Chapter 1
97 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I began my way home, I was stopped by a group of girls, not even 14, all in magical girl uniforms with evil smirks on their faces. The center girl in a pink dress then stood before me, my finger on the trigger.

"You know, According to the rules of being a magical girl, Guns are forbidden."

Giving the girl the finger, I replied to her stupid comment.

"Do I look like I care brat, when fighting eldritch you need every advantage you can get, so I'll fucking use a gun even if it kills me, because guns are 10x more effective than those weak ass magic blasts at killing the eldritch."

The girl's face turned a bright red as her lackys began to back up in fear of what she might do.

"You are insulting the strongest magical girl in japan, Magica Pink, I hope you realize who your messing with Gun Bitch."

"Hm... Well My magical girl name might not be as 'cute' and 'girly' but it's Caliber, so get it right or don't speak at all."

"That's it! I challenge you to a Magic Duel, I'll beat some sense into you just like I did that girl that didn't follow orders."

I knew who she spoke of, my old best friend, the magical girl one, and I calmly decided to shove her wand up her ass and teach her to respect her elders.

"I accept, just know I have military combat experience, and was trained to not have feelings when in battle."

As the girl floated up, a magical formation appeared as our two respective mascots observed the sanctioned duel.

"By the power given to me by the gods, I, Baset, will be the unbiased referee for this duel, the duel ends when a lethal hit is placed on the opponent. Fighters take your places."

I took my place on the ruins of the mall, as Magica Pink took her place floating in the air above the corpse of the shoggoth I killed.

"Begin!"

I began firing suppressive fire, all blocked by the girl's magical shield, as she was charging up an attack that would wipe me out if hit by it. With a smirk on my face, I used my new ability and teleported behind the girl, throwing a powerful kick into her back before teleporting to her once more and continuing that for 5 minutes.

When I finished my combo on her, I placed the barrel of my gun to her head and fired, not even allowing her to speak, I wasn't an idiot and knew she could get a spell off in that time.

"The duel is over, Caliber wins, Magica Pink has forfeit all her accumulated power by the rules of the duel."

"What! No! I should have won! It's not fair!"

As the girl began to have a tantrum, I felt my body fill with enough power to raise my level from rookie to expert magical girl. Magical girl ranks were an enigmatic thing, but I could feel I had strength equal to the attack Magica Pink would have used against me.

"Stop crying you brat, Combat experience and raw power are two different things, a person with knowledge of martial arts will always defeat a man with the raw strength of ten men, as long as the strong man has no knowledge of martial arts."

"Don't you spit your fake wisdom at me, I have defeated opponents with more experience than you."

"So you've fought former military corporels with at least 5 years of pure combat experience and more from fights in the ring."

"Geh!? no..."

"Thought so, not many get the opportunity to become magical girls."

Patting the small pink girl on the head, I decided to do something for her, and using the newfound strength I received, created a small pink pistol for the girl.

"Here, since you think that guns aren't cute enough to be used by a magical girl, a cute pink pistol made just for you."

The girls eyes had a slight sparkle in them, evidently she liked her gift, and I liked the childish face she had, she was clearly too young to handle being a magical girl, and the power gained had spoiled her rotten. This was likely the same for the other members of her group, so I eventually decided to take them under my wing, allow them to grow used to their power and to not use it for the evil they had been doing.

"Alright, I'll be taking you under my wing, you'll grow used to your power, and learn to use it in actual combat, not that theater play you did before."

""Yes Ma'am!""

***

Finally back home, I was depowered and transformed back into my muscled, scarred, tomboy body, a stark contrast to my magical girl form. Grabbing my gloves, I took off the hoodie I was wearing and wrapped my hands. Taking punches at the heavy punching bag, I channeled all my rage at the way the girls acted into my fists, a red aura appearing around them and strengthening my punches.

There were two kinds of heros in this world, Magical Girls, and Espers, I was in both camps, as before my indoctrination to the magical girl fighting force, I had the ability to strengthen my body with my emotions. It wasn't anything powerful, but since the creation of various hybrids like cat girls and wolf boys, a monkey girl like me will likely be ignored.

Yeah I didn't mention but I'm a genetic hybrid of human and japanese snow monkey DNA, giving me a long furred tail and white hair, which turned black when I transformed. I kept the tail hidden, since I looked basically like a normal human without it, and since hybrids aren't treated as fully human, it's better people don't know.

I fight in the MMA octagon, not for sport but for fun, and even have a reputation as the Monkey Queen, seeing as they're the only people who know about my hybrid nature. Suddenly I remember how they treated my old friend, and how she was doing now, isolating herself from others, and a large amount of emotional energy filled my fists, my punch being sent through the bag.

"Fuck this was even my reinforced one..."

Taking off the ruined bag I tossed it into the pile of ruined bags in the corner before hooking a new one, this time it was kevlar-titanium plate reinforced. Taking that left over emotional energy, I channeled it through my entire body, filling all my cells and strengthening my body before forcing the energy into my heart, strengthening it and my Esper powers.

According to that old martial artist I met during a tour of china's war-torn battlefields, this was called cultivating, and it would strengthen me more permanently, even extending my lifespan. Some weeb that I had met while in the octagon had also said that I looked like a Saiyan, some kind of alien with a monkey's tail from an old cartoon.

I don't care what I looked like but this cultivation stuff has improved my quality of life, I no longer need to eat as much and sleep isn't necessary for me to live anymore. Currently, I'm the strongest Magical Girl, however the strongest Esper is the Esper Red-eye, who can destroy eldritch in the S-Class and below.

"Got a long way to go."

6