Penny and the Quars!
116 4 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I walked down the sandy ruins. There were no lights and it was completely dark. I infused lightning into my hand so that I could see where I was going. It was a straight path forward, the walls were etched with strange drawings and images but I doubted it was made by the Grems. The Grems looked pretty stupid. Any drawings made by them would probably look the same as a finger painting drawn by a kindergartener. 

Up ahead, I heard a deep voice speaking in Grem language. I walked towards it without any fear and confronted the boss alien Grem. He was more than 3 the size of the regular grems. With armored plating on his shoulders, head, chest, and shins he looked totally like a boss! The small grems inside were about to charge at me but the boss grem stopped them with a wave of his hand. 

He walked up to me and stared down at me, I stared back. I was ready for the fight of a lifetime but I also didn’t think that he wanted to fight me. Maybe the little grems were just troublemakers who needed to be punished? They could just be natural menaces but what did this guy want with me though if he didn’t want to fight? 

Gremmy, boss Grem, handed me a strange device and motioned for me to press the button. This was too dumb to be a trick so, I pressed the button just like Gremmy wanted and a blue holographic image popped up!  

“Whoa! Awesome! It’s just like one from a sci-fi game!” I shouted. 

The hologram suddenly started moving and it showed Gremmy and the little grems running away from some evil alien. The evil alien was turning the Grems into skeletons after his tentacles stabbed them. Gremmy used his sonic scream to blast the evil alien away to give time for him and the Grems to escape on their spaceship. The Grems barely managed to escape even after flying off in their spaceship. The evil alien’s tentacles were strong enough to stop them from flying off the dying planet. Gremmy and all the Grems used their sonic shouts together and knocked the evil alien’s arms off their spaceship, letting them get away but not without a cost. 

Their navigational system was messed up by the evil alien and they were flying aimlessly through space for a while before crash landing here on Earth! It looks like they just wanted to find a safe place to live. 

“Why were the little Grems trying to kidnap people though?” I asked. 

He pulled out a second device and handed it to me. It looked kind of like a smart watch but all futuristic and cool like. He pushed a button on the side of it and opened his mouth. 

“I apologize for the actions of my children. They are an excitable litter and were looking for playmates. It has been some time since they’ve last seen someone different from them in appearance. Please forgive them.” Gremmy answered back in a lady voice! 

“YOU’RE A GIRL GREMMY!?” I asked surprised out of my mind. 

“I am the last female of my race. The ‘Grems’ you speak of are all born from me.” 

“Oh... That sucks.” 

“Think nothing of it. My goal now is to acquire a mate from this planet and see that my children thrive.” 

“A mate?” 

“One to reproduce with.” 

“You mean like a boyfriend?” I asked. 

“If this ‘boyfriend’ is something that can help a female produce more litter, then yes.” 

Yep, she’s definitely talking about that...  

“I see. I could probably help you guys out as long as you don’t try and take any more people away. With the thriving thing not the boyfriend thing. That’s Tiffany’s thing not mine.” 

“I would gladly appreciate it. Would you mind explaining what race you are, sex, and age?” 

“Hehe no problem Gremmy. You landed on Earth! Here on this planet the main race are humans but there are a bunch of other species here too like dogs, cats, monkeys, fish, birds, and bugs! I’m a girl just like you Gremmy but I'm only 12.” 

“You are a human?” She asked. 

“Yes! Anybody that looks like me is a human.” 

“What is the age that your race reaches full maturity? Are you considered an adult?” 

“18? I think. That’s the age where I gotta wait till I'm able to do anything I want on my own. I’m not a grown up yet, I'm still just a kid.” 

“I see...” 

“How many more of these super cool translation watches do you have Gremmy?” I said while fiddling with the watch trying to see how it works. 

“That was my only one. I intended to give it to the first important native I met to try and form a peace treaty with them.” 

“Oh... So, I'm guessing you’ll want it back huh...?” I dipped my head feeling a little bit sad that I won’t be able to talk to aliens across the universe anymore without it. 

“I don’t think I'll need it back after all. As long as the rest of your species are willing to talk as peacefully as you, then I don’t think it will be a problem to create a new peaceful life here with my brood.” 

This was the awkward part. I couldn’t smile back at her like she was smiling at me because I just got away from one group of my species that wanted to nothing but to take her apart. I definitely couldn’t let her get in touch with the CIA. If they were okay with trying to experiment and kidnap a little girl they definitely won’t let Gremmy and her kids off. 

“Uh... I’ll try and think of something so that you and your kids can live in peace! Gremmy, you stay here with your children and try not to let them see any humans.” 

“What’s the matter?” Gremmy asked concerned. 

“Well, some other humans might not treat you and the grems so nicely if they see them. I’m going to find a way to try so that you can live on the surface and not be attacked!” 

“Ah, I see... We do look quite differently from you but is that really a cause for aggression?” 

“For some humans, yes.” I said embarrassed and guilty. I attacked the Grems on sight because I thought they were going to do something horrible to people but they just wanted to play! I felt bad now! I had to fix my mistake and help Gremmy live a good life on Earth! 

[Sudden Quest Added!] 

[Friendly aliens have come to Earth after being nearly exterminated on their home planet! The Mother Quarsac has reached out to you for aid in helping her race becoming peaceful allies with humans! As a hero, you took it upon yourself to help these people in their time of need! Find a way to integrate the Quars into society without any major conflict between the two species.] 

[Rewards: $10,000, UFO (Familiar), 10 Energy Drinks, Cannon (Weapon)] 

Gremmy’s name is Quarsac? The Grems were called Quars? How did my power know this when Gremmy didn’t even tell me! Can my power see the future or read minds!? That would be so cool! 

“I’ll be back in a couple of days Quarsac! Penny to the rescue!” I raced out of the desert ruins. 

“How did you know of my birth name...?”  

I removed the vines out of the way of the exit and I unfroze the ball of Quars as I flew into the skies with my wings. 

“Go back home! Quarsac is calling for you!!!” I lied. 

I needed to find a phone fast and also find out just where the heck I even was. I probably should’ve asked one of those guys who got kidnapped.


Now i know you guys noticed how short this chapter was compared to the other chapters and i have to say that it was done out of a lazy reason but valid reason.

I kind of accidentally burnt myself out writing this story. I've looked over how much attention this story was getting and realized that it's steadily dropping rather than gradually increasing. Not many people are interested in this story and seeing the lack of interest shown by the comments, views, and reviews about it isn't really helping me to continue this story forward.

Now i'm not going to completely erase and delete this story because I did go into this story with a lot of hope and interest. I'm just gonna take a break on it and focus on something else that will hopefully garner more attention from people. Once i feel like coming back and working on this story in the future, it will be done at a time when i'm not forcing myself to write chapters and I'm genuinely motivated in writing it.

So, as of now this story is officially hiatus'd and I'll be writing something else along with my SCP story rather than this.

2