Chapter 1
85 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Here you are King Zebadiah, the Dwarven Mithril Blade you requested!"

"Thank you, Argent was it? Your payment has been transferred to your account."

Saluting the warrior king, Argent then dashed away in a silver blur, her movements untraceable by normal beings. She was born with a large amount of temporal energy in her body, and was constantly producing more as she aged, this made her immortal as her body would just rapidly heal from any damage and cell aging never happened when your body is frozen in time.

The also allowed her to move 100 times faster than others of her race, the Speed Demon or Supido Kyo, know to be the fastest creatures on the planet, but they only reached speeds barely faster than a flying dragon, Argent reached speeds that made the world slow down around her. Using this speed she would deliver packages to individuals that asked and paid the 100 gold fee.

She had a good relationship with many of the people she regularly delivered items for, King Zebadiah was always fighting an eternal war against his brother who wanted the kingdom for himself, meaning her quick deliveries were enjoyed. There were some however that felt her quick deliveries were a problem, and wanted her gone.

A good example was the merchants guild, who wanted her dead due to her taking most of her profits from deliveries to important individuals, deliveries that they wanted to take. Like now when they hired a chronomancer to slow her down enough to get an attack off, she just reversed the effect and made herself go even faster for a few seconds.

From the overabundance of temporal energy in her body she had some experience in time magic, but prefer not to use it due to it actually slowing her down when she uses it herself, but reflecting others time magic was easy. All she had to do was insert her own temporal energy into the spell and then change the effect before it puts any strain on her body.

Speeding through the mountain city of Dwarholm, past the mother tree of the elves, and into the city of the summoned, Aincrad, where Argent lived. As she sped into her apartment, she grabbed a drink from her fridge and sat to watch the news, this week was the week of the hero summoning, when a hero was summoned from another world and given a second chance at life in this one.

Summonings like this were the reason why this city grew to be so advanced compared to the rest of the world, and it was open to all races, one could find demons and elves drinking at the local bar, a dwarf teaching his beastkin apprentice to smith, and a human and monsterkin falling in love. Argent was no exception to this rule with her Angel girlfriend being the one who came up with the delivery service.

"Argent your back!"

"Hey Jaune, Hows my little girl doing?"

"Sushi is doing fine, she's currently sleeping on her cat bed."

Argent hugged her beautiful girlfriend and turned on the tv, a news anchor on it speaking about the successful summoning of a young girl of 12, and how a random household will be chosen to take care of her. All families, and or young couples should report to the city hall by tomorrow, meaning that Argent and Jaune were included in the options.

"Do you think we'd be good parents?"

"Of course my experience and your attentiveness would make us the best parents."

"Well lets just hope that we don't get chosen to take care of the new summoned heroine."

4