Chapter 43: The War Game Where Everything is at Stake!
217 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 43: The War Game Where Everything is at Stake!

The moment Freya took off her hood, she charmed everyone on the second floor of the tavern.

Shiro, whose abnormal resistance was only I, naturally couldn't resist this charm that even gods couldn't resist.

Fortunately, at the critical moment, Shiro's intuition reminded him to use his ability on himself.

If someone else had been charmed, they might not have been able to break out of the charmed state even if they were killed.

However, when Shiro was charmed, he clearly remembered that feeling.

So, targeting that feeling, he used his cutting ability, sacrificing the temporary use of one arm in exchange for regaining his consciousness.

At the same time, he was also thankful that he hadn't relied on his ability to act recklessly in this world.

If Freya could use her power as a god in a sealed state, who would believe that other gods wouldn't have some tricks up their sleeves?

"You actually broke free in this way?" Although Freya couldn't understand the specifics of Shiro's ability, she knew that he had used something similar to magic.

"Goddess Freya, give me a reason not to kill you," Shiro said to Freya with a grim expression, having almost capsized in the gutter.

As for what she said about just adding a subconscious thought to stay away from Bell Cranel, he didn't believe a single word of it.

He could even say that if someone's consciousness was tampered with, would they still be the same person?

"Unfortunately, with your current abilities, you can't completely kill me. At most, you will most likely trigger divine protection and I'll be sent back to heaven."

"But if you do that, coupled with the incident with Apollo Familia before, your Loki Familia's suspicions will be hard to clear," Freya said, changing her approach to dissuade the boy when she found out that her charm didn't work on Shiro.

The situation was now at a standstill.

The day before, Freya had said in front of many people that she was going to see the new child of Loki Familia.

If she died just like that, the first suspect would definitely be Loki.

Adding in the previous incident of Apollo being sent back to heaven by the Loki Familia, Loki would definitely be labeled as 'secretly joining forces with Evilus' by those with ulterior motives.

After all, there were still quite a few people who were envious of Loki Familia's strength.

Freya, on the other hand, had been caught using her ability to control Shiro.

And from her words, it was clear that she didn't want Shiro to get close to Bell and hinder his growth.

Now that Shiro knew about this, he could threaten her with it.

The best option would be for both sides to retreat peacefully.

But Shiro didn't think so at all.

If he didn't retaliate after being stepped on, would he still be himself?

However, with his current strength, he couldn't completely kill a goddess.

Sending Freya back to heaven wouldn't kill her, and it would leave a lot of hidden trouble afterward.

After thinking for a moment, Shiro put down his sword.

But before Freya's expression could relax, he leaned close to her ear and whispered, "You're Syr, right?"

There were four people who heard Shiro's conversation with Bell at the time.

Besides Bete, Bell, and Shiro himself, there was only Syr who had heard everything from beginning to end.

From Freya's words just now, Syr was either her subordinate or herself.

If Syr was her subordinate, it wouldn't be a big deal, but if she was goddess Freya herself, it would be hilarious.

Anyway, it didn't cost anything to guess.

Seeing Freya's expression stiffen because of his words, Shiro nodded in satisfaction and continued, "Looks like I have found another of your weaknesses."

"I apologize for what happened just now. If you're not satisfied, I can compensate you with a grimoire. How about we just leave it at that?" Freya, whose biggest secret had been exposed, lost her usual elegance and apologized to Shiro with her head lowered.

"You mean my consciousness and memories are only worth a grimoire?" Shiro raised an eyebrow, feeling that these gods looked down on people a bit too much.

"Then what do you want?"

"Since you've already used charm on me, how about we have a war game with everything on the line? If you win, I'll not only keep your secret but also guarantee that I'll never get involved with Bell in my life." He stated his ultimate goal.

A war game, as the name suggests, was a large-scale "game" between Familias, applied for at the Guild, with rules set by both parties and witnessed by many gods.

Generally, war games were only used to resolve conflicts between two Familias that had escalated to the point of being irreconcilable.

"Your Loki Familia wants to go to war with my Freya Familia?" Freya asked with a sullen face.

She didn't think that her Familia, with a Lv7 and several Lv6s, would lose to the Loki Familia, which only had three Lv6s.

"No, no, no." Shiro shook his finger and said, "Since everything is at stake, it will naturally be a battle between me and your entire Familia, unrelated to Loki. However, will you gods really keep your word?"

Shiro looked up at Loki, who understood what Shiro meant and said,

"When the gods were fighting for territory in heaven, they created a kind of divine agreement to prevent breaches of contract."

"However, a god will be sent back to heaven if they use divine power in the lower world, so we can't use it. But you can try to ask Ouranos to use divine power."

"Areyou so confident in your strength and think that you won't lose? I see you're only at Lv3," Freya gritted her teeth and said to the boy.

"That's not something you should worry about. The time will be set after the next expedition of Loki Familia ends. However, this war game is a bit special, only you and Loki can watch it."

Knowing that gods had the ability to see through lies, Shiro wouldn't be foolish enough to be tricked by the other party.

"Is that so?" Freya put her deep blue hood back on, covering her face that even gods would be mesmerized with, and walked downstairs.

Before going downstairs, she didn't forget to leave some harsh words.

"Then we'll see each other soon, arrogant human."

"I'm also looking forward to seeing you next time, arrogant goddess."

After she left, Loki jumped over and excitedly put her arm around the boy.

"Not bad, kid. I almost thought you were really charmed by her. You scared me to death. But this is the first time I've seen Freya make that kind of expression."

Shiro rolled his eyes while clutching his wound.

"Seriously, why don't you think about how to apologize for tricking me? If I hadn't just seen you get angry, I would have thought you and her were working together to set me up."

However, despite saying this, Shiro knew that Loki had no idea how his blessing worked.

And Loki wouldn't risk being unable to leave this world and turn against her lucky star.

She was his most reliable ally in this world after all.

"Ehehe, wasn't it because of our many years of friendship that I was tricked by her words? If you don't trust me, I can also sign that god's contract. But can you really defeat the entire Freya Familia?"

"Why do you think I only let you and Freya watch?"

"Don't tell me, you're going to use that skill called Desperado?"

"Yes."

With that, Loki and Shiro left the cafe together.

After they left, the people on the second floor of the cafe finally regained consciousness, feeling dizzy.

---

Read More With Pictures (10+ Chapters In Advance):
patreon.com/U22

---

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel:
YouTube.com/@AnimexFirst

(PS: Vote for this fanfiction for more chapters. Also, don't forget to leave a review and comment below. If the results are not good, then I'll just drop it and start working on another project.)

18