Chapter 45: Battle with Ottar!
472 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 45: Battle with Ottar!

The adventurers in this world are strong.

This is something Shiro realized upon first arriving in this world.

However, the people of this world also have a significant flaw.

Throughout the past month, the magic Shiro has witnessed – ice, lightning, fire, wind, and healing – is not inherently bad, but the types of magic are too limited.

They either rely on their physical strength and skills to crush opponents, or they bombard them with various kinds of magic.

The more powerful ones simply enhance their stats and ability values.

This fighting style is not necessarily bad, but it can leave them unprepared when facing unusual abilities.

In the previous expedition, a single corrosive ability forced the Loki Familia to cancel their expedition mission.

What if the next time, it's a curse?

Ottar is currently also facing this dilemma.

Unless he disregards his own safety and engages in close combat with Shiro, he has no way to deal with him due to his lack of ranged attacks.

"What's wrong? Not coming anymore?" Shiro looked at his opponent with interest, wanting to see how he would deal with this situation.

After a moment of silence, Ottar picked up a stick from the ground.

"[Silver moon's mercy, the golden wilderness. This body is destined for the wild boar of the war. Run through, carry the goddess' will.]"

Chanting the magic spell, violent magic power clung to the surface of the stick like light.

The dazzling light gave people the illusion that the stick had expanded in a circle, as if it were covered in the fur of a giant golden boar.

"Finally getting serious?" Feeling the pressure emanating from his opponent, Shiro grinned.

However, Ottar's preparation wasn't over yet.

His body gradually began to be covered in boar fur, and his aura continued to rise.

This was Ottar's skill, [Vana Arganture].

As his body slowly transformed, his ability values had already surpassed level 7 and even touched the threshold of level 8.

Knowing the danger of Shiro's abilities, he planned to finish him off with one blow.

Ottar wouldn't give his opponent a chance to fight back, nor would he offer any escape route.

Everything would end with this blow.

"Everything is for my goddess," The stoic warrior muttered.

Then, the earth was ripped open, and trees were blown away.

Everything before him was obliterated by this attack.

Or so it should have been.

After the aftermath dissipated, Ottar saw that the spot where the white-haired boy was standing was miraculously unscathed.

No, rather than being untouched, it was more like Shiro was standing in the blind spot of Ottar's attack.

"That was a pretty impressive attack."

Looking at the ravaged surrounding terrain, Shiro showed no awareness of being attacked and instead casually commented on Ottar's strike.

"Well, it's my turn now."

As he spoke, he vanished from Ottar's sight.

The next second, a familiar slash came from before him.

However, having faced it once before, Ottar naturally wouldn't choose to meet it head-on.

He moved his feet, attempting to dodge the attack.

A gust of wind blew, and a fist-sized rubble rolled right onto the spot where he was about to land, blocking his retreat.

Sensing something was wrong, the boaz-man immediately fell back.

But alas, it was too late, he still underestimated his opponent.

His magic was torn apart, his stick was cut in half, and there was a big gash in his chest.

Having achieved a temporary victory, Shiro stood before his fallen opponent and said, "Do you still want to fight? To be honest, I'd like to save you for later and finish you off in one go, so Freya doesn't accuse me of winning unfairly."

Ottar, lying on the ground, looked at the man before him and fell silent.

The commotion in the distance had subsided; Bell had completed his trial, so his mission was also complete.

"Although I'm a bit unwilling, the goddess's orders are my top priority. If you fail next time, I will ask my goddess to spare your life."

Leaving these words behind, Ottar covered the wound on his chest and left.

"The noise came from here. Wow—! What a mess."

After Ottar left, Shiro heard such a voice coming from the distance.

Soon after, several figures appeared.

It was Tiona and the others.

Judging by their tattered clothes, they must have just finished clearing out the monsters nearby and came to support Shiro.

Seeing the familiar white-haired boy, Tiona excitedly waved and jogged over.

"Torajirou, Torajirou, what happened here?" Looking at the wreckage, Tiona asked Shiro.

"Ottar was fighting here just now."

Ignoring the fact that Ottar was fighting against him, Shiro told them what had happened.

"What? That level 7 boaz-man?! His destructive power is really something else."

"But why are you the only ones here? Where's Loki?"

"She said she had something urgent to do and ran off. She also said she'd be late and wouldn't be back for dinner."

Afterwards, the incident was settled.

Thanks to Ganesha Familia's timely response, there were no civilian casualties.

The only strange thing was that the Ganesha Familia never found the culprit responsible for the incident, and the truth remained a mystery.

In the southern part of the city, in the entertainment district overflowing with magic stone lights.

It was already night, and the sky was dyed a deep black color, but the entertainment district was as bright as day.

A high-class tavern was located in a corner of this district.

In a luxurious private room, Freya and Loki sat in their seats facing each other.

Taking a sip of her wine, Freya said to Loki, "Loki, what brings you here this time?"

"Humph! This commotion was caused by you, wasn't it?" Loki said to Freya with dissatisfaction.

"Do you have any evidence?"

"Hah? Don't say such cliche lines. Look at the state of those guards. They're obviously charmed..."

Loki chugged down her wine and continued, "Those monsters didn't hurt anyone either. I should say they rushed out specifically to find someone. Besides a certain lovesick goddess, I can't think of anyone else who would do something so pointless."

"Yes, it was me."

"Admitting it so readily? Then I'll report you to the Guild. The punishment will be severe, I'm sure."

Facing Loki's blatant threat, Freya maintained her smile.

"Eagle Feather Mantle."

"Huh?"

"You haven't returned the Eagle Feather Mantle I lent you last time, right? If you're going to betray me, could you return it first?"

Loki looked surprised and yelled, "Why are you bringing up such old matters?!"

"I don't care about that. As a goddess, you wouldn't go back on your word, right?"

Facing Freya's questioning, Loki suddenly thought of something.

"Hah? You're going to become his possession soon anyway, so instead of it ending up in his hands, why not just give it to me? You saw how miserable your child was today, right? If you please me, maybe I might put in a good word for you in front of him."

Freya fell silent.

Seeing the sullen look on the goddess of beauty's face, Loki's mood instantly improved.

She said with a grin, "That monster that looks like both a flower and a snake disgusted my child. You have to give me some compensation."

"Huh? What are you talking about? I only released nine monsters, and none of them looked like both a flower and a snake?"

"..."

---

Read More With Pictures (10+ Chapters In Advance):
patreon.com/U22

---

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel:
YouTube.com/@AnimexFirst

(PS: Vote for this fanfiction for more chapters. Also, don't forget to leave a review and comment below. If the results are not good, then I'll just drop it and start working on another project.)

15