Paimon’s New Party!
740 6 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(This book is to test my writing skills, since I haven't created a book like this before. I guess the closest would be my Konosuba book.)

The morning sun rises over the sleeping Dragon as Paimon loudly snores on her bed. A shadowed figure looms over the sleeping Paimon, with a creepy smile on its face.

Suddenly Paimon snores and her dark purple cosmic eyes start to open. "Huh, where is Paimon?" Her eyes wander around and she sees the shadow looming over here. She blinks and it's suddenly gone. 

She sits up and blinks a few more times, throwing her tiredness away. She looks around in confusion. "Huh, Paimon thought she saw something?"

Paimon lets out a high pitched yawn as she stretches and hops off her bed. She adjusts the Great Wolf tooth bracelet on her right wrist.

'It's been about a week and a half since Paimon came to this world. Paimon has started to get used to everything, but paimon still not even close to figuring out what the hell she is. I know I'm Paimon, but, not even the gamers of Genshin Impact knew what she was.'

Paimon starts to float up and constellations flow from her. 

'I feel like I won't be able to stay here in Aslely much longer, if I want to discover more about myself... But first breakfast!'

Paimon drools a little as she floats out of the room and down stairs where Kirlen is standing at the counter. He's wearing more simple clothes today, but his long hair is done up in a braid and rests over his shoulder.

Kirlen smiles brightly as he notices Paimon. "Miss Paimon, looks very cute today, I could just pinch your cheeks. Hehehe..."

Paimon deadpans as she stares at the trap elf.

Kirlen just giggles behind his hand as he notices her gaze

Kirlen just giggles behind his hand as he notices her gaze. "Miss Paimon, to looks at me in such a way, I'll get--"

"Just bring Paimon's breakfast."

"Hai hai~" Kirlen heads into the kitchen as Paimon sits down at a nearby open table.

There's a few people in the restaurant today, they all stare at Paimon with fear in they're eyes.

"It's the god of gluttony again!"

"Quickly eat your food! Or she'll get it!"

"How does Kirlen afford to feed her, she eats enough for a family of five!"

Paimon's eyes twitches as she grips the table, tightly, and it cracks. Scaring all the customers and they quickly eat their food and run out of the Inn.

After a few minutes of silence Kirlen arrives at her table, with a massive mountain of food. 

"So what is Miss Paimon gonna do today?" Asks Kirlen as Paimon starts to eat his food.

Paimon shoves an entire loaf of bread into her mouth and chews. "Paimon's thinking about trying to take a real quest today! Paimon's been picking Awione for nearly two weeks!"

Kirlen closes his eyes as he nods. "Well, the guild has been able to make many high-grade positions due to the quality of Awione you've been bringing them and with how many you've gathered. So all in all, you've been a real help to the town lately. But if you're gonna try to take on actual quests, you might have to form a party. Some quests require parties, due to how many monsters there are or how powerful they can be, or just the sheer difficultly of everything."

Kirlen opens his eyes to spot all the food he brought Paimon, to be already eaten. He blinks a few times and yells. "HAAAAH!"

Paimon pats her bell in satisfaction. "A party huh?" She crosses her arms and thinks for several seconds. "Paimon should be able to find a party, right?" She looks at the stunned Kirlen.

Kirlen blinks a few times, before snapping out of his trance and responding. "Of course, Miss Paimon is the cutest thing to exist, so she'll have everyone fanning over her." He grows a smug look as he nods his head. "Yes, I can even see Miss Paimon charming a dragon!"

Paimon sweat drops. "Um, thank you? I don't think I'll go near a dragon anytime soon."

Kirlen doesn't respond as he keeps saying how cute Paimon is, as he smiles to himself. Paimon just gets weirded out and floats out of the Inn.

Paimon floats down the street and many people greet her as she goes.

'At least people treat me very well here, It might be because I'm a fae, and many people fear their magical strength. Though I do feel that it;s because this place is accepting of all races. I hear that only a few kingdoms are like this, where every race lives together in harmony. But other places it Elves with their pride, Humans with their arrogance and superiority complex, and Demi-humans with their hate for humans abusing them.'

Paimon lets out a loud yawn as she slumps over, but continues floating.

'Paimon hears that's the biggest reason why the Kingdom of Elhe Belanore and Yanna are at each other's throats. Elhe Balanore pushes racial quality while Yanna pushes Human superiority. There have been a few boarder disputes the last couple months, and there was one a few days ago. And it was apparently bloody, with losses on both sides. People are calling for war on both sides.'

Felin and Falin pass by Paimon and wave to her, Paimon waves back.

'Luckily the Vophate Dynasty, the territory this town resides in, remains neutral. But the current ruler, Helgin Vophate, is old and sick, so Yanna and its allies might invade just to get the tactical advantage on Elhe Balanore.'

Paimon rubs her temples. "To much going on in Paimon's head..."

'Vophate Dynasty doesn't have a large territory, but they do have lots of mountains full of precious ore and jewels. And the mountains and hills surrounding the kingdom and the flat fields in front of it, make it really easy to defend. The Vophate's have been running this territory for nearly a thousand years, and the people love their rulers.'

A few kids run up to Paimon and talk to her quickly, before running off.

'The Vophate's, from what the stories said, started out as just a young boy, who was twelve, leading a small group of people after. Him, having just been exiled from his home, apparently for having no magic, he and a few servants traveled for weeks until they arrived where the City of Vophite resides today... A twelve year old kid built up a city with just a few people and ruled... That bastard had to be a reincarnater like Paimon! He even had a harem of Demi-humans! That bastards so lucky! He gets cute Demi-humans and rule an entire nation, while I get stuck as a stupid CHILD FAE BODY THAT RESEMBLES AND ACTS LIKE PAIMON!!!!'

Paimon arrives at the guild and looks up at the sign.

'Now, you may be wondering how I know all this, well for the past week and a half I've had, Kedrern, Felin, Fern and Kirlen teach me the history of this world... mainly just this place and the surrounding kingdoms. Actually Kirlen hardly taught me, he just hugged me and patted me the entire time, calling me cute and such... What is wrong with that boy. Evles treat me weirdly. He shouldn't be treating me like that, since I've practically given him two golds worth of patronage... Though I guess the hugs are nice... and the head pats... and the compliments. PAIMON LIKES NICE THINGS, OKAY!!!!'

Paimon floats inside the guild and several people greet her, she just gives a simple hello as she floats over to a board, near the receptionist counter, and looks at the papers on it.

Paimon starts to read over the papers. "'Help me find Mr. Whiskers' 'Collect five Nightshade flowers' 'Take on an orc den?'" Paimon shivers. "'Collect blood crystals'? That's a weird one. 'Take out a goblin den near the Crescent Scar.' Hmmm, but I need a party for that... Hnnn!"

"Umm, Miss Paimon?" Someone calls out. "We heard you needed a party?"

Paimon looks to the side and sees a group of people. The one who called out to here is a man with average height, golden hair and blue eyes. He's wearing leather armor over his chest and arms, but metal boots and knee pads. He has a sword on his bad, with a short sword on his hip.

The second is a shorter girl with white hair, white furred cat ears and tail. She wears a white robe with a short sword and dagger on her hips.

Then is a tall man with plate armor and a large spear in his hands. He has red hair and fiery red eyes.

Then the next one is a mystery to Paimon. They're wearing a furry black cloak with a hood up, hiding their face. They have a bow and quiver on their back, while a dagger on their waist, and seemingly no armor. She can barely make out the small tanned chin underneath the hood.

The golden haired boy steps forward, he's seemingly the leader. "Um, Hi Miss Paimon, I'm Julian, I'm the leader of my party. Um..." He nervously chuckles and taps the tips of his pointer fingers together. "Uh, we'd like to invite you to our party."

"Really?" Paimon raises an eyebrow.

"I know we're all just basic E rank, like you. But, we'd like to invite you anyway, even if it's just for one mission." Julian bows to Paimon.

Paimon sighs. "Paimon guesses she could join, but if she doesn't like you guys, Paimon will leave."

Julian smiles and nods. "Alright. Let me reintroduce myself." he does a little bow to Paimon. "I am Julian, a Swordfighter."

The cat girl sets up next and curtsies. "I am Demai, I'm a Thief."

The spear man smugly smiles. "I'm Rein, I'm a Lancer." 

Then the mysteries cloaked figure speaks in a low tone. "I'm Teina... A Sniper..."

Julian then points behind Paimon. "That's Albuis, he doesn't speak much. he's a Crusader."

Paimon looks behind her and her eyes widen in shock. 

Behind Paimon is a very, very tall man. He has dark tanned skin. A shinny bald head, brown eyes. He has a large shield and club on his back. He wears large metal armor that just covers his chest, wrists and knees and feet. But what's not covered is just pure muscle. 

He stares down at Paimon with a fierce look as he hums. Paimon gasps in shock. But then he smiles and gives a thumbs up.

'This dudes built like a Goliath from D&D!' Paimon shouts in her head. She clears her throat and looks at the party. "Paimon is Paimon, she's an Arch Wizard. Nice to meet you!" She smiles.

Everyone smiles, but Albuis, who gives another thumbs up with a fierce look on his face

Everyone smiles, but Albuis, who gives another thumbs up with a fierce look on his face. Teina just glances away.

Julian speaks up. "It's nice to have you aboard Miss Paimon! We've accepted two quests today."

"Two?" Paimon tilts her head.

Julian nods his head. "Yup, one's a Goblin subjugation quest and the other is to collect blood crystals. They're both near each other, so we thought we could do it."

Demai nods along with Julian. "We hope that these two quests will give us enough money to stop at a store and buy some new gear, a lot of our equipment is starting to breakdown... We spent the last of our funds... buying dinner a couple days ago."

Paimon raises an eyebrow. "Really?"

Everyone looks away from embarrassment. 

"We were traveling to Aslely by foot from Greenlund, which is supposed to be only a three day trip by foot." Rein starts. "But we uh... got attacked by bandits and lost a lot of our stuff."

The party grows depressed.

Julian then talks. "So what was supposed to be three days, lasted six days and we ate all our food and lost a lot of money. So when we arrived, having not ate in two days, we kinda went all out."

"I never ate so much food in my life..." Teina whispers.

Albuis pats Teina back and nods along with her.

"So, we're gonna take on both quests, because we should earn about sixty silver in total, which can be evenly split among the six of us!" Julian smiles

Paimon nods. 'Paimon could use the funds... She only has about 15 silver and 130 copper... Paimon spent all her funds on food and lodge at Kirlen's Inn...' She then clears her throat. "Well, let's go on an adventure!"

Paimon throws her hand up and so does everyone else, minus Teina. "Yeah!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

02-19-2024

2100 words

40