Clues
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Winnie's pov

“What are we to do now Quinn?” I asked with confusion, by the lost look on her face, she didn't know what to do also.

But I obviously didn't believe that, a girl is most likely being raped right now, she won't not do anything, especially since it involves her family's happiness.

 “Quinn" I pressed on, she simply hid her face behind her hands and shook them roughly, she refused to look at me.

I groaned in annoyance as I leaned over and tore her hands away from her face and gently cupped her cheeks, causing her to look at me.

 Her eyes held uncertainty and confusion, and that was not a good look, I need her back to her confident self, a confused Quinn isn't needed right now.

 “We have to help her Quinn, you have to think, and I know you can, you're fucking brilliant, think Quinn. Come on baby, think for me." I sighed in relief as clarity showed in her eyes.

 She took a deep breath as I leaned back into my seat, she geared up the car and rode us out.

 She drove for thirty minutes before she parked at the parking lot of what seemed to be a mall?

 As she turned off the engine, she bought her phone out and dialed a number, the voice flowing out of the device made me know that it was Sam.

 “What’s wrong?” He fired. Quinn took a deep breath to calm herself as she ordered “I need you to give Mercy your phone.”

 A reply didn't come back, he seemed to have put us on mute cause no sound came through.

 I simply looked at Quinn as she rested her head with eyes closed, I didn't ask what she was up to, I trusted her.

 Besides her side profile looked extremely sex- ' not now Winnie ' I chided myself as finally sound got through.

 “Quinn, you asked for me.” Mercy's voice came through as Quinn's eyes opened and her mouth asked " Mercy, I need you to tell me the exact day Rachel got kidnapped, when Adam showed you the video, the time frame he showed you the video, when the room looked like, if you heard any unusual sounds. " 

 I stared at her as my eyes brightened, ' I knew she'll figure something out. " 

 I think Mercy was gathering her thoughts as she didn't say anything for about five minutes, and when she did, she fired. 

 "She was kidnapped on the 26th, right after they agreed to the bomb deal, she seemed to have gotten kidnapped in the afternoon because I said I wouldn't help when it just struck twelve. He showed me the video on the same day, by five PM, umm, the room looked like a high class hotel room, I could be wrong because I think I saw trees through the window, but the walls were brick. It could be a hotel with tall trees, because when I saw the trees, the sky was close. And sounds, um, drums were playing, so maybe they had festivities then.

Will that help you find her Quinn? "

 A small smile appeared on Quinn's face at this moment as I searched for hotels with tall trees in Nigeria “definitely Mercy.” 

She ended the call

“You’re on Google" Quinn stated, I turned to look at her and smiled brightly at her "obviously, I'm not dumb" a hoarse laugh escaped her lips " or you simply understand me. " 

My heart beat sped up as my legs went weak, a nervous laugh escaped my lips, and thankfully before she could ask what's wrong, the search went through.

0