1. Roy Fortis
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I am going, mom".

"Take care, dear".

 

That was the last thing he spoke to her before everything fell apart.

 

He couldn't see, hear, or feel anything when he woke up since everything was pitch dark around him.

 

"What's happening? Was I kidnapped?

But he soon discovered that he was mistaken—all around him was unnaturally quiet. He tried moving, touching, and even screaming, but he was unable to sense anything. At last, panic begins to set in.

 

"A-Am I d-dead?" He pondered. But, how?

"I was in good health; neither a disease nor a terrible addiction affected me. So why?" He asked himself some questions.

When he passed out, he said farewell to his mother, and it was the last thing he recalled. Despite his best efforts, the events remained incomprehensible to him. Eventually, he simply gave up on the idea and came to terms with his death.

 

*Sigh* "I am worried about mom; hope she doesn't break down. Had I known that today would be my last, I would have made more time for her. *sigh* I wish I could have lived longer; there are so many things I would have liked to have done, but it's too late to regret it. I mean, I had no idea that the afterlife would be so... oh, what term would that be? AAH! Monotonous." He begins to reflect about his life since he has nothing else to do.

 

Roy Fortis was a twenty-year-old man with midnight black hair and an unremarkable face that you would find difficult to recall. His eyes, which were the colour of the ocean, were the only attractive thing about him and they appeared to enthral others. Roy was raised by his single mother; at the age of four, his father perished in an accident. Roy therefore tended to be very thoughtful toward his mother, putting in a lot of effort in his career and studies to make sure she wasn't let down and never sharing his troubles with her. He was well-liked by his classmates and had a large friend circle. Because his mother was a doctor, he was also quite wealthy. Roy's mother was frequently absent from the house, leaving him alone most of the time. This wasn't because his mother didn't care for him; on the contrary, Roy remembers her as a loving mother who was overly preoccupied with her work. He regretted not being able to spend more time with her, but since he is dead, it is pointless to dwell on the past. Regardless of what others may say, Roy was happy with his life despite having a lot of regrets. With nothing to do Roy started thinking about lot of things from his life like movies, novels, food and other random stuff.

 

In this dark void which seemed to stretch endlessly, no normal person could stay here for an extended amount of time. Roy experienced the same thing; at first, he was preoccupied with his own ideas, but with time, he gradually began to lose his sense of self. It is already impressive that Roy has survived this long in this remote setting where he has been deprived of all his senses; if it were someone else, they would have already gone insane. It describes Roy's strong resolve and mental toughness.

 

After what felt like an eternity, Roy noticed something was different in the emptiness. He spotted a faint patch of light flashing in the distance; it wasn't bright, but it was very obvious in this setting. Roy instinctively attempted to go toward the direction of the light source, but he was unable to do so despite his best efforts. Roy gave up, began studying the light. Roy watched for a long before noticing that the light spot had gotten bigger and brighter. It kept getting brighter and bigger until eventually Roy had to strain his eyes to see it. After a while, the light enveloped him entirely.

 

Roy slowly opened his eyes after an unknown amount of time, and the first thing he noticed was a bright blue sky and the sun, which made Roy squint. Roy then just lay there staring up at the sky, his expression expressionless. Roy began to scream out after experiencing a severe headache for some time, and memories began to flood his head. The horrible headache eventually began to fade.

 

"*Gasp* I remember now I am Roy Fortis". Roy's heart raced and it took him a few minutes to settle down."*Sigh* that was a terrifying experience I hope I won't go through that ever again". He was still filled with a lingering fear. Roy eventually realized something was wrong—he was no longer in that scary location. Roy was happy that he had not passed away as he thought that.

 

"Where, am I?" He stood up and looked about; it appeared that he was in an alleyway of some sort.

 

"Oh, I think I hear noises from there" he thought. He walked to the source of the sound which seemed to be out of this alley and when he got there, Roy saw a scene that stunned him completely.

 

He perceived what he took to be a marketplace. It was an odd scene, but very lively. Roy observed a lot of structures that appeared to have been built strangely, as well as strangely dressed individuals and people of unknown languages. A few people who were walking by gave him an odd look, as though they were observing an unusual animal.

 

"What's going on here?" Roy pondered. He was ready to move on when a piercing pain shot through his body. It was like hundreds of knives sticking all over his body. With a heartbreaking cry, Roy alerted everyone nearby. Upon witnessing someone shouting, they assumed he was hurt, and few people rushed to assist him. But before they could ask what happened Roy fell unconscious due to the intense pain.

 

0