Chapter 51: Udaeus!
154 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 51: Udaeus!

Ais's sudden declaration didn't come as a surprise to the others.

They had all witnessed the burning determination within her, a brewing storm ready to unleash its fury.

However, understanding her desire was one thing, allowing her to face such danger alone was another matter altogether.

"You don't need to share your rations with me. Please let me stay." Ais pleaded, her resolve unwavering despite the disapproving stares.

"Why does Ais insist on fighting alone all the time?" Tiona grumbled.

"Ais is so beautiful. What if her face gets hurt during the battle? Even I, an Amazoness, care more about appearances than you. This won't do." Tione added, their voices echoing each other in their attempt to dissuade Ais from her reckless plan.

"Just let her stay," Shiro interjected, his gaze fixed on Ais, who stood with her head bowed.

"Staying behind at a time like this... Ais, you're planning to challenge the Floor Boss alone, aren't you?"

Ais remained silent, but her silence told everyone the answer.

Her solo training yielded slow progress; even a week alone in the Dungeon barely earned her 100 ability values.

So, the only way for her to rapidly increase her strength now was to rank up.

And today was the day Udaeus respawned, the Floor Boss of the 37th floor, will soon be reborn on this floor.

"I won't stop you. But in return, take me with you. I'm only Level 3, so I won't take much of your excelia, right?" Shiro proposed.

Riveria narrowed her eyes, her gaze turning sharp as she focused on Shiro.

"Do you two understand what you're doing? A Level 3 and a Level 5 want to challenge a Level 6 Monster Rex?"

"It's better than Ais going alone, right? Besides, my situation is a bit special. Even if we can't win, I can still get Ais out of there safely."

Ais looked at the white-haired boy with gratitude, her eyes reflecting her appreciation for his support.

Riveria sighed, exasperated by their exchange.

"Finn, please. Let's respect their wishes this time."

"Hmm?" Finn looked up at Riveria, searching her eyes for her true intentions.

It was unlike the usually cautious Riveria to agree to such a risky endeavor.

"Ais rarely asks for anything," Riveria explained, her voice gentle.

"I want you to grant her request."

After hearing this, Ais started feeling guilty...

This was her own selfish desire, yet it was causing trouble for everyone.

"You can't convince me with such a maternal tone, Riveria," Finn stated firmly.

"As the captain of this expedition team, I'm responsible for everyone's safety. I cannot agree with your suggestion."

"In that case, I'll be their support," Riveria declared, offering a compromise.

With a Level 6 elf as backup, surely Finn wouldn't object.

And, if he did, they would have no choice but to return to Orario.

Finn placed his thumb against his lips, a habit he exhibited when deep in thought.

Finally, under Ais's hopeful gaze, he helplessly nodded.

"Alright, I grant you permission."

"Hey! Wait, if that's the case, then I'm going too!" Tiona exclaimed, dissatisfied with being left out.

"That's right! Since the three of them are going, there's no harm in us joining as well!" Lefiya chimed in, echoing Tiona's sentiment.

"We don't have enough supplies," Finn explained.

"We only brought enough supplies for a week or so, assuming this would be a simple expedition focused on making money. If more people stay here, we'll run out of supplies."

Besides supplies, there were other factors to consider.

Their weapons had dulled from fighting countless monsters and required maintenance back in Orario.

And so, the plan was set.

Shiro handed over the necessary supplies to Finn and, with Ais and Riveria by his side, ventured deeper into the Dungeon, towards the floor boss room.

Silence enveloped them as they walked through the dark halls, the occasional roar of distant monsters a reminder of the lurking dangers.

As they approached the floor boss room, they encountered fewer and fewer monsters, as if the Dungeon had concentrated its resources into the formidable foe that awaited them.

"It's here," Ais announced, her voice low and steady.

The ground began to tremble, a familiar sensation that reminded Shiro of their encounter with Goliath.

The tremors intensified, and the center of the hall bulged upwards.

Crack, crack, crack—

The earth split open, cracks spreading like a spiderweb across the floor.

Then, with a deafening roar, a colossal, pitch-black monster erupted from the bulge, showering the hall with debris and dust.

"ROOOOOOOOOAR!!!"

The monster's lower body remained submerged in the ground as it let out another earth-shattering roar, the force of which cleared the air, revealing its monstrous form.

Its upper body was a skeletal frame over ten meters tall, devoid of any recognizable organs.

A dazzling blue-purple crystal was embedded in its chest, protected by massive ribs.

Its head sported demonic horns, and crimson flames burned within its dark, hollow eye sockets.

"[Assemble, breath of the land - my name is Alf]".

Riveria's chant resonated through the air, and a faint green veil enveloped Shiro's body.

He looked at her questioningly.

"While your combat abilities are impressive, your defense seems a bit lacking."

Riveria explained with a playful wink, seemingly oblivious to the effect such a gesture had on Shiro, who had been single for many years.

"I won't interfere with Ais's battle, but allow me to be of some assistance to you."

"It will be over soon." Ais declared, ignoring their interaction and charging towards the Monster Rex.

"ROAR!"

Udaeus bellowed, pulling back its right arm and gathering its strength.

As Ais entered its attack range, it unleashed a devastating blow that threatened to shatter the very ground beneath them.

"[Tempest!]" Ais chanted mid-air, her body being enveloped in a swirling green wind.

Her speed increased dramatically, and with a powerful stomp that left a crater in the floor, she changed direction, darting towards Udaeus's exposed chest.

Clang—

Her attack, aimed at the monster's core, was blocked by a thick rib bone.

It looked like Udaeus instinctively anticipated her maneuver and shifted into a defensive stance with astonishing speed.

Despite being a monster, its battle instincts rivaled those of a seasoned warrior.

To Ais's dismay, her attack not only failed to shatter the monster's core but also barely left a scratch on its skeletal body.

---

Read More With Pictures (10+ Chapters In Advance):
patreon.com/U22

---

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel:
YouTube.com/@AnimexFirst

(PS: Vote for this fanfiction for more chapters. Also, don't forget to leave a review and comment below. If the results are not good, then I'll just drop it and start working on another project.)

13