Chapter 1
55 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"%$&%! No!"

"Keep them back Judas, I'll distract them!"

***

"Gah! Another strange dream, Why am I having these more often?"

Willow awoke from her slumber, her iridescent hair that showed that she had been infected with the Iridescent Plague falling in front of her face. She was the only Plaguebearer with iridescent hair, but she knew why she was different from the others who had multicolored hair instead, she could cure the plague, and it wasn't a slow acting cure either, no it happened fast and the person was free from the Plague lords control afterwards.

The Plague Lords were 4 of the most powerful infected, and the reason the infection of the Plague got to the level it is, but now that Willow, the first Curebearer was here, that infection would slow down. Even if currently she couldn't create more curebearers, she wouldn't hesitate to cure any who asked her for the cure.

She had a vague sense that the more she cured the stronger she would become, and so she set up shop in a town, offering to cure the infection for any supplies they had to spare, as despite the infection removing her need to sleep and eat, she still required water and medical supplies. She had some medical knowledge, and the survivors had brought her the bodies of other infected, usually dead infected, and asked her to study them, something she happily did for them.

Currently, she had the body of a Plague Boil, or as the humans called them, Boomers, explosive versions of the normal Plaguebearer, they have large boils of infectious pus on their bodies and very low intelligence. She grabbed her syringe and began to remove the pus from the body, placing it in vials to use as lures for other plaguebearers, as further infection causes them to mutate further, which meant infectious pus was a good way to lure the simple minded Plaguebearers to strategic locations.

Holding the know full vials, I took in my hand a scalpel, and began to cut open the chest of the Plague Boil, an infected I can't cure due to the infection affecting every part of the bodies instead of just the mind. She removed the heart of the Boil, and placed it in a formaldehyde jar, the very large and volatile organ ready to explode at any moment.

Removing the other organs, the lungs were filled with the infectious pus, the liver was shrunken, the kidneys had begun to rot, and many more problems presented itself. Sighing, Willow new that if an infected took the Plague Boil path of growth, she would never be able to cure them the mutations to volatile for the infected to live after the cure is administraighted.

Willow Took her scalpel and began to attempt to remove the brain, cutting off the first layer of skin, she grabbed her bone saw and began to cut through the now much more fragile skull. removing the now pure white brain, she placed it in storage and began to seal up the body, before dumping it, however, before she even got to doing it, she had an idea.

She took the vials of infectious pus and pushing her cure into it, turned the infection contained within into more cure, she then grabbed her syringe and began to inject every organ she removed with the cure pus, filling the lungs and the boils with it once more, before replacing all the organs and sealing up the body, watching as her new Cure Boil began to move.

It shambled off the table she had laid it on, as it began to search for any infection nearby, its only goal to cure everything it saw. Her human assistant entered the room around the same time it began moving and began to scream.

"No wait calm down Suzi, it's not going to harm you, I figured out how to create Cure Boils."

"What!? Are you serious!? Do you realize how dangerous that is!? You could have revived a plague boil instead!"

"I know, but I had studied it thoroughly beforehand and even if it didn't work, it would have died before it could harm anyone, as its organs are too damaged for the cure to truly work." 

Willow's assistant just sighed, as this was common for Willow to do, experiment on her patients and her victims, either curing them or turning them into unrecognizable monsters. It was common for the monster created to be completely subservient to Willow, as she used them to help cure large swaths of infection. 

"So Suzie, do you have any new things for me?"

"No Miss Willow, only that the guards had successfully subdued a Tank, and that they will be delivering the body to you soon."

"Ah! A Plague Brute, That's perfect for my goals, turning it into a Cure Brute might help us defend against the Plague Lords."

Willow felt a sharp pain in her head as her Assistant whacked her on the head with a clipboard, knocking Willow out of her mad scientist mode.

1