Chapter 1 – Birth of a Ethereal Ice Dragon
290 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Throughout the world lived the Dragon clans, the Fire Dragons, Water Dragons, Earth Dragons and Air Dragons, with each clan living in their respective territories and wielding their own branch of dragon magic. They mostly live their lives in their humanoid form however some are capable of transforming into their full Dragon form.

On one cold night in Vodan Valley, within the Water Dragon’s village. A new child of the Water Dragon clan is about to be born, everyone who could come gathered outside Kafen’s bedroom.

The doctor from a nearby town helped Kafen while the midwife assisted her, “AAAEAEGGGAGGGE!” Kafen screamed.

The Dragon chief Jeuta assisted in comforting her “You will be alright” while holding her land. Eventually after hours of pain and pushing, the baby came out, suddenly large amounts of mana filled the air with a cold aura. The doctor, the midwife and Kafen froze in fear while Jeuta felt tense preparing for a possible fight. 

As the baby was crying in the midwife’s arms, the clan’s head mage bursted into the room, panting at the door. “Let me see the child!”The midwife, surprised but trusting, let the head mage see her.Just as the mage was reading her aura, his eyes opened wide, surprised and shocked, “Your child is… is an Ethereal Ice Dragon.”

Everyone was surprised, Jeuta then went and faced the mage “Are you really sure, that you have not mistaken it?”

The head mage responded “No i'm really sure about this, it's why I rushed here as she was giving birth, I sensed an aura here.” Jeuta replied “Well never have I ever wondered that in my lifetime I would witness the birth of an Ethereal Ice Dragon.”

Kafen asked “When was the last time we had an Ethereal Ice Dragon be born?” Jeuta replied “From what I remember from our records, around a thousand years ago.”

The midwife after washing the baby, handed her daughter to her.

In a soft and tired voice Kafen spoke “Hello beautiful, I'm so happy my daughter has been so blessed” while smiling and flooded with tears of joy. “Daeta would be so happy seeing that our child is an Ethereal Dragon”, staring aimlessly at the windows next to her.

There was a commotion outside the room, talking about the birth of a new Ethereal Dragon. Jeuta the clan chief shouted “SILENCE!” outside, his voice caused the baby to cry. “Oh sorry Kafen” looking at her angry face.

Jeuta sat down to a nearby chair, stared at the ceiling, a sigh of relief but at the same time a worry for the future. “You know we cannot keep her for her own safety”, Kafen replied with a sad tone “I know, I will be sad that I may never see her ever again but… it's necessary”

After a few days, Kafen and Jeuta were ready to leave. Jeuta transformed into a dragon letting Kafen rise on him. After packing some things they were ready to leave with Jeuta flying into the sky.

The baby was carried in a cloth held in Kafen’s arms while she rode Jeuta in his dragon form; Jeuta knew someone who was trustworthy to take her into her care. His heart did not want to leave this girl but it was necessary for her safety. Out of the cold valley  and near the royal capital, was a cabin on the outskirts.

While he was landing three people came out of the cabin, a mother, father and their daughter. She just woke up and was tired, rubbing her eyes while opening them amazed by the large dragon in front of her, while wind blew into her face sending her hair up.

Bene called “Jeuta”

Bene replied as Jeuta transformed into a humanoid dragon “What brought you all the way here?” He then saw the part-dragon part-human baby in Kafen’s arms and guessed “Is this due to the conflict between the Water and Fire Dragon clans?”

Jetua replied “Yes, I should enter your cabin now.” 

Everyone started to enter the cabin as the young girl stared at Jeuta, curious of what was going on.

While Jeuta sitting down Bene asked Leisa to bring some tea for him. “So who is the child here?”

Jeuta replied “She is Kafen’s and Daeta’s daughter, she is born as an Ethereal Ice Dragon

Bene surprised “Ethereal Dragon?!, never had we had two ethereal dragons be alive at the same time, this changes everything.”

Jeuta continued “But that is not the main reason for coming here.”

Leisa then arrived with the tea giving it to Jeuta returning a “Thank you”.

Jeuta continued “I believe that the Fire Dragon clan has allied with the Demon Emperor.”

Bene got up in his chair in shock, his ears could not believe what he had heard, “That's impossible, they should know how evil the Demon Empire is!”

Jeuta sighed “I wish I didn’t believe it but they did, I saw it with my own two eyes.”

Bene “Is it Omelia that allied with the Demon Empire?”

Jeuta replied angrily “Omelia is dead, Kenka took over. We were having our annual  Dragon clans meeting with the other two chiefs from the Air and Earth clans wondering why Omelia was late, when Kenka busted down the door of the meeting room with her head thrown across the room, and next to him a representative of the Demon Empire. He told us he allied with the Demon Empire and showed us the treaty of it.”

Bene then asked “Why did you not kill them there? You three could beat the two of them?”

Jeuta “We did not want to start a war immediately as we are still recovering from the war 10 years ago and we were in the middle of a town, all three of us didn't want to have thousands of people die due to our destructive battles, especially since Kenka is an Ethereal Lava Dragon.”

Bene “This… this is alot to take in… I need time to think. Oh did you tell the coalition this?”

Jeuta “Not yet I was waiting for her to be born? At the moment I tell the world the Water, Earth and Air clans may end up in conflict due to the Fire clan getting antagonised by the coalition.”

The baby started to cry, filling the quiet room with crying, making Kafen try and comfort her. 

“I want you to take my grandchild into your care.”

Bene replied “Are you sure about this?”

Jeuta “Yes, this is necessary for her survival, if they find out about her existence before she can defend herself they will kill her. I want you to train her to be able to fight, conflict is going to arise soon, you're are the chief of the Lucian royal high knights, you must know a few tricks up your sleeves.”

Bene “Retired marshal, I retired 5 years ago due to my injury.”

Jeuta “Its been a while sorry, I didn't know you were retired, to catch up I wanted to ask you who is your daughter is?”

Bene asking for her daughter to come over here “Her name is…” he was interrupted by her “Lily!”

Jeuta in a playful voice “Come over here.” moving his hand to tell her to sit on his lap, when she did he asked “Tell me how old are you?”

She replied “I am three!”

Jeuta “Good for you, you are so cute and small” as he pinches one side of her face.

Lily responded with a “Ow :( what was that for?“

Jeuta laughed and said “Oh I just wanted to mess with you.”

Lily got off Jeuta angrily.

Jeuta “I'm sorry Lily, come here I have something to show you.” as he walked towards Kafen, Lily also followed him.

Jeuta “This is going to be your new baby sister, make sure to take care of her as your older sister, you have a duty to help and guide her as her older sister, she is going to look up to you for help and advice.”

Lily's eyes glowed up in excitement as she liked the idea of having a little sister, to her she was so different with her light blue hair, dragon wings, tails and horns and most interestingly her being this ‘Ethereal Ice Dragon’.

Lily then asked “What is her name?”

Jeuta responded “Hmm im, we didn't give her a name yet? Kafen what name did you give her?”

Kafen responded “After some time I decided on the name Glace.”

Lily “Hello Glace I hope we have fun.”

Jeuta decided to sit back down and look towards the ceiling. “Well enjoy the fun because it is not going to last forever.”

9