Chapter 14 – Welcoming the New Member!
546 2 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 14 - Welcoming the New Member!

Loki grabbed Torajirou Shiro's hand, and immediately, he felt a surge of energy entering his body.

"What is this?"

"My Divine power. Once you reach about my level, you'll be able to use it. You can also grant Falna to others with it."

"Consider it my small investment in you. Plus, I'm sure you won't only cooperate with me, right?" Loki looked at him meaningfully.

"Aren't gods not supposed to use their divine power in the lower world?" Torajirou Shiro was puzzled.

"Cheating, it's obviously cheating."

Loki looked at Torajirou Shiro with an expression that said, 'Aren't you usually smart? How come you turn silly at times like this?'

"You don't really think that gods would honestly stay put in the lower world, do you?"

"Freya has been going around finding talented people thanks to her special abilities."

"Although I can't do it to her extent, secretly leaving a seed of divine power in someone is still doable, though no one has been able to make it sprout so far."

"Alright, let's eat~"

Before Torajirou Shiro could fully experience this seed, Loki dragged him to the dining hall.

He had planned to quietly eat in a corner, but as soon as Tiona saw him, she started shouting loudly.

"Yo! Little brother, this way this way!!"

Tiona pulled Torajirou Shiro all the way to the central seat where the executives sat, with everyone around staring at him, making Torajirou Shiro feel uneasy.

Although nothing was said, it seemed that everyone had tacitly agreed that Torajirou Shiro should sit there, probably because he had defeated Raul before receiving Falna.

"Yo!! Everyone!!!"

Loki stood on a chair, raising her wine glass high and shouted, drawing the attention of the entire Familia.

"Though he is a person from another world, once he joins Loki Familia, he becomes one of our family. A toast for the new member, Torajirou Shiro!!!"

"Oh! Cheers!!!" ×N

Loki's words ignited the atmosphere of the dining hall, but a few people seemed out of place.

"Eh?! Eh!! Wait!! What's this about another world?" Tiona started shouting.

Did we, the executives, go out to train in the dungeon, and Loki somehow caught someone from another world to join us as a companion?

Who joined their Familia today?

Oh, it seems to be only Torajirou Shiro, wait a minute? Torajirou Shiro is from another world?!

Tiona, with her straightforward mind, successfully connected the dots and looked incredulously at Torajirou Shiro, and the others at the table also looked at him with the same disbelief.

"Eh? I didn't tell you?" Loki blinked while asking.

Bete slammed the table and shouted at his unreliable goddess.

"Not at all!! You damn god!! After greeting us, you just went back to your room to drink alcohol! And you only show up now!!"

"Ahahaha... I just forgot... but now that you know, it's not too late. But don't tell anyone outside yet, I don't want to start scheming against those gods so soon. Oh yes, Finn, come to the meeting with other executives later."

"Understood. But a person from another world, huh... this is really a big surprise..."

Finn responded to Loki while giving a nod to Torajirou Shiro, not showing as much surprise as the others.

The banquet lasted for half an hour before ending, and Torajirou Shiro was freed from the gazes that treated him like a rare animal.

He arrived at the meeting room door and knocked.

"Come in." Finn's voice came from inside.

The people inside the room were all the executives he had met today.

Aside from Lefiya, an executive reserve, who was absent, everyone else was sitting in their chairs, looking at Torajirou Shiro at the door.

"Loki, did you call us all here to make an announcement?" Finn was the first to speak.

Seeing Torajirou Shiro, Loki nodded and pulled out a piece of parchment from behind, the one used for updating Torajirou Shiro's Falna today.

"Take a look at this first."

After spreading the parchment on the table, the group crowded around to see.

"What... what the hell?!"

"Hey, hey, is this for real?"

"So strong..."

"Automatically increasing magic power, breaking limits, controlling cause and effect... Do such abilities really exist?"

"I understand, you wanted to tell us about the last skill, right, Loki?" Finn looked at Loki.

The others, hearing this, all looked at Torajirou Shiro's last skill introduction.

"Increasing ability values together with companions..."

The executives were more or less shaken, with Ais showing the most obvious fluctuation.

She intensely kept staring at the skill introduction, as if trying to bore a hole through the paper with her gaze.

"That's right, due to Torajirou Shiro's uniqueness, I plan to directly promote him to an executive position, but since he's not at the right level yet, he'll be put in as a reserve. Any objections?"

Loki was satisfied with the others' reactions, as after the initial shock, people tend to enjoy seeing others exhibit the same reactions as themselves.

"Hey, Loki, isn't it too dangerous to put such an inexperienced fellow in the executive reserves? He might end up dying soon," Bete was the first to express his disapproval.

Although his words were harsh, his instinctive concern for a comrade's safety showed he was a good person with a vicious mouth.

"That's right, you're being too reckless this time. This skill will give him enough time to grow. There's no need to put him in the public eye so soon." Riveria also agreed with Bete's words.

"Hey, no need to worry, mama-san. This kid took down Raul when he wasn't paying attention, and that was before he even had his Falna. I doubt he's gotten any weaker since then."

Loki said with a smile, revealing Torajirou Shiro's impressive deed.

"Who are you calling mama-san?! Whatever... If you're okay with it, then I am too. Finn, what do you think?"

"Even Raul lost... Well, I don't have any objections to Torajirou Shiro joining the reserves."

"However, he must team up with someone before entering the dungeon alone until he reaches LV3. As for who he should team up with..."

Finn trailed off as he felt a needle-like gaze on him.

He turned around and saw that Ais had long since moved her gaze away from the parchment and was now staring at him intently.

Finn sighed and looked back at her helplessly.

"Ais, I understand your eagerness to increase your ability values, but to be honest, after learning about Torajirou's skill, the number of people in Orario who wouldn't want to team up with him is few."

"But Torajirou can't follow us directly into the deeper floors; too low doesn't benefit us, and too high doesn't ensure Torajirou's safety, so until Torajirou gets stronger and agrees himself, you cannot team up with him."

"I understand..." Hearing that she couldn't team up with Torajirou, Ais looked a bit dejected.

"Torajirou, you should team up with Lefiya for now; she also needs to work on some psychological issues and is just right at level 3. What do you say?"

"I don't mind, having a senior could actually make things more efficient."

"Good, then, Tione, please call Lefiya over."

For some reason, Tione, upon hearing Finn's instruction, seemed unusually excited.

"Yes! Captain!"

After speaking, she dashed out and quickly returned with a flustered Lefiya in tow.

"Eh—!! Me? Really? Is it okay for Torajirou-kun to team up with me when he has such an important skill?"

Lefiya exclaimed, surprised after Finn explained the situation again.

"Yes, this is the best decision based on the current situation."

"But... but..." Just as Lefiya was about to say something else, Riveria interrupted her.

"Lefiya, trust Finn's judgment."

"Yes!! Riveria-sama!!!"

Lefiya's reaction, like a startled rabbit, made Torajirou Shiro find it a bit amusing.

"Then please take good care of me, Lefiya." Torajirou Shiro extended his hand to Lefiya, who hesitated for a moment but then shook it.

"Yes! Please take care of me too, Torajirou-kun!"

This scene made the two amazoness sisters whisper to each other.

"Lefiya actually shook hands with the new guy."

"This elf is also reaching that age, huh..."

---

Read More With Pictures: (10+ Chapters)
patreon.com/U22

36