Paimon’s Arrival in Greendale
354 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Paimon leans out the back of the moving carriage as she looks out with a bored look. She props her head with her hand. Sunlight shines off her two hairpins. Nemuri flies high in the sky above the carriage with a happy look.

Behind her the party is mostly asleep, but Teina, who is in the back on top of a box with her arms crossed. Demai and Julian are leaning against each other as they sleep. Rein leans against Albuis as the Lancer drools.

'It's been a long 3 days since we left the Village of Fumel.' Paimon narrates her thoughts. 'Nothing's happened in those three days... So boring, Paimon wants to punch someone... No, Paimon is not sadistic! Why do these thoughts keep coming to Paimon's head? Ever since we left Aslely, they've been growing more and more.'

Paimon lets out a bored groan as Paimon looks at her Partner in the sky. 

'Ugh, this world and body gives Paimon a headache... Haaaaaa, it's been a month and a half since Paimon's come to this world... Pai- I've actually have had a lot of fun, who knew coming to a new world could be so awesome...'

The carriage hits a rock and Paimon's elbow slips, sending Paimon's face onto the bottom of the carriage. Paimon lets out some hisses as she rubs the red mark on her forehead. 

Nemuri lets out a chortle and Paimon glares at the flying Daedream. The creature floats down and sits on top of the carriage. 

'But we should be arriving at Greendale today. Oh, Paimon can't wait, we should be staying there for a while. Paimon wonders what we'll do after that?' She sighs. 'Probably more carriage rides.'

Rein snorts away and he notices he's leaning on a sleeping Albuis. He swiftly shoots up and rubs the drool off his face.

Rein lets out a yawn and rubs his face. "How much longer?"

"We should be there within the hour." Teina informs.

"Finally, then we'll be able to actually have a good rest. Fumel wasn't bad, but that was hardly a rest, since we had to deal with those Bandits."

"At least we were rewarded." Paimon looks up to the sky.

"Mostly you." Rein mutters. 

Paimon gives Rein a smug look. "Not my fault people treat the Fae like gods."

"You abused that!" Rein's eyes turn white in anger as a tick mark appears on his head.

"Is it wrong for a girl to want to be pampered?"

Rein glares at the Faerie. "You made them feed you by hand! And you hogged all the food!"

Paimon just gives him a smug look.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f6430656f734c675a662d47545f413d3d2d313432353731363736362e3137623666333466656266376233343735323831313335383438362e6a7067

Rein grits his teeth in anger. Albuis grunts as he wakes up and blinks his brown eyes. He rubs his eyes and looks to Teina.

"We're nearly there." Teina informs.

Albuis nods and crosses his arms. Julian and Demai slowly wake up and stop leaning on each other. They rub their eyes and stretch their bodies.

A soft breeze blows into the carriage.

Kedrern's voice is heard. "Hey, we're just about there, so be ready!"

"On it." Julian replies with a yawn.

Nemuri floats into the back of the carriage and sits beside Paimon, hugging the child-like Faerie. Paimon pats the Daedream on the head, and the beast lets out a happy cry.

The carriage soon comes to a stop and everyone hops out. Paimon floats out and looks up at the large stone wall in front of her.

"Woah..." Paimon mutters in amazement.

Rein cracks his back. "Ahhhh~ That felt good."

Demai stretches and rubs her ears. "Finally, Greendale. I've heard so many things about this city."

"The hot springs!" Julian's eyes shine like stars.

Kedrern walks up to the two guards at the open gate.

"Kedrern!" A middle aged looking male guard walks up to the merchant. "Didn't think you'd be out this way for a few more months." He holds his hand out.

Kedrern grabs the guards hand. "I wasn't going to be, but Guild Master Lillian sent me here to deliver a letter to the Duke."

The man raises an eyebrow. "From Lillian, that's kinda odd. Well, don't let me keep you, head on it."

"Thank you, Brenard." Kedrern snaps his fingers as he walks into the city, Bneli follows after her master.

The party follows after Kedrern and steps into the city. Their eyes all widen in awe.

Greendale is a massive town, easily four times the size of Aslely. It's built on top of a massive hill, with the Duke's manor at the top. A waterfall goes down the front of the hill, and travels down to the bottom, providing a ring of water around the hill.

"This place is huge!" Paimon shouts.

Kedrern looks back at the group. "We'll stop by the inn and drop off Bneli, before we'll head up the hill."

"Hai!" Everyone responds.

Everyone heads towards the Inn, the people of the city stare at Nemuri as they pass.

.

.

The party and Kedrern stand outside the manor's closed gates.

"Strange." Kedrern mutters as he looks at the closed gates.

"Something wrong, old-man?" Paimon asks.

"Malird usually doesn't have the gate closed." Kedrern mutters.

The doors to the Manor open and an old man wearing green steel armor walks out.

"Kedrern!" The old-man smiles.

"Vinfel!" Kedrern grows a bright smile.

Vinfel walks over to the gate and opens it up, just enough foe someone to walk though. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to deliver a letter to the Duke." Kedrern pulls the letter out from his shirt.

Vinfel reaches for the letter. "Aww, thank you, I'll deliver it to him."

Kedrern pulls the letter back just before Vinfel grabs it. "I have to give it to him personally."

Vinfel sighs. "I can't let you in, the Duke's in a meeting."

"With who?" Kedrern raises an eyebrow.

"A Noble man named Habriel Varhmiel. And this is an important meeting and I can't let you in."

"Why?" Paimon speaks up. "It's just a meeting, we can just come inside and wait for it to finish."

"I agree with Emergency Food." Rein speaks up.

"Hey!"

Vinfel sighs. "The Duke instructed me to not let anyone in the manor while that man is here."

"Vinfel, this is a letter from Lillian, and I have to give it to him personally." Kedrern starts. "Do you want to be the one to tell Lillian that you didn't let me give it to Duke Numbred?"

Vinfel sweats. "No... Okay look, if the Duke gets angry at me, I'm coming for your ass."

Kedrern laughs. "Fine, fine."

Vinfel opens the gate more and lets everyone inside. He then points to Nemuri. "Better keep that thing in check."

Nemuri gives Vinfel an offended look.

"It's not a thing." Paimon says through gritted teeth. "She's Nemuri." She glares at Vinfel.

Veinfel sweats more and nods as he looks at Kedrern. "You do keep interesting company, Kedrern."

Kedrern just laughs as he and the party head inside. Vinfel quickly closes the gate and moves past the group and opens the large doors.

Everyone heads inside as Vinfel leads them upstairs and into a large room with a pair of double doors.

"Wait here, the Duke should be done with the meeting soon." Vinfel orders as he walks out of the room.

Rein sits on the fluffy couch and sighs in relief. "Ah, so soft."

Julian looks out a nearby window. "I heard the Duke has a daughter with extraordinary magic, I wonder where she is?"

"She's extremely sick right now." Kedrern informs. "So I don't think you'll see her anytime soon."

Julian just nods at the answer. 

Paimon floats around the room and looks at various paintings. She stops at a large painting of a female in a white robe with green hair and a white bandage around her eyes. She has a soft smile on her face as her hands are clasped together.

Paimon tilts her head as her cosmic eyes stare at the painting. She narrows her eyes at the female in the painting, when she gets startled by Nemuri letting out a questioned cry.

"Geez, don't scare Paimon like that!" Paimon complains. 

Nemuri just smiles.

"We'll talk later, Duke." Someone walks out of the room and everyone turns to them.

A tall man with golden eyes and white hair walks out of the office. He's wearing a suit with a lavish cloak on his back.

"Okay, Sir Varhmiel." Duke Numbred's voice is heard.

Varhmiel notices the party and gives a smile. "Oh, visitors... I didn't think you were getting any, Duke."

"Visitors?" Malird walks out of the office and spots the party with Kedrern. "Kedrern... I didn't expect you so soon."

Kedrern walks over to Malird and grabs his shoulder. "Let's talk in your office."

Malird is silent for a few seconds, before nodding. "Yeah."

The two walk into the office and shut the door.

Varhmiel smiles to the group. "Have a good stay in Greendale." he walks off, and as he disappears a scowl appears on his face.

Paimon's eyes stared off at where Varhmiel went. Rage suddenly bubbles up in her, which greatly confuses her.

"He gives me an uncomfortable feeling." Demai shivers.

"So I wasn't the only one?" Rein asks as he rubs his head.

"He gives a strange aura." Teina mutters, and Albuis nods in agreement.

"We should keep an eye on him." Julian mutters to his party.

'Who was that man?' Paimon then looks back at the painting, her rage swiftly disappearing. 

Inside the office Malrid reads the letter that Kedrern had. He has a hand on his chin as his eyes study the letter.

Malrid then sighs. "This is troubling."

Kedrern nods. "Do you have the second letter?"

Malird walks over to his desk and opens a drawer. He takes out some papers and lifts up the bottom of the drawer to reveal a secret compartment, with a letter.

Malrid grabs the letter before putting everything back to normal. He walks over to Kedrern. "Remember, Princess' eyes only."

Kedrern grabs the letter and puts it in his shirt. "I know, you can trust me."

Malrid sighs. "You've done so much for this kingdom, honestly I don't know why you don't just settle down and take a title of nobility."

Kedrern gives him a smile. "The wife and kid don't like to stay still, so it's kinda hard to."

"Speaking of them, where are they at?"

"Taking the kid to see where she grew up." Kedrern then grows serious. "Who was that man, Malrid?"

"Just... an acquaintance." Malrid glances away. "He's helping me find a cure for my daughter."

Kedrern narrows his eyes at Malrid. "Malrid."

Malrid just turns to Kedrern with a smile. "Kedrern, trust me."

Kedrern keeps staring at him for a few moments, before sighing. "We'll be in town for a few days before heading off to the Capital."

Malrid nods. "I'll be... here if you need anything."

Kedrern nods and leaves the office, motioning for the party to follow.

The party leaves the manor and head down towards the inn at the bottom of the large hill.

"You all notice that man?" Kedrern asks, and everyone nods. "Keep an eye on him, something is not right about him."

"Yes, sir." Everyone replies and Nemuri gives a nod.

.

.

Paimon lets out a satisfied laugh as she lowers herself onto a hot spring.

"This is heaven..." Paimon mutters.

"It sure is..." Demai lets out a happy sigh as she sits across from Paimon.

The two let out another happy sigh as they close their eyes.

"I've never been to Greendale, but it's famous for its Hot Springs that rejuvenate the body and mind." Demai informs as she rubs her tail. 

"Paimon can feel that..." Paimon grows a chibi look.

Demai looks at Paimon, mainly the scar on the Faerie's chest. "Say, Paimon, where'd you get that scar?"

"Hmmm?" Paimon looks at the scar on her chest, and shrugs her shoulders. "Paimon doesn't know."

Demai deadpans. "You don't know a lot, do you?"

"PAIMON KNOWS A LOT!" Paimon crosses her arms and huffs. "She just doesn't know a lot about herself... Which..." She grows sad. "Make's Paimon sad."

Demai starts to panic and waves her arms around. "It's okay! It's Okay! Don't cry! Don't cry!" She pats Paimon on the head, which calms down the sad Faerie.

Paimon smiles and laughs, the realizes the situation. "Don't pat Paimon with out her permission!"

Demai zooms back to the other side of the spring. "Sorry!" She taps her pointer fingers together, then looks back at Paimon. "That scar does look like it would have been lethal. Since I've seen you have the same one on your back."

Paimon shrugs. "This world has many mysterious, and I'm one of them."

Demai nods. "You sure are a mystery."

"That sounds like an insult." Paimon narrows her eyes at the cat-kin.

Demai nervously chuckles and waves her hands. "Nope, not at all!"

The two lean back on the rocks and rest.

"It's gonna suck to leave this place in a few days for the Capital." Demai sighs in sadness.

Paimon's world shatters as her eyes snap open. "I FORGOT ABOUT THE CAPITAL!"

.

.

In a dark room only light by one candle on a desk. 

Varhmiel is leaning over the desk with a map on it. He bites on his lip as looks over the map and grabs a pen, crossing off several areas.

"Where! Where! WHERE!" Varhmiel slams his hand on the table. "Where did that bitch , Amare put the Cathedral!" He bites on the tip of the pen.

A pair of purple eyes shine in a dark corner of the room. "Sathariel." A slight monotone female voice echoes around the room.

Varhmiel or, Sathariel tenses as he profusely sweats, and turns to the voice. "You! W-What are you doing h-here." He stammers.

"I've come to check on your progress. Though it seems you haven't gained anything after over a week." The voice then speaks with venom as purple electricity discharges off her body. "It seems we have no use of you now, and you know what that means."

Sathariel waves a hand in defense as he backs away from the female hidden in the corner. "W-W-Wait wait wait! Just give me a little more time, I've narrowed down the areas and I shall have it soon."

The female's purple eyes bear into the man. "You have three days, if you don't find it by them." Purple lightning travels around her body, revealing a purple kimono resembling a yukata. "The goddess has authorized me to eliminate you."

"I-I understand." Sathariel swiftly nods. "I'll have it by them!"

The lighting disappears from the female. "Good." A purple flash goes off and the female disappears. 

Sathariel sighs as he slides down the wall and holds a hand over his heart. He calms his heart and stills his breath. Then he grits his teeth and slams a fist onto the floor.

"I'll show them..." Sathariel stands up and goes back over to the back. "I'll show them once I get the Divine Artifact." 

He circles a cliff on the map.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

02-24-2024

2440 words

21