Chapter 3: Shaanxi
41 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dimensional portals existed in his novel. They allowed linking point A to point B with a simple teleportation. However, Liu Min had to seek a plausible theory for their existence.

And the theory of the black hole seemed to be the best possibility he could find at the time.

It was theorized that everything that entered a black hole came out at another place in the universe. And on the other side, a white hole would allow to send back what had entered from the other side.

"Ahah. Did you just tell me that all dimensional portals were invented by a planetary lord of the human coalition?" Liu Min asked sarcastically laughing.

"Of course! No one can dispute the creation of a first-level planetary lord! Only people like them can create so many dimensional portals of such a level!"

Liu Min couldn't help but laugh.

"So why aren't dimensional portals being made these days?" Unlike his main story, it seemed that in this world, dimensional portals had stopped being produced.

Liu Min knew this when he read a book on the subject.

[For a few decades, the production of dimensional portals stopped overnight…]

This production halt had led many planets to do their best to connect their planets to those of higher levels. Some planets that were too far from others had been abandoned because they were not useful.

The only means of transport were either dimensional portals or fancy spacecraft. And their means of production were very expensive from his memories.

"It's because the military privatizes the dimensional portals."

What a load of crap. If that was the case, then he would have known as the author of this world.

Liu Min sighed deeply.

He had lost the patent for the dimensional portals, but also his name...

The sleepless nights he had thought of a reason to introduce dimensional portals... had all been ruined?

Liu Min thought of killing the person who had changed history.

How could a person change the existence of a dimensional portal so much? Did he do it to take all the credit?

Liu Min was getting angry at this reason.

"And black holes… Wasn't there a rumor that said dimensional portals were stars coming from those holes?" Liu Min had chosen black holes to create dimensional portals, so the man must have had the same idea?

"What? Black holes? Do you want to die… It is forbidden to say such absurd things."

"Why?"

"A law was passed to avoid discrediting the invention of a person."

Liu Min swore inwardly.

Damn sly dog!

The soldier sighed. "A person who breaks these laws can get up to ten years in prison. Avoid making the same mistake again, child."

"Alright, I understand." Liu Min moved forward ignoring the soldier.

Damn bastard. I'll kill you if I find you.

As he walked down the street, more and more people began to appear. It could be said that Shaanxi was a very active planet, as it was the main capital of the region. In reality, Shaanxi is also the name of the region of the faction, but also the name of this planet.

Everyone thought that as long as Shaanxi stood, the region would never fall. It was a very sneaky tactic, as Shaanxi was far from the front line.

A planet that brought together all the important heads of all industries; trade, military, economic… It was defended by powerful first-level planetary lords of the region: two first-level planetary lords and second-level ones.

Later in the future, Shaanxi would also be destined to be attacked by enemy forces. And the capital of the region would naturally fall into ruins, leading to the fall of Shaanxi.

Shaanxi was also the place where the exam would take place in four days.

Liu Min thought it was a good start, to have arrived at the same place where all the important events concerning the characters would take place.

He could have fallen into one of the regions at the back and would have missed the exams for the Shaanxi region.

"Anyway, now that I've reached this stage of the story, I have to keep moving forward." Liu Min stood in front of a tree.

If I remember correctly, this should be the place… In front of a huge building were trees with leaves falling because of the wind. And one of these trees had a small hole embedded at mid-height of an adult man.

A very powerful unique item must be hidden at this place.

"I'm almost there... Just a little more..." Liu Min checked the tree then reached inside to grab something.

"Eh! You, remove your hand from this tree immediately!" A threatening voice made him jump, making him fall back on his butt.

"Shit!"

"What were you trying to do?" The man with the threatening face and well-coiffed hair started lecturing him.

"It's… I was just trying to find something to eat." Liu Min rubbed his head while hiding the object in his hands.

At the same time, tree bark fell between his fingers. Showing a scene full of sadness.

Damn. I really look like a beggar from the alleys.

"Eat? Why would someone… What? Ah sorry. Here's a restaurant ticket," The man quickly turned and fled back into the building.

What happened? Liu Min was confused. He looked at the ticket in his hand in a vacant way. Why did he run away when he faced him before backing off... Wait.

Did the man think he was a poor beggar...?

Liu Min felt a bitter taste in his mouth, but he was still happy. "Let's forget this accident, I managed to retrieve my ring!"

In his right hand was a shiny ring.

[Ring of Gluttony]

A ring that converts mental energy into internal energy. It has a negative effect with each use, but the payoff is immeasurable when used to its full potential.

"Ring of Gluttony!" Liu Min almost shouted with joy in the middle of the street, but restrained himself as he headed towards a hotel.

The Ring of Gluttony was one of the seven rings that were scattered in the world. The protagonist already had one of them, and now it was two rings that were held by the human race.

"Fortunately, this ring was easy to retrieve." Liu Min chuckled a bit.

Normally, the protagonist would have retrieved it after being cowardly beaten by a planetary lord of combat type. And as he got up, he stumbled upon a shiny ring that had fallen when the tree was destroyed.

Liu Min put it on his ring finger and immediately checked his status window.

==Status==

Name: Liu Min

Power: Ninth level

Internal Energy: G+

Subjugated Planet: 0

Skill:

[Mind’s Eye]

You can display the status window of others effortlessly. No need to search for another person's data, just activate it yourself. All statistics, skills, equipment, and racial traits will be displayed.

Second Effect: Blocks all undesirable effects on the host.

Curses or tempting skills for the host will be naturally removed.

Equipment:

[Uniform Shirt]

A shirt that grants magical protection to the host. All damage caused by an attack is reduced by 1%.

[Ring of Gluttony]

A ring that brings a large amount of internal energy. It is very costly in mental energy, but the payoff is immeasurable when used to its full potential.

Increase in internal energy recovery efficiency: +20%

Racial Trait:

[Stellar Disease]

A disease that makes the body weak and fragile. It affects one in a hundred billion humans. There is currently no remedy to counter its effects.

Liu Min felt his internal energy increase within his body.

The meridian veins that were weak began to sharpen as the internal energy flowed.

"I've increased my level!" Liu Min looked at his G- level changed to G+! It might have been a small progression, but it indicated that the ring was effective.

Liu Min attempted to use the Ring of Gluttony, then spat out blood before kneeling down. "Indeed... Using mental energy against internal energy is very intense. As I suspected, it was a tool that only the protagonist could easily use..."

The protagonist had experienced many obstacles, from low to high and everything in between.

So his mental energy was quite high. He could use it as freely as a weapon.

Liu Min stood up and spat the red blood on the ground, cleaning his mouth.

Now that he held a ring capable of harnessing the potential of his mental energy, he had to train during the remaining days before the exam.

"Let's start training."

***

"Sir... Sir. Mr. Luzhou!" A guild hostess curiously asked her boss who was lost in thought.

"Ah- Yes." Luzhou Luo responded vaguely.

"Why are you lost in thought? And what about your files concerning the progress of the elves?"

"I had an unexpected event... but, the data is here. Please read and sort them chronologically, sending the important data to the other guild branches."

"Understood."

After giving further orders, Luzhou Luo exited the building and unconsciously glanced at the tree.

Looks like the child is gone. Luzhou Luo held his chin, raising an eyebrow. How could a child with such a pale and weak physique still be alive?

I'm very curious...

How has he managed to survive until now? It's a very enigmatic question.

"Is this child participating in the Shaanxi exam?" Luzhou Luo cast one last glance then headed towards the dimensional portal.

"Maybe we'll meet again someday."

***

[Shaanxi Examination Center!]

Liu Min arrived early, unlike the other students who were quickly coming into the main building.

"I'm glad I came early as usual; so many students... I would have been late." The grand hall was filled with new faces, people who knew each other gathered and quickly formed small groups.

I don't know anyone in this world... Liu Min sighed deeply.

"Men Chao, you've finally come!" A young woman ran up to him.

"Yes, the dimensional portal had a technical issue. I made it on time." Men Chao replied, scratching his head.

"Come here. The exam is about to start."

Men Chao.

The protagonist of this world.

"He doesn't seem to have changed." Liu Min checked the man in front of him.

A man with smooth hair, sharp eyes with refined muscles, not too flashy but as if they were sculpted by a renowned architect.

And me... Liu Min felt a bitter taste.

If he had known, he would have let everyone have a model's physique.

At least his body was more beautiful and similar to a model from his previous life, but compared to the physiques of the people in this world, his face would be closer to a Doberman.

"The instructor will be here soon, follow me." A woman took Men Chao's hand and disappeared into the crowd.

Liu Min felt a bit sad for him, as this woman would drift away when the protagonist woke up after the awakening.

"Everyone, keep your distance! The exam is about to begin!" A man of average appearance appeared, distributing orbs to each student.

[Awakening Orb]

An instrument to awaken internal energy towards the subconscious. Each student will be sent to a random world.

That's the awakening orb. Liu Min touched the blue sphere preciously.

"Pour your internal energy into the sphere!" The instructor with a stern voice shouted with all his might and thousands of lights began to plunge the grand hall into a white fluorescent glow.

Liu Min hurriedly poured his internal energy as well.

All the students present had internal energy at level E. It was a requirement because to awaken an awakening orb, one needed to pour a quantity similar to a person of level E, but Liu Min only had internal energy at level F+.

"It's way too exhausting." Liu Min thought sincerely.

But he had an ace up his sleeve that would allow him to pass this awakening without any trouble.

"Ring of Gluttony!" Immediately, Liu Min felt pressure building in his mind, while his internal energy began to rapidly increase, sending waves of internal energies continuously.

Just a bit more! Liu Min held on despite the pain.

And soon, he lost consciousness.

3