Chapter 50 – Revenge
78 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Melvin gnashed his teeth in hatred as he stood there, unaware of how to proceed, knowing that the man was plenty strong and he might seriously injure Firrol.

He finally used both daggers and stabbed them in the man's exposed hairy thigh, but he didn't stop there. Once he had a strong enough grip, he moved the dagger, trying to tear the man's whole leg.

This time, his efforts proved to be successful. The man loudly screamed in pain and finally, let go as he tumbled back to the other side of the bed. Firrol weakly limped back to where Melvin stood, clearly injured.

Melvin quietly gulped and unconsciously licked his dry lips, the situation wasn't looking good, and he knew that. Although he had the advantage as one of them was an unarmed Archer, and the other was an unarmed injured Warrior, the noise the group had made thus far was pretty big.

Heart loudly thumping at his chest, he locked eyes with the both of them. His hood was already off, so they had a perfect view of his face. From their expressions, Melvin knew that they had recognized him, and this sight made him snigger scornfully.

"Oh, how the tables have turned," He whispered quietly with a smile, enjoying their misery.

The two were both shocked and afraid and what was transpiring was out of their wildest imaginations. However, the woman seemed to quickly understand something after she heard the hushed manner with which their attacker spoke, and so she screamed with all of her might, "HELP!"

Her yell was so loud, that Melvin's eardrums threatened to burst out.

"Fuck," He mumbled under his breath and knew that he had to act now as much as he was dreading to do so.

With another gulp, he jumped on the bed and then lunged at the two.

He easily caught up to the man who seemed somewhat unfocused as he moved with great difficulty.

Both his legs and stomach were stabbed, and they gushed out with a ridiculous amount of blood as he moved.

The woman taking advantage of this situation bolted for the door, but Firrol quickly made a stop to her plans. His transformation began anew, the limits of his body blurred, becoming a pitch-black shadowy monster with no eyes.

Melvin noticed that at the corner of his eyes, and so taking advantage of the man's weakness, he jumped with a kick to his stomach. Though the man managed to block it with his forearms, the force behind it sent him flying backward, obstructed only by the wall.

Melvin's eyes gleamed dangerously, and the moment he finished that kick, he was already charging at the naked woman, with two daggers in hand. Taking her by surprise, he simultaneously moved both daggers and jabbed them into her neck from both sides.

He could feel her body stiffen, and she quickly clutched into his hands with hers, but the force behind her grasp was gradually growing weaker. Not two seconds later, Melvin sensed an increased force in his hands as the woman was no longer able to support her body.

[You have killed a Human Archer(Initiate: Rank 7). You have received 2700 XP]

Melvin's face contorted into a grimace after he witnessed that, and without thinking about it too much he pulled the two daggers resulting in the body falling weakly.

He ran toward the man who had his back leaning against the wall, looking at his approach with tears streaming down his face, "Wait." He pleaded.

Melvin only gulped once again in an attempt to swallow the difficulty of what he was going through, and with a knee, he hit the man in the face. Before his head could even touch the ground, a dagger had already slit open his throat as another fountain of blood gushed out, and his desperate attempt to stop it proved to be useless as a pool of blood slowly gathered underneath him.

[You have killed a Human Archer(Initiate: Rank 8). Team Efffort(84% Contribution), calculating...You have received 2950 XP]

Turning around the man and cat duo glanced at each other, both of their eyes reflecting the myriad emotions they were both going through at that moment.

Unwilling to remain there for too long for a plethora of reasons, Melvin began to rummage through the bedroom, trying to find some money. Firrol, on the other hand, just walked back toward the table and sat there, waiting.

After a few minutes, Melvin finally found a pouch that was filled to the brim with gold coins, and he estimated that it only had 60 maybe.

Just as he was about to continue his search, he heard some noise coming from the door's directions. Gritting his teeth, he brought the pouch with him and put it in his bag, which he subsequently carried in his hand.

"What should we do?" Firrol nervously spoke, fear evident in his eyes as he stared at the door.

"Let's go up," Melvin said, and he began walking toward the door as that's where the stairs leading up were.

Loud knocking sounds thundered through the whole house, and Melvin even felt that if they continued a few more knocks the door would be broken.

Gesturing for the cat to stay still, they gently climbed the stairs leading to a pitch-black darkness.

However, just as they climbed a few stairs, the door was indeed broken, and then a large number of people shouting emerged from it.

Melvin's heart started to beat wildly in his chest, and he did his best to slow down his fast breathing, afraid its sound would reach the others. Firrol quickly advanced, although clearly injured, taking advantage of his silent walk, and Melvin immediately followed behind.

Just as the door of the roof was in front of them, frantic and hurried steps could be heard behind them. Melvin swiftly opened the door handle, and it was immediately opened wildly because of the wind as it crashed against the wall resulting in a booming sound.

"Here!" A voice behind the two echoed, "They are here!"

Firrol bolted toward the roof, and Melvin chased after him with everything that he had. When he reached the first wall, he turned around to see a group of guards in their usual attire following after them. Some of them were clad in iron armors, and others in more light leather guards around their vital parts.

"Shit, run!" Melvin cursed and said to no one in particular as the feline had already dashed away with everything that he got. Even his previous limp seemed to disappear as he soldiered on through it.

Quickly jumping the wall, he followed Firrol with a group of guards behind them.

"Jacob!" One of the guards yelled, shocking Melvin out of his wits. He unconsciously turned around only to see a lone guard gradually gaining on them. In a fit of both fear and hope, he grabbed from the bag one of his flying daggers and threw it toward the man.

However, the throw was rather awkward as it was sent moving around in circles instead of cutting through the air in a straight line.

Roof, after roof, the chase continued. When Melvin turned around once again, he noticed that only a singular guard remained, and he was so close to him that he could see his face.

Light leather armor, short black hair pulled back, and strong thick boots as he ran with a determined gaze.

Noticing that his stamina was drying out, Melvin knew that they had to do something. If Firrol was a bit close, he could have told him about a particular plan he just thought about, but there was a whole building between the two.

With a thud, Melvin landed on another roof, and this time instead of continuing running, he leaned against the wall and did his best to minimize his presence.

His heart was beating loudly in his chest, and soon he began to hear loud thumping steps coming from behind him. In preparation, he brushed his sweaty palms against his cloak, and his tongue unconsciously traced the contours of his lips.

Suddenly, a shadow figure appeared overheard with a big jump.

Melvin gritted his teeth, his eyes cold, and lunged at him. Using both of his hands, he quickly connected them with the man's left thigh in mid-air and pushed him forward.

The great force behind his push made the man's body shift as his head hung low, and the last thing Melvin saw was the man's horrified look before he disappeared into the other side of the wall.

Melvin's face contorted into a scowl of pain and continued chasing after Firrol. However, after he took only a few steps, a deafening sound reverberated behind him.

[You have killed a Human Rogue(Initiate: Rank 9). You have received 4700 XP]
[Congratulations! You have reached Rank 3]
[Legendary Class Stats Assigned: + 3 Wisdom, + 2 Vitality, + 2 Strength, + 2 Agility, + 1 Intelligence, + 1 Charm]

Newfound powers coursed through his body, making him feel both relief and powerful.

He quickly made all of the notifications disappear out of his sight and focused on his escape. Feelings of the previous kill buried deep into his heart.

After he ran a few roofs, he noticed Firrol standing on a tall wall around ten meters to his left.

Witnessing the disappearance of homes in front of him, Melvin knew that they had finally reached the end of this street's row. Already prepared for such a situation, he hurriedly brought out a thick and long coiled light brown rope. He grabbed one of its ends after undoing it and threw it to Firrol.

The first one missed, the second as well, and the third was caught in his left paw. Biting that end, Firrol began retreating back and subsequently carrying Melvin.

Holding tightly to the rope, Melvin's eyes darted in the direction from where they had just run. In the distance, he could discern the faint moving shadows of several guards following.

Remembering the dead one, he thought in an attempt to comfort himself, "If I didn't do that he would have caught up to me here."

He had wasted around a minute or so just undoing the rope, and throwing it to Firrol. If that Rank 9 Rogue was still alive a fight would have been inevitable.

A fight that he knew he had no chance of winning, because not only was the guard stronger, but Melvin was pretty exhausted both mentally and physically.

When his foot stepped above the new roof, the duo continued running after the rope was put into the bag.

"Where should we go now?" Asked Firrol with labored breaths from the side.

Melvin was already thinking about that exact problem. They only had two options, one of them was to stay on the roofs and the other was to go down.

If they wanted to go down, then they had to break the door of a roof, break into a home, and then finally get out of their front door. A plan of action that Melvin knew would be followed by a lot of noise.

Considering both how the guards quickly rushed in previously, and how now they were very close, he dismissed it. If the two of them were in top shape, he could have decided on it, but in their current conditions, it was too risky.

With a thud, he landed on another roof. This time instead of running, he approached the dark blue door in the center left. Mustering all of the strength he had in a strong kick, he destroyed it in one attack.

"Alright, let's go." He said, his plan had already been explained to the feline. Then, the two of them left the broken door behind them and continued running through the roofs.

Fortunately, all of the houses in these streets were not only deeply connected, but they were also on the same level. There were some that were either slightly shorter or higher, but he had a very strong and nimble cat with him.

1