Chapter 3: Accidents happen
64 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Euphid stared at the sword aimed to gouge his eyes, tilting his head to avoid it while brushing away one meant to puncture his lungs.

Currently, he was being bombarded by quick and rapid strikes by a team of puny mortals 

Although I may have frightened them a little, isn’t this a bit of an overreaction?

Euphid pondered as he easily avoided each honed thrusts and slash’s.

This reminds me of the time I tried  to seduce that female dragon, and her father was out for my head

Euphid stared at the feeble beings in front of him

Of course, that old man was much scarier     

Euphid gathered his mana, condensing it into the shape of a small pebble.

Avoiding another fatal blow, he flexed his pointer finger and flicked the tiny pebble.


*BANG*


It shot off 

Going straight through one of the skull of the mortals and piercing his brain.


“Oops”

The small pebble continued, and ripped a hole in the shoulder of another human.

The humans watched, stunned as the body of their comrade slumped over.


“Oh shit”      

One of them muttered, dropping his sword and fled instantly.

The weaker humans in the back had broken down immediately, it was pure chaos.


Watching them flail about, they look kind of pathetic.


A shout from his right woke him from his thoughts 

“YOU MOTHERFUCKER!!”

Another mortal rushed at him, his face contorted in anger and sword already raised high

Euphid tilted his head with a confused look 

Does he not understand the difference between us?

Euphid tightened his fist and threw a powerful hook that went into his stomach, completely destroying his innards.

The group watched in horror as Euphid pulled his arm out of their comrades body covered in his guts and organs, flashing them another grin.

“I’ll punish you anyways, in the name of Orphid”

To them, Euphids face was now the face of a devils, cruelly and mockingly playing with their fates.

.........

In the Gods Realm, Orphid was seated on the throne crafted out of crystallized mana.

He had long blond locks, a sharp face and a powerful figure. A crown of golden thorns rested upon his head with one bright blue crystal embedded in the center.

His legs were crossed and his elbow leaned on the arms of the throne, while he rested the side of his face on his closed fist.

He radiated the air of a monarch with absolute power.

Orphid was the mightiest god of the current era and was a figure not to be taken lightly.

His demeanor was unnervingly calm, he was cold and unfeeling, to others, he seemed to lack emotion.

A blood red mist seemed to foster around his regal form as he sat on his mighty throne, gazing at his subjects with eyes as deep as an abyss.

Kneeled before this emotionless monarch were Sophonis, an arch-elf who had ascended to this Realm as Euphids Apostle and Axeus, a minor deity of a lake.

“Speak, Axeus” He spoke to the  child-like figure before him.

“If...your answer.....is not sufficient”  

He paused

“You will.....join your kin.....in the underworld”

The child-like figure began to speak but dared not to even raise his head under the immense pressure he was under.

“Your majesty....I am solely at fault and will accept any punishment for my actions!” He pleaded guilty before Orphid’s pressure

“I fell victim to Euphids snake-like tongue, whispering words of temptation into my mind to convince me to sin, he promised my kind prosperity with his blessings if I would impersonate him for merely a few days and nights, he said to me”

Orphid stared at the quivering figure.

“You....deity’s are.....cunning schemers....”

Orphid uttered as if it was a passing thought.

“You will....be... stripped of your......powers”

Orphid monotonously declared, his word devoid of any empathy.

Chilling light blue chains, emitting a sharp frosty aura arose from the floor of the throne room.

They latched themselves around the pitiful minor deity, giving him no time to even squeal.

The chilling chains sucked him dry of all his mana, strengthening the chain’s chilly aura and its light blue glow.

When the process was finished, the chains were emitting an even sharper aura as if they could draw blood from a mere touch.

The chains began to unlatch itself, sinking back into the ground and leaving a fox in place of the deity.

“A...fox...how fitting...”

The fox seemingly lost its intelligence along with its power and scurried away, in fear of Orphid’s powerful aura.

Orphid’s abyssal eyes shifted to the one figure still left in the throne room, the kneeling Arch-elf Sophonis.






2