Chap 6: grade 3 curse first fight.
1.4k 14 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Takumi got off the train at his destination, he quickly grab a map from his [inventory]. Following the direction of the map, he found the place he could hunt a curse spirit. A forest on the outside of the city, even when standing outside of it, he can still feel a faint fragment of curse energy.

It's like a ominous purple mist-like fog, coming from inside of the forest itself.   

[Quest: exorcised curses 0/1] 

[Reward: 1 gacha pull] 

This would be his first time going to fight with curses in a real situation. For most of his time living in the city, most of the curses he came across was only grade 4. Small, with no actuall harm to him. At worst they're a nuisance as they could still cause minor headache or "invisible" pain to a normal human. 

Beside that, they poses no threat and can be easily killed, the first time he exorcised a curse wasn't hard at all. They were killed by a simple slash from his knife.  

Through Takumi didn't get any reward for exorcising them. The system told him it's because he have to do a quest or fight a stronger one for the system to count. 

Slowly, Takumi begin moving into the forest. Walking for a small period of time, it din't take long for him to find a curse spirit. 

Hidding himself behind a nearby tree, Takumi saw the objective of his quest, away about 20 meter in a clearing in front of him is a curse spirit. It looks almost humanoid, with a skinny appearance, pale white skin, standing on two legs, with a long arm two long arms with sharp claws raised close to it's face which is covered in black hair.

The curse didn't seemed to noticed of Takumi presence yet, so he decided to make a suprise hit on it. Setting his blade down, he began to say something in a small voice. 

"Branching out wire..."

Weaving a hand sign. Takumi silently chanted. 

"Intertwined webbing...united in one mind."

*swish* 

Finishing his chant, two mirror copy of Takumi appear by his side. Takumi grab the tonfa and knife out of his [inventory] and gave them to the copies. 

Two Takumi came out from the treeline, running toward the curse spirit. Takumi 1nd on the right armed with the katana and Takumi 2nd on the left armed with the tonfa. 

They were already in striking distance when the curse noticed them. Moving with cordination, Takumi 1nd draw his blade as fast as he could but the curse was able to raise it's claw arm up in time to deflect his strike. 

*clang* 

The curse was about to raise it's other arm to retaliate when Takumi 2nd hit the curse stomache with both of his tonfa. Staggering the curse, bying enough for the two to take a few steps back. 

The monster, gaining it's footing. Rise up on all four while eying the both of them hungrily with its mouth full of sharp fangs as drool flowed from its mouth.

It send one of it's claw hand toward Takumi 1nd, without order, Takumi 2nd got infront of it and block it using his tonfas. The wooden weapon groans under the presure of the monster attack. 

Following up with an counter attack, Takumi 1nd going to cut the curse hand off. Coating his blade in a green flame-like aura, Takumi bring his sword down on the monster hand. 

*screech* 

It scream in pain as one of it's arm fell on to the ground. Purple blood spurt from it's wound.

The two thought the curse would retreat back to make some distance but they were wrong, instead of what they think would happened. The curse got angrier and like a mindless beast, charged head first at Takumi 1nd with it's remaining claw arm. 

Takumi 2nd reacted just in time to got in bewteen them, raised his hand to block the upcoming attack for Takumi 1nd, but the hit over powered him. The wooden tonfas, unable to handle the attack of the angry curse spirit was shattered and send him backward. 

The excess force of that attack push both of the Takumi, sliding backward across the ground. With both of them tanking the hit, they didn't suffer much damage. But with only one of them have a weapon, they're at a disadvantage.

Takumi 1nd and the curse spirit colided. His blade meet the claw arm of the monster creatue. The two clash, leaving spark flying off. 

In the eye of the curse, it think it's about to win, it smile triumphantly through it's filthy monster teeth. With it's guard lowered. It has completely unawared of the real Takumi who's been waiting all this time, running up behind of the curse spirit with a knife glowing in green curse energy. 

*Crush* 

The beast didn't even have the time to react as Takumi knife pierced straight through its head. Purple blood runs down from it's forehead where the blade of Takumi knife has pierce through. 

He retracted his knife letting the monster fall down lifelessly as it's body dissapear into black dust. 

[Quest: exorcised curses 1/1] 

[Quest completed]

[ + 1 energy] 

[ + 1 strenght] 

[Received: 1 gacha pull]  

[Pull available: 1] 

[Reward for first time killing a grade 3 curse unlock: 1 gacha pull, 1 new skill card, new feature unlock] 

[Lever up] 

[ + 5 free points]

[ + 1 Strenght] 

[ + 1 Perception] 

[ + 1 Agility]

[ + 1 Endurance]

[ + 1 Energy]

[+ 1 luck]

At the same time the system notify him upon the the completion of the quest with the floating see through srceen. 

"Ah nice, look at all these new stuff." Takumi said. 

But with much information in his face at the moment, he decided to take a look at it when he got back home. 

"How are you two doing ?" Takumi turned back to his copies.  

Takumi 1nd raise a thumbs up, while Takumi 2nd were struggling to raise his arm. It seemed that last hit from the curse really hurt him. 

"That bad huh. Thanks for the help, couldn't have done it without me. " 

The two copy disapear, as if they weren't here in the first place. 

"Hmm ?" Takumi was about to head back when something shinny caught his eye, looking down to where the curse spirit body was, there was an object lying on the ground. He came over to inspect it. The object he picked up look like a old silver key.  

[Item picked up: gate's key]  

Takumi brain didn't linger about this object too much so he put it into his [inventory] before going back home. 

46