chapter 3: The end… no, we’re just getting started
7 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Back in the real whole

 

11th Executioner p.o.v

 

 

'finally, it's done.' I tried to move forward towards the destroyed sight of the terrain where I killed the boy, along with his friends and Alfred, but I immediately went down on one knee as the fatigue over my body began to finally set in, causing me an overwhelming wave of general weakness throughout my body.

"Argh, damn it, I really took a lot of damage from all the battles with the saint and those brats." I said with a vexed look on my face as I coughed out some blood from my mouth. I then tried to use my right hand to push myself up from the ground, but a sudden pain surged through my body as I pushed off from my right arm. I brought up my arm to examine it and why it was still aching me till now, and as I finally saw it, I immediately recognized the injury from that boy. and that… him

 Flash back 

 

 

Snapped

 

The sound of the neck of the boy snapping rang through the air as I kept hold of his now-lifeless corpse with my right arm, which kept him above the ground, and my hand was still gripping on his neck. My hands ignited in my glowing blue mana in the form of flames as I was about to burn the boy's body to ashes and cider. 

"Too easy; it's over for you, boy... Today Azul has fallen, but my hands." I chimed in with a sadistic look on my face, my flames getting hotter and hotter as the smell of burning flesh filled the air. I finally glared at the boy and increased my grip on his neck, getting more sickening cracking noise from it, and I finally growled out. "now perish."

I was about to let the flames take over and consume the boy's body until... I felt a sudden chill go down my spine as the feeling of void and emptiness filled the air. and before I knew it, the whole world around me started to blink and flash in an inverted colored way, like a damaged touch light The sun behaved very similarly to that… But how and why? 'How is this happening? Who is responsible for this?

"Perish, you say?" I heard a distorted voice talking in front of me as I turned my head down to be met with an almost faceless child that only had a single feature on his face, and that was the sinister grin. But what truly made the kid an anomaly was the strange mana that cloaked him, giving the kid a clear contrast that seemed to contradict the inverted color world and the child, almost as if the child was not meant to be here. "It seems like someone is getting over his head."

I kept staring at the child, as if I were unable to move to look away. Just what power is this? The child turned his gaze towards the brat, and from what the anomaly saw, it just increased its malicious grin even more. 

"ENOUGH REST. AWAKEN, CHILD." The moment the kid said that, I was finally able to turn my gaze back to the 'dead' boy in my grip, and what I saw shook me as the boy's face seemed to be faceless like the strange kid from before, and now there was a red glow in his eyes that seemed to incapacitate my movement. I tried to fight back and increase the grip of my hand around the neck of the boy. But nothing was happening, and before I knew it, the boy brought up his right hand to grab my hand, holding his neck, and placed his hand around my forearm that was coated in my burning flames. I started to feel an abrupt pain that surged through my arm as I felt a cracking sensation around my forearm, and before I knew it, the boy finally roared out with a sudden intensity, like a monster being forcefully brought back to life. The boy shattered my hand and kept on holding until I saw his glare and heard him shout out in his now normal human voice.

"now duke!"

 

End of flashback

 

 

"that battle was truly a hard-fought one... But that kid's injury doesn't seem to heal totally; the bone has been healed, but the pain of it being broken is still there." I continued to examine the situation while actually managing to get back to my feet from the fatigue I felt earlier. I began to make my way to the crater sight, with an ominous glow being emitted from it as I made my way down it, and finally I was able to have a nice view of the chronicle—the monarch's chronicle of pure manipulation.

The chronicle was a bright white book that hovered above the ground like something of divinity; it seemed to release an aura that gave out both a calm presence and an existence of pure, raw power beyond someone's wildest imagination.

'so this is it... the raw power of a monarch, the power that defies space, time and soul... the only relic and sacred arm that literally embodies a mortal and proclaims them as a demigod, and this great power can only be obtained through a successor, making it almost impossible to will it if you're not next in line to become the next monarch' I kept my gaze on the relics as I pondered about their very existence, but then a smile gazed at my features as I approached the chronicle even closer. "but that doesn't matter now with Alfred gone and no longer the monarch, with the elimination of that curse... now the plan can commerce."

The chronicle began to glow brighter and brighter until it immediately shot up into the heavens, ultimately causing the clouds to glow in a bright light as they began to soar higher and higher until they were finally out of sight.

"hmp, it seems that his grace already knows the mission was successful... I just hope he doesn't delay the remaining resurrection." I growled out, my grin increasing in intensity.

 

 

At the unity monarch's abode 

 

Monarch's p.o.v

 

 

"Finally, he did it." I stood up from my seat, my body now glowing in a godly golden aura that soon filled the room. "After all this time of waiting, I finally got the power to bend this world to my very will and accomplish the prophecy."

All the bishops around me rose to their feet and bowed to their knees as the clouds of the heavens started to open up and glow in a bright white light. as if heaven and earth stood in anticipation.

"AFTER ALL THIS TIME, THE POWER OF THE CHRONICLE SHALL BE MINE! HIND MY WORDS AND BOW BEFORE ME! For I invoke the power beyond time, space, and soul." I started to feel the indescribable amount of power beginning to overcome my entire being as I finally raised my right hand to the sky and roared out with a sickening grin on my face. "COME TO ME!"

A mighty beam of light broke through the clouds and struck through the roof of the hall, ultimately reaching my hand and encasing me in a bright light. The force of the light caused a massive shockwave that shook the foundation of the great structure. But as the light began to shine, my new form was now revealed to the world.

"Amazing, so this is the power of a God." A bishop spoke with pure fear and astonishment as he viewed the newly formed me, with me being dressed in a cloak of pure light that seemed to be moving freely in the wind, and my crown was no more as I had a large halo revolving around my head, with an even gigantic halo directly at my back.

"NOW… WE CAN BEGIN." My voice boomed like thunder as I stretched out my hands,, and a chronicle appeared beside me by my right. I focused on the space in front of me,, which had a pentagram symbol inscribed on it,, but now it started to glow up with a golden light,, which began to intensify even more. "I CALL UPON THE SOULS OF THE GREAT WARRIORS OF APOCALYSE THE BEINGS THAT CHALLENGED THE END ENTITY AND GLORIFY 'HIS' PROPHECY... ARISE ONCE MORE KNIGHTS WHO WEILD THE POWER OF ERASURE... COMEFORTH, EXECUTIONERS!"

After I finished my chant, the pentagram faded away,, and this made me grin with great pleasure as I could already already feel there presence as a number of bishops in the hall started to look up with terrified looks on their faces.

"They live once more." One of the 12 bishops spoke and got on one knee. and immediately on queue... I turned my head up to the sky to reveal to myself their presence, as the 11 of them stood on air with each of their individual mana presences cloaking their beings. But my main interest was their eyes, which showed only a golden glow, indicating that the spell was a success, and from now on.

'I HAVE FULL CONTROL OVER THEM AT THIS POINT.'

 

 

 

Back to limbo

 

Third-person p.o.v

 

 

 

'...n-no…...'

 "I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS, BUT I CAN HELP YOU GAIN THE POWER YOU NEED TO HAVE YOUR REVENGE ON THOSE THAT CAUSED YOU THIS GREAT DESPAIR." The entity finished his speech as it just kept its gaze on Dante, and Dante failed to return to it.

"Why was I an exception? I could have gone with them. Why?" Dante coughed out with a trembling voice, slowly bringing up his hand and immediately smashing it back into the ground with so much force that he not only caused sudden turmoil but also broke his hands in the process, but still he continued to do so regardless of the pain.

"why! Why! WHY!" Dante roared out, with black veins starting to take over half of his body as they started to creep into his face. But then, before he could slam his hand back down, he suddenly stopped and froze, his eyes shaking in anger.

"IT SEEMS YOU ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWER, CHILD... SO NOW THE NEXT QUESTION IS VERY EASY." The entity shifted the space around them, bringing them to the top of the tower but also very close to the edge. Dante glares his eyes towards a glowing portal that stood just at the center of the tower. "WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT CHILD? YOU NOW CARRY THE PAIN LOST... SO ARE YOU GOING TO LET THEM GO?"

"What do I have to do?" Dante responded without showing much reaction or emotion in my voice, as he suddenly felt... an overwhelming rage but, at the same time, was just empty. But the entity appeared in front of Dante and simply said, With a grin.

"I AM SURE YOU WILL FIGURE IT OUT, SO WHY RUIN THE FUN?" The entity commented with a twisted grin that seemed to warp reality around it like a glitching video as it tapped its foot on the ground to create a shockwave that pushed Dante off the edge, putting a panicked look on his face as he began to fall. but not before hearing the entity say it one last time. "GOODBYE CHILD… FOR NOW (DARK CHUCKLE)"

And with that, all Dante saw was black as he fell deeper into the abyss. but of course this wasn't over.

 

1