Strings of fate
83 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"They say every hero is the villain of someone else's story. I never believed it until I found myself forced into the role, my hands stained with deeds I never imagined committing. But know this, I do not revel in this darkness; I am but a puppet, dancing to the strings of fate."

As the screams of people and the smell of something burning overwhelms my nose and ears, rain began to fall, extinguishing the fires and sliding against debris and ruined houses. However the only thing that was still standing tall was the ruin palace pouched on top of all and the most noticeable. 

The scent of blood and smoke twists and turns in my nostrils, but even though that was happening I was not affected by such .I knelt on the floor, rain soaking my honey-brown hair, blonde highlights adding bursts of color, with my knees exploding with pain. 

My wet hair framed my face making my eyes which captured the sky look even more captivating and alluring, but that wasn't the only thing that was noticeable on my face, blood was Interwoven into my blonde highlights and splattered all over my face. "Again.." My voice barely above a whisper. 

I glanced beside me and saw bodies strewn like fallen leaves, lifeless and still as the grave. Limbs were discarded and there was no sign of life coming from them. As I spiraled into my thoughts, feet slapping against the water made from the rain started to approach. 

"Alora Elipsa, your empire has fallen and your crimes to the Foustone empire and the other seven will be answered." I flipped my head to the familiar voice. Approaching, a man with long jet black hair cascaded down his back cutting apart at the sides by his large shoulders, eyes that seemed to be a void staring into your soul and a faint golden light floating around his body.

My heart leapt out of my chest, although it shouldn't have because this was a scene I have grown accustomed to, but this time it felt different and I felt more fear than the other times. "Please, I didn't have a choice." I say, trying to catch my breath in between. 

Just as I finished he was looming over me, his pale skin showed no signs of life and his features were sharp with that stern look on his face making my whole body tighten and become limp. "Is that so now?" He looked and sounded unsurprised and uninterested in what I had to say. "People like you will say anything to survive after wrecking chaos on innocent people."

"I don't have a choice." I repeated but this time my throat was in my stomach. His jet black eyes were dead set on me and for a moment I saw a glint of a golden light sparked in the center. Markings of a rune appeared on his forehead with a heavenly glow which was common to me but I would never know the feeling of that symbol .

" Luxia.." He says as a whisper but I heard it just fine. 

My heart stopped. 

A golden light swirls around his body, luminating the dark and his body as it goes up his lean figure in small circles. "May the spirits take you to the Astralum realm or May you seek the path that is meant for you, because your time has come to an end." 

"No! It's not my fault, it's not my fault, I didn't ask to become the villain!" I pleaded but it all fell on deaf ears because at the next second I saw the world turn and I lost all feeling of the lower half of my body, only a golden light plaguing the air like dancing stars.

4