In the Embrace of History,1
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What has happened? I wonder. Here I am, feeling like I'm trapped in darkness... as if I'm suffocating. "
"What happened to me, and where is Jad? "
Questions swirl around, and Maram feels almost engulfed, struggling to breathe.
What happened to her? And where is Jad?

The questions echo in the void, and Maram's voice seems to fade—or, one might say, it's barely audible.
The last thing Maram remembers is those sounds within a clear lake.
As for the bodies of Maram and Jad, they've become like lifeless shells, carried by their friends to the hospital. They navigate between the fear of loss and the dread of the unknown.

Lina cries, on the verge of losing her voice from the intensity of her screams.
She blames herself as if it were just illusions, a game that wanted to kill and revel in the time spent.
It's because she longed for smiles and laughter with her friends.

In front of a massive window, seemingly part of one of the luxurious palaces, stands a girl in a dark blue dress, eagerly anticipating the gentle raindrops. Meanwhile, the sound of the door to the room opens gently, and a woman in loose black attire, appearing as one of the esteemed servants, enters gracefully.
She approaches the lady by the window and says, "Miss Nominsa."

Nominsa turns gently towards her, her features sharp, her complexion richly bronzed, and strands of black hair cascading down her back. She stands, clasping her hands in front of her, and softly says, "Is everyone ready?"
The servant responds, "Yes, Miss. They await your arrival."
Nominsa advances gracefully, her steps firm, saying, "Come, bring my shawl with you. It's raining today as well." She then strides purposefully towards the room's door with pride, while the servant carries a black shawl, following her steps with warmth and care.
Nominsa navigates through the corridors within the palace as if traversing a maze, leaving a chill in the air in her wake. She arrives in front of the palace where two gallant men with strong physiques stand, holding the reins of their steeds. They bow respectfully to her, while the servant places the black shawl on Nominsa's shoulders, which she adjusts swiftly. Nominsa then mounts a black horse held by one of the servants, displaying the ease of a skilled rider, perhaps even surpassing some men.

Without a hint of hesitation, she advances quickly past the two men, both of whom also mount their horses behind her. They leave an aura of authority and pride behind them.
There, beneath the falling raindrops, Nominsa and her two mounted companions traverse the gardens toward the valley surrounding their tribe.
This valley serves as the boundary between Nominsa's tribe, "Almo," and the neighboring tribe, "Ashal."

We find ourselves in a distant past, where nations are a collection of tribes, each governed by a leader.
In one of the northwestern lands of the world lies the twin tribes, and Nominsa is the eldest daughter of the ruling family of the Almo tribe. In contrast to the neighboring tribe, Ashal, there is no distinction between a girl and a boy in Almo. Whatever the ruler is blessed with, be it a son or a daughter, they are destined to be the successor.
However, across the river forming the border between the two tribes, in Ashal, the rule is that the heir must be a son. The river serves as a clear boundary, differentiating the customs and traditions of the two tribes.

Between the two tribes, there has been and still exists an ancient animosity rooted in the issue of water. Anything is permissible between the tribes, but marriage.

To be unaware of the past may be better than not being aware of oneself. But the worst is to return to the past without knowing anything about either, you and the past together, ignorant, and your reality collides with them.

Maram and Jad are prisoners of the past, trapped within bodies that do not belong to them.
They carry a culture and history that are foreign to their own identities. Even their names have no presence in the present they find themselves in. Everything is forbidden for them. Vision is allowed, but sighs are made silently. They exist in the past and cannot be altered as if reading a book where your role is limited to reading.
Perhaps shedding tears or experiencing joy when emotions overcome you.
Things may take a turn for the worse, and you might throw the book away without needing to finish it.
For Jadd and Maram, being inside the book means there is no point in casting it away.
They have been sentenced to witness the past, live it, and feel it.
What has been written in the past can only be changed in the future.
In the present, we learn to benefit from the mistakes of the past.

Here in the past, let's transcend it together.
Or let's live it together.

0