Paimon’s Day in Town
519 1 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Paimon grunts in her sleep and grits her teeth as the morning sun rises. A shadow looms over her.

"You can't kill me! I'm-- I'M NEEDED! .̵̧̼͕̤̈.̸̱̳̗̃̓̃̈̍̈.̵̨̝̮͉̹̻̤͍̀̄͐̋̅̄̚͜.̷̛̙͕̐̀̆̔̑̚.̶͓͎̖̜̦̫̙̟̆̿̓̒"

.̸̪̰́̈́̽͛̎̒̑͘͝.̸̫͂͂̈́̔.̷̭͖͇̜̩̝̳͐͐̏̅.̸̬̳͕̺̰̻͙̔͝ͅ.̵̥̠͖̜͈͎̩̟̈́̌.̷̟̼̭͙͒ͅ.̷̛̹͎̯̖̮̟͕͌͐̏͒̔̄͝.̴̙̻̩͈͈͍̥͔̑̌̃̎̈́͠.̴̮͖͉̄̇̀̓̐̊.̶͎͙͓͚̠͊.̶̧͎̞͓͉̖̬͗̏̈́̈́̋͝͝.̷̡̺͔̯͍̟͇̠̓

A feminine chuckle is heard. "I've run out of use for you... .̵̧̼͕̤̈.̸̱̳̗̃̓̃̈̍̈.̵̨̝̮͉̹̻̤͍̀̄͐̋̅̄̚͜.̷̛̙͕̐̀̆̔̑̚.̶͓͎̖̜̦̫̙̟̆̿̓̒" Hehe, you're just... useless."

Paimon shoots up as she puts a hand over her heart. Sweat falls down her head as she tries to get her breath. After a few seconds she notices the shadow over her and she looks up to see her Daedream, Nemuri floating above her.

Nemuri smiles with closed eyes and gives a happy cry.

"Yeah, good morning to you..." Paimon puts a hand on her head. 'What was that dream? It felt so real... Ugh, this world is messing with Paimon's head.'

"Did you sleep well." A voice calls out, making Paimon shriek in panic.

Paimon looks over to see Teina kneels by the fire as they move some logs with a stick. There's the body of a Great Wolf behind them.

"You seemed like you had a nightmare, I wondered if it was because of that Daedream..." Teina mutters the last half.

"Paimon... Paimon just had a weird dream." Paimon informs as she rubs the Great Wolf tooth bracelet on her right wrist. "She doesn't want to talk about it."

"Hmm, okay." Teina pulls out a knife from under her cloak and starts to cut up the Great Wolf.

Paimon looks around the camp and sees the others still asleep. Julian and Demai are cuddling together in their sleep. Rein snores loudly as some drool falls from his mouth.

Nemuri lets out a cry and Paimon turns to her. The beast smiles as it puts a hand on its chin. Paimon chuckles and starts to pet the creature. But then she notices a leather collar, that has a four pointed star on the front, around her neck.

"Nemuri, what's this?" Paimon questions and Nemuri just lets out a happy cry, making Paimon deadpan. "Paimon doesn't understand."

Nemuri floats a few meters away and lets out a cry to Paimon.

"Nemuri, Paimon doesn't speak... Daedream."

Nemuri deadpans and shakes her head while letting out a cry. But then just smiles as she puts a hand on her chin. Nemuri gives a happy cry as it stares at Paimon.

'What does she want Paimon to do?' Paimon questions, and something in her shadow stirs and Paimon's eyes slightly dull as she holds a hand out. "Come to me."

Paimon's eyes return to normal as Nemuri disappears in blue particles, causing her to gasp in shock. Only to gasp in surprise as Nemuir appears in front of her in blue particles.

"Wow!" Paimon shouts. "That's so cool!"

"What just happened?" Teina whispers to herself.

Rein snorts away and shoots up. "I didn't wet the bed!" He blinks a few times and realizes where he is.

Paimon's cheeks puff out, and points as she laughs at Rein. Rein grows a large blush.

"Shut up!" Rein yells.

Albuis grunts as his eyes open, he rubs his eyes and stands up. Stretching out and flexing his massive muscles. He lets out a few grunts and cracks his joints and neck.

He sits back down and lets out a grunt to Teina.

Teina shakes theur head. "No, I got this." She sets the meat on some rocks right beside the fire.

Albuis gives her a thumbs up and crosses his arms.

Julian and Demai finally wake up, they both look around in confusion, before noticing how close they are to each other. The two lets out cries of shock and zoom away from each other with blushes on their faces.

Nemuri and Paimon glance at each other before looking back at Demai and Julian. Those two has steam coming off their red faces as they gather their gear.

Paimon watches Demai put on her hidden blade gauntlet.

'It feels weird that there is stuff from Paimon's old world here...' Paimon says in thought. 'Just how many people have been reincarnated in this world?'

Everyone gets their gear on and Teina calls out to them.

"Breakfast is ready."

Everyone smiles as Teina gives everyone some meet.

Everyone smiles as Teina gives everyone some meet

Rein starts to cry. "It may be bland, but its soooo good!"

"I never want to go hungry again!" Demai bites into the meat.

Paimon hands some meat to Nemuri, which she happily accepts. Everyone swiftly eats their meal and break down camp.

Teina skins the Great Wolf and takes its teeth out. "We can make a little extra with this."

Julian gives his friend a thumbs up. "Good work, Teina!"

Teina just nods as they strap the rolled up pelt onto the back of their hip, and sets the teeth into a pouch.

Julian straps his sword onto his back, and his short sword onto his hip. "Okay, everyone, let's set out. Aslely is a few hours from here."

"Right." Everyone nods.

Paimon hops into the air and starts floating, constellations flow out from her. Everyone heads out.

"Miss Paimon." Demai calls out. "Is it a good idea to be floating all the time, doesn't that use mana?"

Paimon nods. "Yeah, but Paimon hasn't run out of mana before, so she must have a lot."

"Wow! As expected of an Arch Wizard." Demai's eyes gain stars.

Rein deadpans. "Is it really that amazing." Demai swiftly nods, while Rein sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose. "It's just some simple magic that doesn't take that much mana."

Teina speaks up. "You're just jealous since your class doesn't have that many magic skills."

Rein grows red and points at Teina. "Quiet you! It's not like you have any magic!"

Teina just remains quiet as she keeps to the back of the group.

.

.

The party arrives back at Aslely and the guards stare at them, mainly the Daedream following the group.

"What is that thing?"

"It looks slightly like a demon."

"It doesn't seem hostile."

"I bet this is Miss Paimon's doing. The past two weeks have been really weird since she came here."

Paimon's eye twitches as she listens to the guards talk about her.

The party walks through the town, with people staring at the strange creature following them.

They arrive at the guild and Fern greets them and they turn in the goblin subjugation quest by turning in their ears. Then they turn in the Blood Crystal quest by Paimon just putting all the crystals in the middle of the room, everyone stares at the massive pile in shock.

Paimon has a smug look as she puts her hands on her hips.

"Oh, good work Miss Paimon." Kedrern walks into the guild.

"At this rate, you'll be able to rank up in no time!" Fern informs.

"Oh, that brings more money, which means more food right?!" Paimon asks as she zooms up to Fern, which the Harpy girl just nods.

The Guild Leader, Lillian walks down stairs and notices the party, then notices the Daedream. Fear runs through her eyes as she sweats. She stomps down to Kedrern.

"What's wrong-" Kedrern starts, but Lillian just grabs his collar and drags him upstairs and into her office.

Everyone grows confused and looks at Nemuri, who just has a look of confusion as she floats next to Paimon.

"That was weird." Rein states.

"Yeah, um..." Julian turns to Fern. "Can we get out reward now?"

Fern snaps out of her confusion and snaps back to reality. "Uh... Yes."

Upstairs Lillian is looking out a window as sweat pours down her brow and she bits on her pointer finger.

"Why does she have that beast!" Lillian questions.

"A Daedream?" Kedrern raises an eyebrow. "Weren't they hunted to extinction?"

"Yes, I remember them being hunted out when I was a kid... But how is one here?!"

"Isn't it good that a once thought extinct species is back? They aren't that dangerous."

Lillian turns around and shouts. "They're very dangerous. They put those it is interested in to sleep and shows them an endless stream of happy dreams. Those who fall under its spell are never to wake until death takes them." She bits on a finger nail.

"But Miss Paimon and her party seem to have tamed it. So I don't think it will go terrorizing your town."

Lillian breaks her nail. "That's not what I'm worried about, Daedreams was a symbol of her. Could she be coming back?! That's impossible though, I was told she died!"

"Lillian what are you talking about?"

Lillian sighs. "Nothing, can you leave me."

Kedrern deadpans as he stares at the Elf beauty. "You drags me in here, only for me to leave?"

"Kedrern, leave." Lillian orders.

Kedrern stays silent for a few moments, before standing up and bowing. "Yes, ma'am."

Kedrern heads out of the room as Lillian sits down at her desk.

The Guild Master bites on her nail on her thumb. 'Is she coming back? No... I could be over thinking. But is that Faerie one of her disciples? Could she be trying to revive her mistress with that Daedream? Is her cuteness a facade?'

Lillian starts to panic as her hands find the way to the side of her head.

'Should I tell my higher ups?! If I do, it could ruin all the work I've been doing here for the last thousand years... Shit...'

Lillian's chest heaves up and down and she bites on her thumb hard.

'What should I do, if Paimon is actually her disciple and is trying to bring her bad, this could spell doom for the world...'

The Elf bites so hard on her thumb, that it starts to bleed. She tenses and looks at her thumb, watching the red blood with a shimmer of golden, rub down her thumb.

Lillian sighs as wipes the blood away with a handkerchief.

"I'm just over thinking it... But if she is a danger, Paimon can't stay here. I can't get rid of her, but I could send here away."

Lillian leans back in her chair.

"Kedrern needs to head to Kalsine to drop off some goods, I should send Paimon with them... Hmm, a Guild request. Perfect."

Back outside the Guild the party is following Paimon.

'We earned a total of 120 silver, which was double what was the original reward. We received so much more because of how many crystals we brought back. Paimon is so great.'

The party arrives at the Inn and they look up at it.

"'The Sleeping Dragon?'" Rein reads the name.

"I hope it's better than the last Inn we went too." Julian says with hope.

Demai shivers. "Those beds we're so uncomfortable."

Albuis gains a serious look and nods with Demai.

"The food was terrible." Adds Rein.

Everyone nods.

Paimon turns to her party, Nemuri looks around in amazement. "Don't worry, this place is amazing! Really fluffy beds and food to die for!"

Julian, Rein and Demai all drool as they daydream about food. A bit of drool falls from Albuis' mouth.

The door to the Inn opens and Kirlen pokes his head out and smiles. "Miss Paimon, you've returned!"

Paimon waves. "Hi, Kirlen!"

Rein smiles. "Paimon, why don't you introduce us to your nice lady friend here."

Kirlen blushes and giggles behind his hand.

"Um, this is Kirlen, the owner of the inn and-"

Rein steps forward and grabs Kirlen's hand. "My name's Rein, it's nice to meet you my lady." he winks.

"Kyaaa!" Kirlen puts his hands on the side of his face as he blushes.

"Um... Rein, Kirlen's a man." Paimon informs.

Rein goes pale as he freezes in shock. Kirlen grows shy.

"What a nice young man..." The tips of Kirlen's ears burn.

Rein falls over and his soul leaves his body. "A... man...."

"Don't leave us, Rein!" Demai yells as she kneels down to him.

Julian kneels down. "Yeah, we need you!"

"You make great bait!"

"Yeah, who else is gonna keep the monsters off us?!"

Rein shoots up and yells at his two friends. "What do you mean, bait?!"

Teina sighs as she watches everything and just heads inside. Albuis gives a deep chuckle.

Paimon turns to the Elf. "Kirlen, how much for all of us to get a room and food?"

Kirlen puts a hand on his chin. "It'd be 6 silver and about 30 copper." He smiles and does a slight cute pose as he leans towards Paimon. "But since you're a friend, I can give you it for 4 silver and 50 copper."

Paimon grows a large smile. "Thank you, Kirlen, you're the best!"

"Kya!" Kirlen grabs Paimon and hugs her tightly. "Your sooooo cute!"

Paimon struggles in Kirlen's grasp. "Unhand Paimon! Hng, why are you so strong, yet so soft!"

.

.

The party all holds their stomachs as they sit at a table with a mountain of empty plates.

Rein groans. "Oh, I ate to much again, but that was so good."

Demai slams her head onto the table, making a couple wooden plates fall onto her head. "Uuhhhhhggg...."

Julian sips on a mead. "Oh, Kirlen your food is the best!"

Kirlen, who's at the counter, smiles brightly. "Thank you patron!"

Albuis wipes the corners of his mouth with a napkin, which is tiny in his hands. Then then sets it down and pats his stomach.

Teina calmly is still eating. "This is some of the best food, I've ever had..." They whispers.

Paimon, sharing a seat with Nemuri, lets out a loud burp and everyone looks at her.

"What?" Paimon raises an eyebrow.

"That's so unlady like." Demai states.

The other patrons around the restaurant start to mutter. "She really is the god of gluttony."

"How can someone so small eat so much?"

"How can she afford all that?"

"She eats more than anyone can in a life time."

Julian sits up. "We should head to a shop and get some new gear, and repair some of our stuff."

"Good idea." Demai holds up her right hand. "My blade could use a bit of sharpening."

"I need to stock up on arrows." Teina speaks.

Julian slams a fist into his open palm. "Then it's settled, lets head to the merchant shop, then the blacksmith!"

"Oh, Paimon knows a merchant!" Paimon throws a hand up.

"Oh, really?" Rein raises an eyebrow.

"Do you not believe Paimon?! She knows lots of people!"

Rein just sweat drops as he looks to the side.

A few minutes later the party stands outside a large shop called "A Blade of Hope."

"Who names their store that, it sounds like a blacksmiths shop." Rein states.

Demai elbows Rein. "Stop being so negative." The party heads in leaving Rein behind.

"'Stop BeiNg sO nEgitiVE'." Rein mocks Demai before heading in.

The party looks around the store, seeing all kinds of items from potions, swords, knives, rations, pouches and packs.

"Woah..." Everyone admires the store.

Kedrern walks out from the back of the store, a box in his hand. "Oh, hello." He sees Paimon. "Hello, Miss Paimon, bring your friends here to shop?"

Paimon nods. "Yeah, we need some supplies."

Kedrern nods. "Alright, one the first floor is my cheaper items and on the second floor is the more expensive, higher quality items." He points to some stairs leading up.

Everyone starts to look around.

Paimon floats up to Kedrern. "Paimon suggests we make a trade to get a 15% discount." She says with a smug face.

Kedrern raises an eyebrow. "What do you have to trade."

Paimon smirks as a blood crystal appears in her hand. It's a rather large crystal. "Paimon has 15 of these Blood Crystals about the same size... She can give you them all if you let us have a discount."

"I thought you were supposed to give all of them to the guild?"

"They weren't notified of how many we have, so they don't know I have these."

Kedrern smirks. "You slay Fae... I like your game."

Paimon chuckles. "So what do you say?"

Kedrern chuckles. "I agree to your terms."

The two evilly chuckle as Paimon starts handing the old man the Blood Crystals.

Julian notices the situation. "Paimon, you were supposed to give those all to the guild."

"Ah... Eto... Bleh." Paimon sticks her tounge out as she does a cute pose.

" Paimon sticks her tounge out as she does a cute pose

Julian deadpans and sighs.

"Hey, Paimon got us a discount!" She informs.

Julian then glances away. "I guess I can over look this."

Paimon smirks. "Paimon is the best."

Nemuri gives a happy cry.

The party spends an hour perusing the store and gathering items. And after that they leave the store. Julian is wearing some chain-mail under his leather.

Demai's wearing a little more leather armor now. Albuis has a large pack on his right hip now.

"Wow, all these supplies for only one gold and a few silver." Julian says in amazement.

"Now let's head to the blacksmith." Demai calls out.

"Yeah, I just noticed my bow string is starting to fall apart." Teina holds their bow in front of them, looking over their it.

Albuis grabs his shield off his back and shows all the dents in the wood.

Rein turns to Paimon. "Maybe we should get some armor and a weapon for you, Miss Paimon."

Paimon shakes her head. "Paimon doesn't need a weapon or armor, she's really tough and has good magic!"

Nemuri nods and lets out a cry.

"Still, I recommend some armor." Julian says.

Paimon shakes her head. "No, Paimon needs to be as light as she can to fly and dodge."

Demai then speaks. "But-" Paimon glares at her. "Okay." Her ears fold down.

"Let's just head to the blacksmith." Teina speaks up.

"Right, let's go." Julian leads the party.

.

.

Night falls onto Aslely and the party arrives back at the Inn.

"It's so nice to have new equipment and sharpen weapons." Demai smiles as her tail sways behind her.

They head inside and way to Kirlen, who's behind the counter, and he waves back with a smile.

The party heads upstairs and they open a door, revealing a large room with six beds.

Demai steps forward with a longing look. "They looks so soft." She lays on the bed face first. "Mmmm, it's so... soft." She goes still as lays limp.

"I think she feel asleep." Julian observes.

Rein walks into the room and sits on a bed, letting out a groan. "I don't blame her, this bed is really nice." He starts taking off his equipment.

Teina steps in and sits on a bed, letting out a quiet sigh. Albuis walks to a bed and stares at it for a few seconds, then lays on it. The bed groans under his weight and he starts up at the ceiling. Then gives a big smile with a happy face.

Julian turns to Paimon. "Are you gonna sleep in here, Miss Paimon?"

Paimon shakes her head. "No, Paimon has her own room so she'll sleep there."

Nemuri looks around the hallway, floating back and fourth.

Julian nods. "OKay, well, thank you for helping us with the quest. And... would you be willing to join our party as a full time member?"

Paimon puts a hand on her chin. 'Paimon doesn't really want to be alone in this world, and they do seem like a fun bunch of kids. So I guess she'll stay' Paimon nods. "Paimon guesses she can join, she likes you all."

Julian grows a large happy smile. "Thank you!" He bows to her. "We won't let you down."

Paimon waves her hand. "Yeah, yeah. Go to bed, so we can get to working tomorrow."

"Okay, have a goodnight, Miss Paimon!"

"You too!"

Julian closes the door and Paimon heads to her own room.

Paimon enters her room and floats over to her bed and sits. "These past two days were really fun. Paimon loves this world!" She lets out a yawn and stretches. "Have a good night, Nemuri."

Nemuri gives a happy cry as she smiles.

Paimon blows out the candle next to her bed and lays down, her cosmic eyes staring up to the ceiling as moonlight shines through the window.

Paimon sighs. "Paimon hopes we go on amazing adventures!" Her eyes grow droopy and she soon falls asleep.

Nemuri floats around the room, looking at random things around the room, until she notices something near Paimon.

A shadowy figure forms out of the shadows and stands over the sleeping Paimon, with a creepy smile. Nemuri gives a confused cry and the figure seems to tense.

The shadow looks back and spots Nemuri, and its white eyes widen. Nemuri gives a smile and floats over.

The figure holds a shadow hand out and puts it on Nemuri's head. The Daedream smiles with closed eyes and gives a quiet happy cry. The creepy smile turns to a happy one.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

02-21-2024

3330 words

32