Chapter 1: The Transfer Student
491 12 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Ring ring ring* 
The sound of an alarm cloak echoing throughout the room, awoke the sleeping boy who was just starting to stir, this boy was Kei Kishimoto a 17 year old highschool student attending Hikari academy.  Kei stretched his aching body before slowing rising from his bed with a tired and weary look attached to his face.  

Kei Yawned sleepily 

"Back to normality" Kei said bluntly whilst looking at this uniform that was neatly hanging from his closet door.  The alarm clock on the bedside table was still issuing its incessant ringing sound, that was starting to repetitively assault Kei's ears. 

"Let's turn this damn thing off" Kei said as he pressed down on the mechanism atop of his clock. Suddenly Kei's eyes widened in shock as he looked at the clock more intently, the time on the clock read "8:50AM". 

"ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH CLASS STARTS IN 10 MINUTES I AM GONNA BE LATE!!!!!!!!

Kei jumped out of his bed, the cold wooden floor greeting his bare feet as they hit the floor, he ran into the bathroom to wash up and brush his teeth not as well as he could have done if he was not in a rush but time was of the essence. Once exiting the bathroom he grabbed his uniform off the closet door and threw it on as quickly as possible.  

Once fully dressed Kei bolted down across the hall, down the stairs, grabbed his school bag that was sitting on the floor propped up against the wall next to the front door, and headed out. 

Kei ran down the streets of his suburban neighborhood as fast as he could taking no time to take in any of the scenery which really was not much, houses on either side of the street separated by small alleyways, a few convenience stores and electronic stores were little throughout some of the streets.  Luckily Kei only lived about 5 or so minutes from his school as it was only a few blocks down from his house. 

He turned the corner at the end of the street and was greeted with a familiar sight, the main school building with the words Hikari academy spelled out across the top of the main entrance.  Not wasting a second Kei ran inside and made his way to the classroom, what he did not see upon entering the school was the clock in the main entrance that read 9:05AM... he was late.

Kei slid the door to his classroom open, he was met with a stunned silence as virtually an entire classroom full of his students as well as the teacher who was stood at the front of the room all turned their heads to look at him, the teacher in particular had a displeased look on her face. 

"Nice of you to join us Mr Kishimoto" The teacher said with serious tone. 

Kei gave a sigh in response. 

"Sorry i am late, please forgive me" Kei bowed his head low in apology 

"Very well, i will look past it this time, but tardyness will not be tolerated please be more responsible in future" 

Kei nodded in response. 

The teacher gestured to the the empty desk that sat by the window at the back of the room. 

"Take your seat over there Kishimoto" 

Kei made his way to his seat at the back of the classroom and sat down crossing his arms on the wooden desk infront of him, Kei buried his head into his arms and looked out the window. he thought to himself 

It comes to something when being late to class is the most interesting thing you can say happened in a day, how ordinary, a life full of ordinariness, time will waste by with nothing interesting or different happening, ill just be another statistic, another not on the piece of endless string that is life. How i wish i could be more than what i am, do more that what i am capable of now. I wish i could stand out from the crowd and do something incredible. but i am destined to live nothing more than a boring mediocre life. 

Kei sighed as his thoughts were starting to depress him. 

"Its not like you to be late Kishimoto-kun" A voice called out in front of him. 

He lifted his head from the desk and saw a female student had spun her chair around to face him, the student had a slim figure and a respectable bust, her eyes were a bright blue color, her long blonde hair ran like silk down her back and was styled into a pony tail. she was definitely quite the looker. 

"Oh hello Ayano, yeah i don't know what happened guess i just overslept happens to everyone at some point" 

A sly grin spread across Ayano's face 

"Yes, but most people have legitimate excuses, because its you i am betting you were late because you were busy thinking scandalous thoughts about some girl weren't you" Ayano said with an air of smugness to her. 

"Where would you get an idea like that from" 

Ayano raised a finger into the air as if about to make an important statement. 

"Because Kishimoto you are quiet and everyone knows that the quiet ones are often the biggest perverts" 

Kei scoffed in response to Ayano's statement

"Its ok Kishimoto-kun you don't need to hide your perverted nature from me..... i mean you can perve out on me all you want" Ayano said as she brought one of her hands up to cup her face. 

Kei could not help but have his eyes momentarily drawn to Ayano's beautiful figure, before he could become fully entranced he quickly tilted his head to once again look out the window. "Don't tease me like that"  

Ayano began giggling to herself 

"Awwwww how cute, you are so gullible Kishimoto-kun, i am joking of course we are friends you know" Ayano stated with a big smile on her face. 

"That we are" 

Suddenly the teach called everyone attention to the front of the room. 

"Ok class, i have just received some information that i have to share with you. Today we will be joined by a transfer student who will be joining us as of today, I ask that all of you are on your best behavior and make her feel as welcomed as you can" The teacher said with stern look on her face. 

Most of the class began mumbling to themselves, alot of the male members of the class began discussing about how they wanted the new classmate to be a real cutie, Kei did not really feel two ways about the whole situation. 

The teacher looked over at the classroom door. 

"Ok dear, you can come in now" 

The door slowly slid open and the student slowly walked in. 

Kei tilted his head to look at the front of the class and his eyes widened and his mouth dropped open so much so it was a surprise it didn't hit the desk in front of him. 

She was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen, her long black hair looked like smooth shiny silk as it ran elegantly down her back, her figure was slim and her eyes black.  Once again Kei's eyes were drawn to the girls chest which for a girl in highschool was sizable to say the least. Maybe Ayano had a point with what she said earlier about quiet people being the biggest perverts, Kei thought. 

The girl stood at the front of the class and spoke in a soft but clear voice. "Hello everyone, my name is Luna Night its nice to meet you all and i hope we all get along" 

The male members of the class practically erupted into noise, phrases could be heard emanating from them things such as "so cute" and "damn i hope she is single" its almost as if they think she cant hear them Kei thought to himself. 

The teacher pointed to the empty desk that sat alongside Kei's desk. 

"Have seat over there Luna" 

Luna nodded in response and made her way gracefully over to her desk and sat down. 

"Oh one more thing.... since Luna is new to this school i want someone in the class to volunteer to show her around, so she can become accustomed to the building"  

Once again the class mainly the boys erupted into noise most of which were clamoring to be the first ones to offer their services to the new girl. 

Luna offered no response to the ruckus of the students, instead she simply turned her head to look at Kei. 

"You... would you please show me around" Her voice had not lost any of its clarity or its softness. 

Kei was slightly taken back by the sudden request after all why did she pick him when there was a virtual crowd of people who would have happily gave up there time to show her around, even still Kei thought it rude to deny her request. 

"Sure, no problem" 

Luna simply gave a slight smile in response then returned her attention to the class once everything had settled down. 

The bell to signal the end of the class echoed throughout the room, many of the students had gathered up there things and departed from the room. including Ayano Kei's friend who sat in front of him, she made a remark about having errands so she had to leave in a hurry.  

Kei was packing away his things into this school bag when he noticed a pair of black shoes standing next to his desk, he looked up to see Yuna standing by the desk holding her school bag infront of her with both hands. She definitely looked cute. 

"Ready to show me around" Luna said with smile. 

"Sure lets go, My name is Kei Kishimoto by the way" Realizing he hadn't introduced himself to her yet. 

Kei and Luna walked around the various school buildings as Kei explained the purpose of each room from the Sports room which came with a basket ball court and an outdoor tennis court, to the science labs which housed various pieces of equipment used for experiments, to the greenhouse which housed various plant life that were used for studies into agriculture. 

Whilst walking from the outside greenhouse back to the main school building, Kei turned to look at Luna who was busy gazing out into the woods that occupied the left side of the path they were walking on, the trees in these woods were cherry blossom trees which were in full bloom, which brought much beauty and color to the scenery. 

"So Luna can i ask you something" 

Luna turned her head away from the woods and looked into Kei's eyes. 

"Hmmm" 

Kei swallowed, becoming slightly nervous now that Luna was looking directly at him. 

"Why did you choose me to show you around, there seemed to be a lot of other people who wanted to help you" 

Luna stopped walking momentarily and placed a finger on her lips. 

"I just liked the look of you, there was something about you that interested me" 

Kei's heart began beating rapidly in his chest. 

Interested as in interested INTERESTED. Kei thought. 

"What do you mean something about me" Kei could not resist the urge to ask. 

Luna paused for a moment and then took a few steps closer to him. she was close enough that Kei could catch a hint of her perfume, she smells so good he thought as he heart began increasing in pace once again. 

"Don't know cant quite put my finger on it" Luna said as she booped Kei on the nose. 

She turned away from him 

"Thanks for showing me around today Kishimoto, i think that will suffice for now..... ill see you tomorrow" Luna said in her same clear but soft voice. 

"Uhh yeah see you tomorrow Luna" 

It was pretty late when Kei left the school this was mainly due to him staying behind to help his teacher with some assignment work he had been doing and it appears they had both lost track of time, and before either of them knew it night had fallen. Given how close Kei lived to the school it was so bad that he left school so late and had to walk back to his home at night. 

Kei walked from the school and got back to his street, he could see his house in the distance which was a sight for his sore eyes as he was starting to get quite tired.  

As Kei approached closer to his home,  the sound of a empty tin drinking can crashing out of one of the alleyways killed the deathly silence of the night. Kei jumped back slightly, he looked at the can and then looked down the alleyway where it had come from. Darkness clouded his view but he could hear a slight but consistent groaning sound emanating from the darkness. 

"Hello" He called out. 

The darkness gave no response, just the same eerie and consistent groaning sound. 

Even though every bone in his body told him not to walking to the darkness something seemed to pull at him that made him want to investigate. He swallowed hard and then slowly walked into the beckoning darkness of the alleyway. 

Kei's footsteps echoed with each step against the concrete floor, his eyes attempted to adjust to the darkness but even still he could not see anything in front of him. 

Suddenly a strange feeling could be felt underneath his feet, the ground had become wet, a slight splashing sound could be heard with each step he took. "I don't remember it raining" Kei thought as he continued to slowly walk into the alley. 

Finally after walking for what felt like an entirety, Kei could see a light shining a short distance ahead of him, the light came from a lampost that stretched over the street adjacent to the alley. Its light lit up a silhouette that seemed to be kneeling down. Kei paused for a moment and then proceed slowly towards the figure, as he got closer he could see the silhouette was  definitely human but he could not see any features. 

He got within an arms or so reach of the figure, his eyes widened and his face became filled with shock and fear as his eyes made a shocking realization, on the floor was a trail of blood leading from a previously unseen male human corpse lying on the ground to a pool of blood where Kei had just been standing he then realized what the liquid was that he had stepped in earlier, the silhouette that was knelt over him had its face buried in the corpses neck. 

"I can hear you breathing boy" A voice coming from the shadowy silhouette called out. 

Kei could do nothing but gasps at response to being found out. 

"Don't be shy, come closer, i won't bite......much" The man cackled as he sprung to his feet and turned to face Kei. 

"P-pp-please d-don'- 

Kei could barely speak due to fear. 

"Please what... please let me go, please don't kill me, blah blah blah, same old nonsense from you humans seriously you would think after all this time you would have learned to die with dignity, oh well you are not leaving this alley alive anyway so i guess it does not matter what your final words are" The mans evil voice echoed through the alley and buried themselves into Kei's mind. 

Kei wanted to turn and run, but he found his exit cut off by the shadow figure, how was that possible, how did he get infront of him so quickly!!! 

The man quickly grabbed Kei with immense strength that made it impossible for Kei to fight back, he choked and struggle against the mans strong grip. he was suddenly thrown against one of the walls of the alley, he hit with such force that it caused him to collapse into a heap on the floor. 

Kei could not move his body wrecked with pain, he began to sob as he realized what his fate was going to be. 

The man was slowly approaching him 

Kei closed his eyes 

"Any last words boy" 

Someone please help me.... please Kei thought. 

"Didn't anyone teach you not to play with your food" A female voice called out from above the alleyway. on the roof of the build adjacent to the alleyway stood a female figure. In a flash she had jumped from the roof and was now standing in front of Kei who was still laying prone on the ground. 

"Who are you Bitch" The male shadowy figure called out. 

"Now that is no way to speak to a Lady, especially when you speak to me Luna Night!" 

"L-Luna Night... you are part of the Night clan" 

Luna flicked her hair over he shoulder.

"Yes and for harming this human i will sentence you to death" 

A look of rage overtook the male. 

"OH YEAH I DON'T CARE WHO YOU ARE, YOU THREATEN ME ILL KILL YOU!" 

He charged at Luna with surprising speed. 

Luna smiled in response. 

Suddenly the man was choking and gagging blood was pooling in his mouth and his body was jerking in pain, he looked down and saw Luna had plunged her hand into his chest. 

"I warned you and now you are going to die like the scum you are stray" 

Luna clutched onto the mans still beating heart and yanked out her hand pulling the mans heart straight out of his chest, a fountain of blood spurted up to greet the night sky as the mans body collapsed onto the ground with a thud. 

Kei's vision was slowly fading to black as he was losing consciousness due to the injury he had sustained. 

The last thing he saw before his vision faded to black, was Luna's black shoes walking towards him. 

 

Kei slowly opened his eyes, his body ached and strained with every micro movement he made, he felt like he had just been hit by a truck. as his eyes adjusted, he realized he was in a familiar location, he was lying in his own bed in his room. 

How did i get here? what happened back there in the alley? What the hell is going on? were some of the multitude of questions that were racing around in Kei's mind.

A soft moan could be heard close by. 

Kei gasped and tilted his eyes to look to his left. 

Lying in the bed next to him was Luna, she was asleep only she was not wearing her school uniform instead she was wearing a short black dress that flowed down just past her thighs. 

Kei wanted to scream and jump out of his bed but both his voice and his body were too fatigued to make any sort of stressful movement. 

Luna's eyes slowly opened she looked at Kei and smiled. 

"Hello again Kei, your finally awake it seems" Luna said with a soft voice 

"uhhh Y-yeah... ummm Luna what is happening? why are you in my room, how did you know where i lived and what the hell happened in that alley" Kei asked question after question in rapid succession. 

"Well i brought you here after your little incident in the alley and the answer to your question as to how i knew where you lived, before you passed out i carried you out of the alleyway and asked you where you lived and you managed to tell me before losing consciousness, so i brought you here and put you to bed to let you recover but then i started getting tired myself so i decided to borrow your left side of the bed for a bit, hope you don't mind" 

Kei took some deep breaths in an attempt to calm himself. 

"And to answer your question as to what happened" 

Luna placed a hand on Kei's chest and guided him back down into a prone position on his bed, she then swung her leg around him straddling his body between her slender legs.  She leaned her upper body slightly closer to his. 

"What happened was, you met a vampire and you came within an inch of being killed, but lucky for you i saved you..... you are probably thinking right now VAMPIRE there is no way how is that possible this is the real world vampires don't exist, this must be a joke" 

Luna was not wrong in what Kei was thinking in fact she was exactly right.

"Well allow me to put your mind at ease and prove it to you.... because my dear Kei......" 

Luna leaned her head back slight so Kei could see her face fully. she shut her eyes momentarily then opened them.

Her eyes were a piercing red, the whites of her eyes had changed to black. Short sharp fangs protruded from her upper and lower mouth. 

"I am a Vampire" 

 

 

 

 

 

9