2. Beginning
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He felt the sensation of air grazing against his skin. It was as if he was falling. He opened his eyes and the bright blue sky greeted him. Clouds filled his vision as he stared at the ever-distancing formation of water vapour. He took a deep breath and uttered, "Someone's going to die later".

He turned around and saw the ground far away from him. Sure enough, he was falling from the sky as he guessed. Without any way of breaking his fall, at that.

He stared at the ground that was coming closer and calculated the distance. Seeing that he had several minutes, he scanned the surroundings. As he was high up, he could see a lot of things. Such as falling onto a plain.

There's a forest to the north, and a river or something along those lines to the east. Other than that, there's nothing else save for green grass. After confirming a few times that no one was there, he closed his eyes and sighed. "I really don't want to do this".

Dark red liquid started gathering on his back. In just seconds, a wing resembling that of a demon formed. A blood-red wing, spreading majestically across his back. With a flap, he slowed down his fall from terminal velocity. After several more flaps, he was hovering in the air.

What he used was a technique he accidentally developed in his past life. It started as a form for when he was mortally wounded but after a series of events, he managed to control it. It's a technique that uses one's blood to form appendages, whether it's extra limbs or something completely new. He, or rather the others who saw him, called it Blood Demon. Of all the other techniques, this one was the most versatile. Still, using it too long would make him feel anaemic.

He flew down onto the ground and retracted his wings. As per other blood weaponry, the wings disintegrated after they served their purpose. Shiroe looked up at the sky and uttered, "Ket? Do you hear me?"

There was no answer from the God, so he tried again. Still, the result was the same. A sense of deja vu washed over him as he thought about her not keeping the contract. It was then when suddenly, he heard her voice.

"Uhh, hello? Hello hello? This is Ket. You hear me?"

Her voice echoed right into his head. There was static as if she was talking through a walkie-talkie.

"Yes. There's some static, though"

"Hmm? Wait a moment"

There's a sound of wrench tightening screws, and something falling coming through. A few seconds later, she spoke again.

"How's now?".

Her voice sounds the same as if she's in front of him. He nodded and said, "Loud and clear".

"Good. It's been a while since I used this thing. Don't worry about that. Anyways, where are you?"

"You can't see me?"

"I know the area, but not the location. I might be omniscient, but that means I just know everything. Knowing is different from seeing, you see?"

"If that's the case, then I'm in a plains. There are trees. Grass. And rocks"

"Do you have the slightest idea how little that narrows it down?".

"Well, I'm not an author, so I am terrible at describing. Don't you have some skills or power to see?"

"There is one, but it involves us sharing our vision"

"It's better than me describing everything. Bring it on"

"Alright," she said, "You asked for this. Endure for a moment, please"

"Endure wha-?"

Before he could finish his sentence, he was struck by an absurdly strong feeling of pain in both of his eyes. It was as if his eyes were being ripped apart. He groaned in pain as he kneeled on the ground, covering his eyes as he muttered something. The pain only lasted for several seconds, but it felt like an eternity. He couldn't remember the last time he felt such pain.

He reopened his eyes, revealing his signature orange and blue eyes. They shimmer with a tinge of green for a moment, before returning to normal. He opened his mouth as he stared at the ground.

"What in the world is that?! Are you trying to kill me or something?"

"Before I could warn you, you just agreed"

"Still"

He got back up and looked at the surroundings. Sensing that something was wrong, he asked, "Is this how you perceive things?"

"In the world? Yes. I can see information about things"

In his vision, everywhere he looked had something like a screen on it, providing information about that particular item. He blinked a few times and the screens disappeared.

"So it's like [Appraisal]?" he asked.

"In a way. Except, you can see more information about anything. Anyways, do you feel weird?"

"Like what?"

"A terrible headache or something? You're looking through the eyes of a god, you know? It was like constantly using appraisal on everything"

"I disabled my pain receptors, so that's that. Plus, I don't feel anything odd, so no, I guess"

"Hmm. I wonder if I can use you as a vessel?"

"Do that, and you'll lose your head"

He looked around and asked, "So does it work? Like seeing through a screen or-?"

"Like I said before, we share our vision. If I close my eyes, I'll see yours. And there's like a screen at the corner of my vision"

"I see... Well, what now?"

"I don't know"

Shiroe shot a glance at the heavens when she said that. "What do you mean by that?"

"I might have put you in too early"

"Don't you dare say-"

"You, or rather we, are 18 years before that thing happens".

Shiroe took a deep breath upon hearing that. He closed his eyes and thought of happy memories. After calming down for a bit, he spoke. "Ket"

"W-What?"

"Can you just tell me... What can I do to waste 18 years"

"Uh... You can train. Explore. Oh, gather familiars. And..."

"It's fine, just stop. Now, I want to ask you about the blessing"

"Oh, that? What do you want it to be?"

"Get me something that can make my energy never run out"

"But isn't that unbalanced?"

"Then something that can regenerate energy quickly. It's fine if it uses mana"

"That's debatable. Alright"

Shiroe looked at the back of his left palm and saw a crest glowing in a bluish light. It reminded him of the past. About the master-servant crest on his right hand. After several moments, the light disappeared, along with the crest. Ket confirmed that it was done.

Shiroe looked around and saw a rock. Calmly, he grabbed the rock and calmly, he threw it as far as he could. The rock simply vanished in a blink of an eye. "Tell me what to do now, O my God whom I'll cut down one day" he said, in a very calm and non-aggressive tone.

~~~~~~

"Hey, Ket. I think your status screen is broken. It doesn't show anything" uttered Shiroe as he stared at the blank screen in front of him.

"I haven't registered you yet, so that's why. Try this one first".

The screen disappeared, and a black one appeared. It didn't have any design whatsoever, except for the white text on it. If one would compare it to something, one would say it looked like a Command Prompt. Not Powershell, but a CMD.

Shiroe examined the letters written on top of the screen. He could see his status and skills. Partially.

-----

Akatsuki Shiroe

Level 1

HP: 200 + [Error]

MP: 250 + [Error]

Skills:

[Summon] Level 1

[Trance] Level 1

[Recovery] Level 1

[Blood Manipulation] Level ???

[Crystal Manipulation] Level ???

[Fire Manipulation] Level ???

[Spacial Manipulation] Level ???

[Mana Manipulation] Level ???

-----

There were a few more things he could see, but they weren't important, so he just glossed them over. He then asked if others who used appraisal would see his stats or not.

"What they would see is just that blank screen from earlier. Even if they possess [Eye of God], they can only view things that are on the system, albeit more detailed. Those who possess administration privilege still can't do anything to disturb the core of the system. Anyways, under what name do I register you?".

"Uhh... Good point. How about we think of that later?"

"Alright. And you're done"

A status screen popped up in front of him. This time, it was the first one from earlier. His eyes scanned his status and noticed that the skills which he got from Astra weren't there. It just showed the basics and the skills he gained here. With a flick of a finger, the screen disappeared.

"Now" he said, "What creatures lives roam plains?"

"So. What is this?" he asked. He had walked for several hours without breaking a sweat, looking for any creature. However, he found nothing except flora, as if fauna hated him. After a few more hours, he met something.

"That is a Green Slime," said Ket, "A condensed form of magic that gained a bit of intelligence. The weakest creature of its species".

"Interesting" he uttered as he stared at the slime. The slime, perhaps due to fear or instincts, shivered. Shiroe never met a slime before, even in his previous world. After all, in that place, condensed magic wasn't a good idea.

He crouched and reached out to the slime. The slime cowered in fear for a moment, before noticing that he didn't do anything. It hesitantly moved forward and touched his fingers.

"Well, how do I form a contract?"

"Really? A slime? Anyways, you just think of forming a contract. The System will do the rest".

He nodded and did what she said. Almost instantly, a screen appeared in front of him. A screen telling him to confirm whether to recruit this slime or not. He clicked the 'Yes' button, and the screen disappeared. The slime then glowed for a moment.

"Congratulations on your first familiar. What would you name it?"

"Ein"

"What does that mean?"

"One"

"... I shouldn't have asked"

He continued walking for hours to come. The day, from morning, turned to evening. As he stared at the setting sun, he was reminded of his family. He closed his eyes, which prompted Ket to ask if he was okay. He brushed her question off with another one.

He looked at the slime on his right shoulder and asked, "What if I feed him a piece of Stellaron?"

"He would die"

"How about metals?"

"He would die"

"Is there anything I can feed him that won't kill him?"

"You can feed him grass. Or food. Or rocks. He'll absorb anything in nature"

"Can he like, evolve or something?"

"Yes. If it gained enough magic and level, it can evolve"

"Can it change shape?"

"It's a slime, Shiroe"

"Well, can I make a sword from him?"

"Don't know. Haven't tried. Maybe, but it'll be weak"

At the moment, he was sitting beside a campfire. He kicked down a nearby tree and smashed the logs to make firewood. He had the energy to go on, but that wasn't the case for Ket. He could hear her yawning several times. He could proceed while she's asleep, but he would rather her be there. So he decided to take a rest.

"Sword," he said as he placed his blood-red single-edged sword. "This is a sword. Try that".

Ein listened to him and started changing shape. The two had been going for a few hours already. Ein grasped the basic geometric shapes, so he decided to try complex ones. Ein changed shape into a sword if you still can call it that. It was just a big rod with an unstable hilt. Not only that, but it is soft and flimsy, so it can't be used yet.

0