Prologue – The Day Reality and Fiction Merge
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  It was just an ordinary day: the birds were chirping, the old men were feeding ducks with rye bread, teenagers were vandalising abandoned buildings, businessmen were walking into subway stations hurriedly, and the gorgeous bright orange sun was slowly setting in the distance. Who doesn't like the pink sky left by the sun as it leaves to set for the night?

  However, unbeknownst to them, their sun was not the sun the Earth had billions of years ago: it was now an imitation to keep the humans calm and blithe; to give a fake display that everything was completely normal. The truth was that silently, the world has been distorted, the lines between reality and fiction have become non-existent, and the world will soon come to a prolonged yet peaceful end. 

  8 billion people may sound like a lot of witnesses, but who will notice if only three or four people disappear here and there now and then? Everyone would just disregard them as silly stories made up to fool and scare people. After all, who, but children, believes that ghosts and vampires truly exist? There had been no evidence, and they had been scientifically impossible to even get back up from their graves. Well, they had been right -- until The Void came. 

  Science was altered, and now the question of what's real and what isn't will always be in the minds who have miraculously survived an encounter. They weren't the traditional monsters. No, they were more cunning and threatening than werewolves and phantoms. They were much worse.

  Worst of all, the majority of the world didn't even know that anything had happened to their beautiful planet. 

0