Chapter 1
71 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ha! You pretentious Bitch, your father paid good money to get us to kill you, said you were some classless bitch who couldn't even cast a single spell."

"Father really did that?"

Surrounding me were 5 mercenaries, rough and disgusting men who would even rebel against their own country for money. I don't understand why my father decided I was no longer needed, nor did I care at all, I was a scholar not a mage in the first place, and wasn't going to inherit the families land.

[Congrats! You have awakened your Class! (Classless) >>> Librarian of the Akashic Records: Skill gained; Akashic Records: Copy and store any skill seen before, includes all skills seen before the acquisition of this skill.]

I smirked at the convenience of the notification from the system, and seeing as my family was a magic based clan, I had plenty of spells to use.

"O, Fire Spirits hear my call, incinerate all who surround me and let your cleansing flames purify the world, Fire Ring!"

A massive wave of flames shot out from my body in a ring, reducing the mercenaries around me to ash, my mana completely drained from the spell, one of the highest ranked Fire School of magic spells. My body unable to handle the lack of mana, I fell to the ground, nearly unconscious as one last system notification rang out.

[User's Body is incompatible with the current class, forcing evolution to (Grimoire Spirit)]

"Heh..."

As my consciousness faded, a white cocoon wrapped around my body, as it changed on a fundamental level. My body and spirit separated, as the formerly human body transformed into a thick heavy black book, and my spirit became more physical. As the cocoon broke, shards of light disappearing around me, I stood up, the black grimoire that was my body floating just in front of me.

"Ow... My head, I wonder what that notification was about. System open my Status."

Name: Alice Silen

Race: Grimoire Spirit

Class: Librarian of the Akashic Records

Lv. 1/50 (0%)

Skills: Akashic Records, Omni-Affinity, Grimoire Body, Spirit Form, Skill Stealer

[View Akashic Records]

"Grimoire Spirit, is that a new race?"

[Grimoire spirits are a new race created to serve the Akashic Records in its goal of obtaining all knowledge, as a grimoire spirit, any magic you learn is written down in the grimoire in front of you, your body, if the grimoire is destroyed then you die.]

Thinking about it, I could see the benefits to my new race instantly, I could become invisible, I was immortal unless killed directly, and physical damage wouldn't work as long as my grimoire wasn't hit. Magic was a problem, but if I don't have my grimoire destroyed, I can likely recover.

"Open Akashic Records Please."

Akashic Records

*Magic:
Fire Ring
Chain Lightning
Tsunami
Storm Surge
Blizzard
Earthen Wrath
Fire Bolt
Thunder Bolt
Water Bolt
Wind Bolt
Ice Bolt
Stone Bolt
Fireball
Spark
Water Blast
Wind Blade
Icicle Shot
Stone Cannon
Healing Light
Shadow Sneak

Skills:
*Swordsmanship
*Archery
*Mana Control
*Conjuration
Artifact Crafting
*Knife Fighting
*Martial Arts
Berserk
*Axe Fighting
Final Bastion
*Appraisal
*Inventory

*These Skills/Magic are capable of being used

"So I'm capable of all magic, but only non-class specific skills, got it."

Nodding my head at the limits placed on me, I recognized some of the skills on the list, ones like Last Bastion which belonged to my older brother, a Paladin in training, to the Artifact crafting Skill owned by the dwarven smith I used to watch work when I was younger. Closing the Akashic Records, I prepared to return home, not because I love my father, no I was going to rub the fact I got a unique class in his face.

4