Chapter 1: Starting out
91 5 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Casino Dungeon System Awakening...

Success! Awakening Dungeon Personality...

Complete! Displaying System Status Screen...

Dungeon Name: Devil Casino

Lv.1/10

Dungeon Rank: 1

Mana: 100

Core: Unclaimed(+10% mana regen)

Dungeon Master: Lilith Fortuna

Souls: 0

Gold: 100

Luck: 100(Blessed by Lady Luck)

Wis: 10

Int: 15

As I awoke I knew my role instantly, I was the dungeon master of this Casino Dungeon, famous places of gambling and loved and hated for the same reasons as normal casinos with the extra caveat that when you bet your soul you will almost always lose.

Almost all casino dungeons had the blessing of Lady Luck, it was common for the Dungeon master to play games against those who either had been winning too many games or seemed to confident in their luck. twirling my white hair in my hands, I began to use my magic to create the first betting table in my growing casino.

It was a simple poker table, good for the cruder types but eventually I'll need something that more snobbish people will play. Making that table took most of my mana however, and so I have just barely enough for a dealer monster, of course it's a succubus, gotta have a theme and hell seems like a good one for a Devil Casino.

It wasn't long before a human entered the casino, unlike normal dungeons that formed in remote hard to find places, Casino dungeons were always found in big cities and almost never were claimed because of this. Standing at the entrance, I greeted the brave adventurer, my simple suit top showing my role in this.

"Hello Human, Welcome to the Devil Casino, Currently we only have poker, but if you wish to place a bet I'll play against you with my dealer as the third player."

The Human swordsman looked at the shabby quality of my interior and called his buds over, I currently can't understand human speech, but they can understand me so they seemed to just be looking for a place to have fun. Smiling at the idiots as they lost gold in the first game, I felt my mana begin to fill to its max, and decided on my next addition.

I channeled my magic to create a bar filled with drinks that never ran out, but couldn't be removed from the dungeon. I used the rest to create a bartender, a simple demon, nothing special, but drinks would be quite expensive. As I finished that up, A loud group of knights entered, followed by a pudgy man wearing noble attire.

Seeing me, Lust filled his heart and greed his eyes, but I wouldn't be having it, I used the gold I earned to create a blackjack table in the back of the casino, then gestured for him to find a place around it.

"Hello sir, In here the only limit is your Luck, will you win or be left starstruck? Come on sir, are you confident you can win against the house or will you forfeit your soul as the price for lusting after the dungeon master."

Smirking, the fat noble found his place at my table, as I handed out the first cards. As he Slammed his hand to signal to hit him with another card, my high luck came in and his 12 combined with the king I placed down taking him over 21, forfeiting his soul to me. I watched as his body fell limp and the various knights around the man just shook their heads in disappointment, clearly having dealt with a casino dungeon before.

With the soul, I erased any traces of the noble's life from it and placed it inside the empty shell of a dealer at the poker table, causing her to spring to life and begin conversing with the players at the table. One of the knights ordered a knight's mead from the bar and then down it quick before ordering the rest to leave the casino.

Taking out a piece of paper the knight then wrote something down before leaving himself, and picking up the sheet of paper I recognized what it was instantly.

"I, Captain Leeroy of the Knight Brigade, recognize the Devil Casino as a fair and honest establishment, and by the orders of the king grant the Casino dungeon in question my certificate of trust, allowing it to continue its business as long as the conditions are honoured.

  1. All souls must come from the greedy and overconfident no stealing souls from gullible or innocent people.
  2. All services must remain open whether or not one chooses to play.
  3. 10% of all earnings will go to the kingdom the dungeon was found in, this is to make sure that you do not abuse our kindness."

Holding out the certificate, I jumped up in celebration of being recognized. Being recognized meant more people, and more people meant more mana, and more mana meant more growth!

2