Chapter 38: Drunk Ais!
350 0 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 38: Drunk Ais!

"Ais, why don't you drink?" Shiro asked, looking at the blond-haired girl across from him.

"Riveria and Loki don't let me drink alcohol..." Ais's expression was somewhat downcast.

Perhaps Riveria thought she was too young to drink and feared Ais might get addicted.

With that thought, Shiro placed a glass of wine in front of the downcast girl and said, "Want to give it a try?"

"Eh? Can I?" Ais seemed hesitant, with Riveria's teachings echoing in her mind, but her eyes kept darting towards the glass of wine on her left-hand side.

"Just a sip won't hurt, right?" Shiro didn't plan to let her drink much; he just wanted to satisfy her curiosity.

Loki probably wouldn't say anything if she knew about it.

"Ugh... then... just a sip..." After a moment of inner struggle, the rebellious part of Ais's heart won, and she brought the glass of wine to her mouth.

"Ha! Cheers! Drink up, mama elf! Eh? Am I drunk? Where did my drink go?"

After finishing a glass of wine, Loki reached for another only to find that the glass that was on her right side had disappeared.

After looking around, she saw Ais pouring the glass of wine into her own mouth.

"Oh, it's with Ais, huh? Then I'll get another one... Wait a minute! Ais, what are you drinking???"

Loki sobered up when she saw the glass of wine from her right hand appearing in the blond-haired girl's hands, breaking out in cold sweat and shouting at the girl.

Her shout also attracted everyone's attention.

To witness the unfolding drama, they all turned to look at Loki.

However, their faces turned pale when they saw the glass of wine in Ais's hands.

"Eh? Is that wine in Ais's hands?"

"Stop her quickly! Don't let her drink it!"

"It's over..."

As Shiro wondered why everyone was reacting so strongly, some people jumped onto the table trying to snatch the wine from Ais's hands, but it was too late; the blond-haired girl had already put the wine into her mouth.

"Hiccup~"

After burping, Ais's face slowly turned red, and she began to sway while sitting in her chair.

Then, suddenly, she held the sword at her waist.

"What's happening??"

Shiro stared blankly as the drunk girl took a stance, a silver light flashed past his ear, and a few strands of white hair floated down beside him.

"Run!!!" Someone screamed, and the scene descended into chaos.

"I'll kill you! Monster!" The drunken Ais mumbled, swinging her sword at Loki on her left.

"Whoa!!! Why me?! Isn't Torajirou closer to you now?!" Loki dodged Ais's attacks in a panic, shouting back.

But the drunken Ais couldn't be reasoned with, her slashes destroying everything in the tavern, demonstrating the full extent of a Level 5 adventurer's physical abilities.

"Lefiya, go get some water! Everyone else, stay back!"

Amidst the chaos, Finn stood out and issued orders calmly.

Upon hearing his commands, people retreated, forming a circle around the drunken girl.

"Why is it just me and Ais left here?! Please help me!!!"

Loki was left alone near the table, dealing with the uncontrollable drunk Ais.

Fortunately, Lefiya and the tavern staff were quick to arrive, and they soon returned with a bucket of water.

"Riveria-sama! The water is here."

"Hurry up and splash it at her!!!"

Splash—

The berserk Ais gradually regained her senses.

She touched her wet face, realizing she had been drenched, but fortunately, her armor prevented her clothes from getting wet.

Lefiya, panting, stood in front of her holding a wooden bucket.

"Goddess Loki!!! Don't die!!!"

Ais heard Raul's mournful shout.

Looking down, she saw the red-haired goddess lying on the ground, barely alive, surrounded by overturned chairs and tables.

The tavern looked as if it had just been hit by a storm, leaving the blond-haired girl in confusion.

"Eh?"

Riveria approached Ais with her staff, her beautiful eyebrows slightly furrowed, and said to the dazed girl.

"Ais, Loki and I banned you from drinking alcohol, right?"

"I'm sorry..." Riveria's questioning made the blond-haired girl realize the chaos around her was caused by her drunkenness, so she clumsily apologized to the people around her.

"Who gave you the drink?"

This time, Ais surprisingly kept her loyalty, remaining silent in response to the elf princess's question.

Of course, it would have been better if her eyes hadn't occasionally drifted in Shiro's direction.

Meanwhile, the instigator, Shiro, had quietly retreated behind Ryuu, hoping the righteous elf would not betray him for the sake of their friendship.

Following Ais's gaze, everyone looked toward Ryuu, who reluctantly stepped aside, exposing Shiro to the resentful gaze of Loki Familia members.

"Torajirou, the profits from this expedition will be used to compensate the tavern. Do you have any problems?" Finn looked at the white-haired boy with a 'gentle' gaze.

Surrounded by everyone, Shiro quickly shook his head to show he had no objections, even thinking to himself that it was good to resolve the issue with money.

He felt like he was done for when everyone looked at him with such resentful glares just now.

"Sigh..." Riveria massaged her brow.

Ais had once drunk alcohol in the Familia residence and nearly caused a disaster while still young.

Since then, both Loki and Riveria had forbidden the blond-haired girl from drinking alcohol.

But, Mama Elf hadn't expected such negligence this time.

She glanced at the white-haired boy, who was compensating for the tavern's losses.

The usually obedient Ais had weirdly followed his suggestion to drink alcohol that she and Loki had forbidden her from.

Did this mean that deep down, Ais truly trusted him more than them? Now, the blond-haired girl was also starting to show interest in these things.

Riveria wondered whether this was good or bad.

After compensating for the tavern's losses, overseen by the dark-faced Mama Mia, Shiro felt a familiar gaze on him.

When he turned back, he saw Bell.

Bell, who had been dining in the tavern, saw his savior come with people from Loki Familia and hesitated whether to greet him.

Then, the commotion broke out, and the novice adventurer did not dare to approach, afraid of being treated as an accomplice.

"Yo, good evening..." Shiro greeted the other party feebly. He was physically and mentally exhausted after such a close call.

---

Read More With Pictures (10+ Chapters In Advance):
patreon.com/U22

---

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel:
YouTube.com/@AnimexFirst

(PS: Vote for this fanfiction for more chapters. Also, don't forget to leave a review and comment below. If the results are not good, then I'll just drop it and start working on another project.)

23