him that it had been a while since he last ate. B and Alex had been wandering through the forest for what felt like hours, but luckily they hadn't encountered any dangerous creatures on their journey. "Let's take a break in those bushes," B suggested, pointing to a clump of shrubbery off the side of the road. "We still have a ways to go, and I need to rest my legs." As they settled into the bushes, they heard footsteps approaching.

Alex peered through the leaves and saw three people wearing leather armour walking towards them. "They might be bandits," B whispered with caution. "In this world, you can't trust anyone so easily.

Money is everyone's main goal, which is why they pay heavily to form guilds and prepare for guild wars to earn prestige from the imbelions." The group passed by without noticing B and Alex hiding in the bushes, but unfortunately, Alex's stomach betrayed their location with another loud grumble. One of the men heard it and called out for whoever was hiding to reveal themselves.

With trembling legs, Alex emerged from the bushes and nervously greeted the group. Each one of them levels above 20 "Are you a thief?" one of them asked suspiciously. "No, just a traveller passing through," Alex replied. and this is b, I only see just you one of them said oh Alex I only allow you to see me oh. The leader of the group introduced himself I'm Rupert from the Black Horse Guild and these are my companions we are on a quest.

Are we close to the town Alex asked Rupert yes you are not far from the nearest town. However, suddenly they laughed as a level 2 beginner in this zone you will not be able to pass the bridge that leads across the forest to reach the town. One of them a woman was admiring Alex's good looks but underwhelmed by his strength. B revealed to Alex that most young kids start training at an early age and nearly always reach level 15 in their teenage years, but there is one legendary hero known as "The Strongest" who defeated a level 30 minor dragon in his teenage years. This hero is part of the exclusive and Strongest Guild known as the legendary guild, which only accepts members with heroic skills.

B also mentioned that activating rings on their left hand can grant certain abilities, but it is very rare for someone to obtain all five rings. Alex, being a natural at this, could potentially acquire more than 2 at least if he honed his skills. After some more chatting about the guilds and levels in this world,

Rupert and his companions began to make their way towards the same direction Alex had walked from, their laughter echoing after him as he was only level 2. But he was determined to prove them wrong. So he and b continued on the path, undeterred by any obstacles.

As they walked, Alex and b came across a trail of blood on the path. leading to the side of a grassy grove. Alex spotted a wounded beast that looked like a large goat b explained that it was a harmless creature called a Baku it must have been attacked by the group who had passed by us earlier.

Suddenly, his body began to emit a glowing light. monsters its suffering how could they do this? Maybe I should put it out of its misery Alex then unsheathed his blade Alex b said there's an anomaly come again b if you take a point of strength this beast's life will be saved but it's your choice Alex huh

In my world, most people only care about themselves and their gains, but I believe in doing good deeds regardless of personal benefit.

so Alex pushed the button and lost 1 point in strength permanently the beast got up and ran away. Alex began to walk away lets go Alex wait what is it b and the beast came back and bumped into Alex I think it wants to lead you somewhere. okay, Alex said as he then began to follow the beast further off the road and through some shrubs.

huh, what's that Alex saw it was some tropical fruit bushes. very excited Alex asked b if they were safe to eat yes b answered they were natural fruits of Aldoria..The beast then wondered off thank you Alex said and started eating the fruit

hmm, it must have sensed he was hungry b thought well good deeds do reward you I guess immediately you might have chosen the right person although only time will tell.

 

whew I ate like an animal I should carry the rest and be on my way

inventory

banila x5

magnolia x5

Relieves hunger and thirst

Okay b time to head out Alex then followed the path so b I have a question Alex said what are these rings about, b responded knowingly they are gifted to everyone in Aldoria they enhance people's abilities to use skill gems like

elemental rings of fire, water, earth or wind and dark or light

rings of power, stealth and many more they glow on your hands and fingers like luminous lights

someone with a ring of water can use water skill gems and vice versa. you never know which ring you will get but if it's the same the skill of that ring is enhanced.

the first was a woman who had 5 rings and defeated the destroyer at the time but in doing so became corrupted herself and no one knows where she is hiding from the imbelions I doubt as they can imprison her for not being a natural like you Alex. A natural yes those from the natural world there are others like you I see Alex thought to himself

So when does the first ring appear Alex replied every 20 levels and it is random which ring you will get I have faith that a natural ring bearer like you will have the rings you want. Alex gave a sign of relief

look ahead Alex it's the bridge and there's a man, not a lady elf.

0