9. When Destiny Embrace You Don’t Refuse
75 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

The next morning, Mai looked like a mess. Her hair was tousled, her face slightly swollen, and her eye rims were red and dark. She rubbed her eyes and yawned.

"I look like a bombed-out toilet."

She found it difficult to fall asleep last night because she kept thinking about Inspector Lin. Every time she closed her eyes to sleep, his beautiful bishounen face would always appear, making her heart race, and she couldn't relax her body. She even became aroused, and it happened several times. After many attempts, her body finally relaxed, and she could sleep.

Mai dunked her head in a basin of ice-cold water and repeated it a few times. With an aloe vera mask, she managed to reduce the swelling on her face. With a very thin layer of makeup, she covered her fair skin, making it look like she was slightly darker.

"Now I can blend in a bit with the dark-skinned women here. The beauty standard here is really different compared to the modern world."

She would have liked to try wearing a beautiful dress, but she was afraid of being discovered if she shopped for clothes. Everyone had ears and eyes in the imperial palace, and it was scary how quickly rumors spread.

At the Investigation Bureau, Mai was greeted by Inspector Lin lying face down on a massage table while a man stood over him massaging his back. He was dressed in a green robe with a golden dragon on the front.

Inspector Lin was still dressed, which made Mai furrow her brow. What the hell is going on? For a second, she thought she had walked into a massage parlor.

"Good morning, Inspector Lin."

"Good morning, Junior Luo Tian. You can just get started with the work. There's a lot we need to accomplish." Inspector Lin replied crisply.

Mai shot him a sharp glance. You mean there's a lot I need to accomplish!

She sat down at the table and yawned. She felt like she was wasting her time here and would rather cook and cure soldiers in the military, but at least she had a good view of a handsome man. But it was also torture at the same time because she found it hard to concentrate.

Mai had only just started looking at the top of the pile when Inspector Lin let out a loud grunt. She looked over at him and saw the masseur had pressed on a spot under his shoulder blades.

"Ouch, I said you should press in the right spots." Inspector Lin grunted again, this time loudly.

Mai thought an imperial masseur knew his stuff and struggled to keep a straight face. She giggled, and Inspector Lin heard her and gave her a sharp look.

"What are you laughing at, Junior Luo Tian? Is there something you'd like to share with us?"

"He's pressing you in the wrong places." Mai replied immediately, refocusing on her work.

The masseur furrowed his brows, looked at her with a sharp gaze, and said in a cold voice, "How dare you belittle me! You're not a trained physiotherapist, so what do you know about what's correct? You're just an accountant!"

"You're done here. You can leave." Inspector Lin suddenly said in a loud, cold voice, causing Mai to look up at him.

She thought it was directed at her, but suddenly the masseur was chased out, and as he closed the door, he glared at Mai.

Inspector Lin raised his left hand and beckoned her over. "Come here and do his job."

Mai furrowed her brows but approached him and stared at his back. "Inspector, that's not why I'm here."

"You chased away my masseur, so it's only natural you take over his position." Inspector Lin replied as if it were completely normal to do so.

Mai was good at massaging because her badminton camp had taught her. But this was entirely wrong!

"If you want the full effect, you should take off your top so I can get to the skin, otherwise, you won't feel much." Mai said and he sat up and took off his top, revealing his bare, beautifully toned upper body. He lay back on the table, and she placed her hands on his neck, feeling his soft skin.

"I'll start with the neck and move down to the legs. Do you want me to include the buttocks? Not everyone is accustomed to buttock massage."

"Just give me the whole thing." Inspector Lin replied, closing his eyes and preparing to enjoy a good massage. He rested his head on his hands and relaxed his body.

Mai gently pressed her fingers on his neck and lightly moved her hands down to his shoulders. She felt a lot of small, hard knots.

"You're very tense here, Inspector Lin." she said, pressing a knot to the right, eliciting a sound from him.

She was afraid she had pressed incorrectly and became worried. "It's important you tell me if it hurts. It's been a while since I've massaged anyone."

"It hurt in a good way. Just keep going." he replied, and she continued.

When she reached his right arm, she leaned forward to press out the knots.

Suddenly, Inspector Lin sniffed the air around him and said, "You smell like a woman, and your hands are soft and delicate."

Mai's heart beat faster, and her cheeks grew burning hot. Suddenly, she felt his hand grip her right wrist, and he moved his head up so her nose touched his neck. He let go of her, sat up, and looked at her.

"Massage me from the front." he suddenly said.

The table was tall and awkward for Mai's height, and she looked around and saw a bed and asked him to lie on it. As she was about to massage him and saw his lying position, she noticed his crotch, and something dawned on her. I can't possibly sit there! They weren't that close. But she also knew he could have her dismissed with a snap of his fingers. Would his wife get jealous? Screw it! She chose to take the chance. It's not every day a handsome man drops into her lap.

"Is there a pillow somewhere?"

Inspector Lin shook his head. "My masseur doesn't use pillows. Come and press my arms."

Mai furrowed her brows and hesitated for a second. He's not tricking me into anything, right?

She walked over to him, sat down carefully on his lap, leaned forward, and began pressing his left arm. He let out a sound even though she hadn't pressed hard.

She continued with the right arm, and Inspector Lin suddenly said, "You're good at that. You're pressing all the right spots."

"Practice makes perfect." Mai replied, feeling nervous and happy because she could feel him so close. Wasn't this something only couples did together?

This position was hard on her back, and it was difficult to keep her desires in check. Suddenly, Inspector Lin sat up, surprising her. He held onto her back, and she felt his warm, large hands. Their noses almost touched as he stared deeply into her eyes. She felt his warm breath and touched his bare chest, which was warm. A lovely feeling spread through her body, focusing on her heart, which beat faster, and her cheeks grew warm. She suddenly felt nervous and embarrassed at the same time.

Inspector Lin gently touched her right cheek, and she felt his warm, large hands. If she were to be punished for this, she wouldn't regret it.

"Your cheeks are so delicate. You look like a porcelain doll. Has anyone ever told you how incredibly beautiful and cute you are? I could eat you right now." he said in a gentle voice, and Mai felt weak in the knees.

She didn't know what to say. She normally didn't like compliments, but he spoke like an angel singing in her ears. Mai remembered that most women here had dark skin. She suddenly felt unsure of herself.

"Um, I look like a corpse compared to the other women."

"What we define as beauty is only for ourselves to judge." Inspector Lin replied, charmingly smiling at her, which completely captivated her. She felt something explode inside her.

"How do you look with your hair down?" he suddenly asked in a curious tone, and before Mai could answer, she felt him remove her hairpin. He loosened the tie with a quick motion, and her long, black, smooth hair fell, resting on her buttocks. Suddenly, a scent of flora filled the room, and Mai could suddenly smell her own homemade lotus hair treatment.

Inspector Lin's eyes widened suddenly, and he slowly ran his fingers through her hair as he sniffed it. He broke into a satisfied smile and closed his eyes.

Mai furrowed her brows at the sight. Does he have a hair fetish?

He opened his eyes and looked deeply into hers again, leaning forward slowly. Their lips touched, and she felt a pair of soft lips pressing against hers. He tasted like sweet candy - a strawberry flavor. She wanted more. She slipped her tongue into his mouth and became aroused. They kissed passionately for a while, and Mai pulled her lips away to catch her breath.

Inspector Lin looked at her and asked, "Why are you dressed as a man?"

Mai knew she couldn't deceive him and chose to be honest. "I didn't have a choice."

She didn't want to talk about it because it brought back bad memories.

Her gaze suddenly fell on his topknot.

"How do you look with your hair down, Inspector Lin?" she asked in a playful tone and ran her right hand over his black topknot and took it out. She loosened the tie, and his black hair fell. It was smooth, well-groomed, had a lovely fresh scent, and was medium-length, reaching just to his shoulders, which surprised her. Why did all men in Xianxia worlds always have hair down to their buttocks?

"You seem surprised. Does it look strange?" Inspector Lin asked, a worried expression on his face.

Mai shook her head, smiled, and answered in a soft voice, "I'm pleasantly surprised by how good you look with that hairstyle. It's hard to resist."

She was burning with a question and asked in a low voice, "Do you like me, Inspector Lin?"

He smiled and replied in a soft voice, "Mmm, I like you. I like you more than just like you."

When Mai heard those words, her heart raced, and something exploded in her body, and she felt ecstatic. She was happy!

She broke into a big smile and leaned forward. She kissed him on the lips and was met with a warm, soft tongue massaging hers. It was a long, wet kiss they both enjoyed.

Inspector Lin gently kissed her neck and moved further down towards her breasts. He loosened her belt and carefully pushed the robe down from her shoulders, revealing her fair skin as he kissed it softly. Mai felt a pair of warm, soft lips on her skin and a delightful electric sensation spread through her breasts. She moaned softly and felt him loosen the bandage on her back, which he carefully removed with his fingers.

Her fine, large breasts slowly emerged, and he gently caressed them with his hands and mouth. Mai felt things happening in her body, becoming wet between her legs, struggling to restrain her inner beast.

He kissed her breasts gently, and she felt his warm tongue and hands all over. Her nipples were incredibly sensitive, a delightful sensation coursing through them as his soft tongue played with them.

He gently nibbled on one breast and murmured, "You're so soft and increasingly fragrant. I'm surprised no one has noticed anything yet." Mai slowly felt a bulge forming beneath her, excited by it she rode him slowly.

Inspector Lin moaned softly and gently nibbled on her nipples.

"Mmm," she moaned softly, struggling to stay quiet.

She squeezed his back while her nails gently dug into his skin. As Lin moaned faster, she became more aroused. She closed her eyes and enjoyed his touch to the fullest. She had missed physical contact on this level. She had felt alone all these years even though she was constantly surrounded by people. Mai was overwhelmed with emotions, and when Inspector Lin gently bit her left nipple, a tear escaped from her right eye. She gently bit him on the neck and licked it softly.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. "Inspector Lin, an important report has arrived." a man said loudly.

Inspector Lin stopped and sighed deeply, and Mai felt his warm breath on her chest. He gently kissed her on the breast and said in a loud voice, "I'll be right there."

He looked up at her and said, "If he hadn't shown up, I would have eaten you." A confident smile spread across his lips.

Mai leaned down, and they kissed passionately for a few seconds before she pulled her lips away.

They hurried to get ready, and when they were done, Mai looked at Inspector Lin, who stood to her right.

"Can you keep this a secret?"

"What do I get out of it?" he asked, smiling at her.

Mai thought for a moment. What would a man want?

She walked up to him, hugged him, and looked up at him.

"A kiss every time you keep quiet. Do we have a deal?" She gave him doe eyes.

"Okay, we have a deal." he said immediately.

Mai stood on her tiptoes and gently kissed him on the lips tasting something sweet.

She licked her lips. "Now you better keep your promise, Inspector Lin, or I'll haunt you."

He smiled charmingly at her and said in a playful tone, "You can haunt me as often as you like. I'm always up for a challenge."

His words sent shivers down her spine, and she didn't know if he was joking or serious. He was creepy, yet she was still attracted to him.

Have I fallen for a weirdo?

She gave him her best smile and reached her right hand towards his left cheek, running her hand around his face. She grabbed her stack of papers from the table and reached for the door handle. She walked outside, closing the door slowly, and saw two men standing in the hallway, one of them holding a large black tube under his right arm with a red seal on it.

She formed a fist in salute, bowed to them, and hurried home.

 

4