chapter 1: no heaven, no hell… just nothing
7 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dante's p.o.v

Can the end ever have a meaning if its very purpose was to end meaning itself?

If we're all born to die, then why the need for birth in the first place?

.

.

.

.

if death were the only way to eternal peace, then why do we still fear it...

The end is such a bitter truth, but at the end, it truly is the beauty that gives life its main purpose.

.

.

Then why do we hate it so much?...

.

.

.

we hate it because of its unexpectable nature... but... that narrative is wrong...

.

.

Because death is the only certainty in life... so why fear it?

.

.

.

oh yeah... because it's the painful truth that nothing ever last.

 

 

 

Dante's p.o.v

 

I stood behind a barrier conjured up by Father Alfred, created to shield me, Trinity, Mark, Lucy, and Rin from the catastrophic attack created by the evil before us. One of the so-called generals of the monarch is set to deliver the judgement of the monarch's very will upon us. A being that harbors the very power to extinguish your very soul and this same being was after my life and the lives of my loved ones around me

the 11th executioner. That was his name.

 

"It's over, saint... Your chronicle is mine, and the very existence of that accursed child shall seize to exist... By the order of the monarch, I hereby grant you all judgment." The 11th executioner roared as the attack started to become stronger and stronger, pushing the forcefield back even more. I held onto Trinity and Rin's unconscious bodies while Luca's and Mark's bodies remained behind me, hoping to protect them all while I kept trying to figure out a way to act and stop the executioner. But no matter how much I tried, the threat before me was leagues above my comprehension, even if I let the seal take control It won't be enough. I continued to contemplate the very difficulty of this situation I was in right now until I was broken out of my very wave of thoughts by my teacher, my mentor... The one I saw was closest to a father

Father Alfred,

"I'm sorry, Dante... It was all my fault; I placed you all in this mess. A mess that might as well cost you all your lives... the barrier can't hold forever, Dante" Father Alfred informed me as the ball of energy continued to push into the barrier, to the point that even the heat melted the ground around us to magma. "The spell the 11th executioner cast before is limiting my powers beyond their normal control, and so there's not much time anymore."

"Father Alfred, please, there's no need to apologize; we can do this; I can try and buy you some time; and we all can escape this problem... I can use the seal to help." I cried out, trying to suggest a way to help, but I was caught off guard by Father Alfred's soft laughter with tears at the corner of his eyes.

"You are always so full of ideas, young Dante... Trying to put others before you, like always... I'm truly sorry, so please accept my final gift to you all," he said as the barrier started to break little by little. He turned his face toward me and gave me his most grateful smile. A smile that showed how content he was—a smile of defeat His chronicle started to glow white as the light from it started to cloak me, Trinity, and Rin. "For death is the penalty we all pay for the privilege of life, and I... shall take that penalty from you all... and suffer it alone, for what is a good father without taking suffering from his children?"

"FATHER ALFRED!!!" I cried out in despair as the barrier finally broke. Father Alfred let go and fully faced us.

"Die!" the executioner roared out with the blast coming at us.

"Take care of them, Dante...

Come forth the power that transcends the law of existence... The power over death

Sacred technique: Ascension!"

 

.

.

.

.

.

'where am i?... where's everyone else? Trinity? Rin? Luca? Mark?... father Alfred?' wondering where I was, i kept on trying to recall what had just previously transpired… the great lost and emptiness that plagues my heart…

 

'… so, it's all over… I couldn't protect them all, why am I not feeling anything… is this how a dead person feels after he or she crosses over… this sense of… void. No more pain… no more happiness… no more sorrow… no more suffering… should I be happy or sad?... what's the point, I can't do anything anymore…? I'm useless… I've always been from the very being… I wonder

.

.

If the end was the fate of everything… then why should there ever be a beginning in the first place?... was the end really a bad thing from the very beginning' feeling the great abyss around my form pulling me into the empty void, I thought with a last glance at the sky above me… stars… 'at least… I can end with my loved ones, having this view above me… truly a wonderful gift for someone undeserving… like me.'

"…beautiful…" I whispered with my final breath, ready to accept my fate while admiring the beauty of the cluster of stars… a Stella nebula… (the birth of stars), as I prepared to close my eyes… I felt something like strange mana presence coming close by to me… as if it was heading towards me… "…huh?"

I felt a sudden hit to my side, throwing me out of my void state and filling me with something I thought I'll never feel again… pain

Hitting the edge of a very tall tower the momentum flung me directly straight to the bottom floor of the tower, slamming through every floor made my whole bones to shake with every impact… but at reaching the final floor, the impact I made with the ground must have shaken the entire tower as a result of the force.

I felt my body dismantled by the attack and was shocked I… survived it… but… ain't I already dead…

'this pain is too… unbearable… maybe am in hell, and this is the price I have to pay for causing the deaths of my friends… if so, then so be it.' I started to close my eyes, accepting this new fate of eternal punishment, feeling myself losing my grip on consciousness I began to close my eyes once again.

.

.

.

.

 

Third person's p.o.v

 

 

"YOU WISH CHILD…" a figure approaching Dante's dismantled body, spoke with a voice that seemed to overwhelm everything present as the force of its voice manipulated the very void that inhabited the space around them. But one thing was very unique and peculiar about his appearance, and that was the two flaring red and golden glowing eyes that seemed to exert a feeling of power that no one except for that being can handle. The being had chains of pure white extruding out of its very form, which was shrouded in a mist of endless darkness… though of course, the being stood at a staggering 8 feet in size, adding to the dominating effect of its already overflowing mana presence.

"I HAVE BEEN WANTING TO DO THAT FOR SO LONG… THOUGH IT SEEMS I TOOK IT TOO FAR, HAHAHAHA, ENOUGH NOW." The being chuckled before focusing on Dante corpses… as a sudden wind started to encircle him and dante with both their form changing. The dust filled everywhere with a gust of glowing reddish-purple mana; the dust finally cleared to reveal dante body now in full health and was back to normal, but now was wearing a Gi trouser and bandages around his two arms, but with a golden metal collar around his neck and finally with a white chain connected to his collar dangling just above his waist region. While the other being on the other hand was now in the form of a man around his late twenties, adored in a black suit and seemed to have a strange mask on his face that seems to cast a mist around his face, cloaking it and emphasizing the red and gold glowing eyes. The moment the gust stopped, the being stood in front of Dante's body and gave a very chilling grin that seemed to activate a strange symbol around the two. "AFTER SO MANY EONS… I FINALLY HAVE THE UPPER HAND, NOW… LET'S TRY THIS AGAIN."

A sudden emptiness filled the space, as the entity's smile became even more twisted… and then swiftly a vacuum of suspense filled the surrounding, as if the whole of existence stood still in anticipation of the coming outcome.

"YOU KNOW BOY… YOU DO MAKE A VALID POINT THAT I COULDN'T HELP BUT AGREE WITH… IF THE END WAS THE FATE OF EVERYTHING… THEN WHY SHOULD THERE EVER BE A BEGINNING IN THE FIRST PLACE, AND THAT'S WHAT I'LL DO, I WILL BRING THE ORDER BACK TO ITS RIGHTFUL PLACE… WITH THE TRUE MEANING OF PURPOSE… WATCH ME BROTHER AS I BEGIN MY REVENGE!" the entity held with a voice that could shake the very heavens, as he began to move away from Dante's body which started to release a black abyss mist with red stains… and with a sudden crack on dante collar around his neck, the being opened his mouth and ordered.

.

.

"AWAKEN… CHILD…."

 

Dante's eyes flung open and an ominous roar erupted from his maul, with black and white veins covering his whole body and reaching his eyes, with his right eye having the black vein and the other having the white vein. The tower shook from the surge of power and a black light started to emit from it which began to illuminate the whole realm around them… revealing a bone chilling site of a titan being held by all the stars in the cosmos with white chains connecting holding the titan down, as the titan wore a twisted smile and wore a golden mask that hide its face.

"RISE ONCE MORE" the titan spoke out, shaking the whole void prison from its few words. "LET THE COSMOS FEEL MY PRESENCE"

 

 

1