Chapter 9 : Xin Hua
7 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Liu Min checked the scoreboard.

The ranking was easy to understand, contrary to what he had thought. Students were graded on a scale of 100 points. The highest-performing students had a score above 80 points, while the rest fell below the thousandth place.

“As expected.”

The top spots were occupied by the main characters from the novel:

Sun Xia

Jin Han

Wang Luo

However, his name hadn’t even appeared in the top hundred places. He had expected this from the beginning, as he started with a  (disadvantage compared to other students who had family support.

But it’s still disappointing.

Liu Min sighed deeply and continued scrolling down the scoreboard.

Even though he had an item that allowed him to increase his internal energy at the cost of mental energy, it was still insufficient to catch up with their performance.

They truly deserved their nicknames as century geniuses.

[Liu Min – 80 points (Ranking 999)]

It wasn’t a bad ranking.

He had hoped for better, but it was enough to secure admission to the school he desired. This position would put him in a favorable position in any school.

The schools were divided into several categories:

First Middle School

Second Middle School

Third Middle School…

The first school had the highest reputation in the region, while the ninth establishment was the worst in the Shaanxi region.

Although he had already chosen a specific school, it would still contribute to his reputation later in history.

“Alright, where is the main character of the novel?”

Liu Min glanced down and noticed that the spot behind him had a different name.

 [Xin Hua – 80 points (Ranking 1000)]

“What? Why didn’t the main character secure the thousandth place on the scoreboard?”

In the story, Men Chao successfully reached the thousandth place, ensuring his admission to the main school where the main plot would unfold. However, at this very moment, a problem arose. Another person had taken his place. So, what is his current ranking?

Liu Min tapped his thigh nervously. 'Please tell me I didn’t mess up somewhere…' After a few moments, the scoreboard continued scrolling, revealing the remaining students placed below the top 1000.

[Men Chao – 80 points (Ranking 1001)]

“Oh my god.” Liu Min involuntarily cursed the deity who had altered the course of history (unbeknownst to himself). “How do I solve this problem?” he thought, clenching his teeth.

The story should have unfolded as usual, but his presence had shaken up the rankings. The main character was supposed to secure the last spot, granting entry to the top school. However, this time, they were at position 1001.

Liu Min involuntarily slumped against a wall, then widened his eyes in realization. 'Wait. There’s still a solution to get the main character into the top school!' He had come up with a cunning plan.

In the novel, the person ahead of Men Chao in the rankings wasn’t human. It was a minor demon who had taken the place and appearance of a student now deceased.

Liu Min clenched his fists. 'I’ll settle the score with that demon, and Men Chao’s admission application will go directly to the 1001st spot!' He unconsciously glanced at the nonchalant student resting against the wall, sighing like a human.

Next to him was Men Chao, the handsome guy who was sobbing on the ground. Although external beauty was a wonderful thing, in this world, he appeared like an ordinary student. In truth, it would be Liu Min who would be considered an ugly man according to the social norms of this era… He shook his head to dispel his negative thoughts.

Men Chao had been abandoned by his best friend, who had supported him since kindergarten. Now that he was all alone, he would move forward without remorse and train with determination. Liu Min averted his gaze. It was better not to help the main character for now. Men Chao needed to build and strengthen his mental resilience for the progression of the story… That was the original plan.

“Huh? Why is there a handkerchief here?” Men Chao looked around but found no one. Liu Min had already moved to a spot away from the elevated platform.

An old man cleared his throat. “Ahem. Welcome to all the new students who have joined the ranks of Shaanxi this year.” His voice was gentle yet powerful. The term “superpower” was not an exaggeration to describe the man before them. The strongest in the Shaanxi region. A first-tier planetary lord was present at the ceremony. The students were all surprised, but only a few didn’t change their expressions, including Liu Min himself.

Liu Min knew that the director on the stage was not the real one. It was a clone imbued with an item from the ruins, capable of assuming appearances and pre-recording actions in a different location. At this moment, the true director should be…

“Now that the introductions are complete, admissions will be sent independently to your communication devices. Please read them carefully and join your respective institutions at the right time. Thank you for your attention. May the universe bless us!”

After a salute…

After a greeting from the director’s clone, the students saluted.

“May the universe bless us!”

Liu Min quickly left the room and waited in the corridors connecting the entrance hall to the building’s exit. His sickly appearance attracted many glances. While fair skin might catch the attention of numerous women, he would have been happy if it weren’t for his face, which caused people to stare at him with disgust.

'It hurts my heart as a man…' He understood that his appearance didn’t conform to societal norms, but still…

Something caught his attention. A person was walking in the opposite direction of the other students.

“Found her.”

A black-haired student was discreetly walking behind the hall while everyone else—students and instructors alike—was busy unpacking their belongings.

Liu Min approached silently…

The corridor was dim enough that his shadow remained imperceptible. The floor material was so soft that any footsteps were muffled when stepped upon.

He drew a knife he had hidden in his uniform and raised it skillfully, aiming for the chest where the vital heart lay.

An item that allowed access to vital energy. Every living being possessed it, even Liu Min, who could feel his vital heart beating like an ordinary heart.

Liu Min plunged the blade directly into his heart, and at that very moment, he woke up amidst debris, covered in blood…

“What happened?” An expression of surprise and astonishment appeared as he spat out red blood hurriedly due to the pain.

1